I must not go enough

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
. Or that something should be moving that isn't on Splash,.

Yeah I mean its quite easy to think that the designers created the hopping Brer Rabbit to look like a shot rabbit hanging like a limp corpse, or that Soarings film was meant to look like it was "artistically" distressed, or even that attractions should in some way resemble the representation displayed on Disneys own marketing material. Yup us tourists are really dumb, allegedly. :shrug::dazzle:

EpcoTim

You can't exactly call anyone on this board a typical tourist though. To a first time guest, a non-lunatic so to speak, they may just get off the ride and think "Wow, that was great, except for that cheap looking, weird dead rabbit". Its my thought that most first time Disney guests are expecting a six flags experience, when they get one that is slightly better, but has all the cool Disney characters, they are blown away.

We're the ones who see the small lacking, broken, forgotten details and about them, I don't think the everyday public notices as much, nor are they nearly as picky.

Pumbas Nakasak

You can't exactly call anyone on this board a typical tourist though. To a first time guest, a non-lunatic so to speak, they may just get off the ride and think "Wow, that was great, except for that cheap looking, weird dead rabbit". Its my thought that most first time Disney guests are expecting a six flags experience, when they get one that is slightly better, but has all the cool Disney characters, they are blown away.

We're the ones who see the small lacking, broken, forgotten details and about them, I don't think the everyday public notices as much, nor are they nearly as picky.

Well in a strange coincidence another board I frequent (non Disney related) a discussion on holidays brought up some comments on how "Disney is over rated" , strange as it may seem some folk prefer a Six Flags type experience or even getting hammered on cheap plonk.

But I think you are doing guests a disservice as to what they notice and care about

EpcoTim

Well in a strange coincidence another board I frequent (non Disney related) a discussion on holidays brought up some comments on how "Disney is over rated" , strange as it may seem some folk prefer a Six Flags type experience or even getting hammered on cheap plonk.

But I think you are doing guests a disservice as to what they notice and care about

I've heard the same thing.

While I can see where it could be a disservice, it also seems to becoming a reality. Look at all the posts here lately. People who bring coolers and all that to the parks, get strollers for 9 year olds so they can get in as much as possible. Not take the time to notice things, but to cram as much in as humanly possible. I know I'm a bit off the target, but its a feeling I get and I'm thinking that there is some truth to it.

Pumbas Nakasak

I've heard the same thing.

While I can see where it could be a disservice, it also seems to becoming a reality. Look at all the posts here lately. People who bring coolers and all that to the parks, get strollers for 9 year olds so they can get in as much as possible. Not take the time to notice things, but to cram as much in as humanly possible. I know I'm a bit off the target, but its a feeling I get and I'm thinking that there is some truth to it.

I just don't think its as difficult to take things in and have an action packed day as you are making out. Ok my offspring are not "kids", but if you take proper breaks and plan it is possible to get the best of both worlds. Personally, we eat at the mono rail resorts instead of table service in the MK, we have been on most of the tours and take advantage of MEMH. Yes days are long and you finish the day tired, but a quick late night spladoosh in the pool a wee hellooo cheeky before bed and all is right in the world.
The only thing about going every year is that I dont feel that I Have to visit every attraction.
Im not bored of visiting Orlando, its just that what new experiences Disney have added dont really meet with what Im looking for in entertainment.

EpcotServo

Wow Pumbas, you seem more impassioned about this argument than usual. Most times your more Chaotic Neutral. You feeling well?
:lol:

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster

I think the Six Flags buffs are the type of people that can't enjoy a ride unless it's throwing them around like a rag doll. You know how many people I've seen call Pirates of the Caribbean "boring?" o_O

I have heard that some people derive enjoyment from lying on a beach in the sun. While I cannot understand this concept I'm sure that those who indulge in such activities derive some pleasure from it, much as those of us who try and fill every day with an activity gain pleasure from ours. Even if such activities are not as exciting as they once were, or stale you could say.
Yeah, I don't get how people can just lie on a beach all day either. My argument is that the only way you can see every single attraction on property is through incredible planning and almost military level timing and procedures. Going through all that kinda kills the fun for me.

scheat

Just curious to the op dragonrider, how do you spend your time at MK and EPCOT(and the rest of wdw for that matter)? I simply couldn't fathom not visiting SSE, BTMR, and Splash on every visit. I absolutely have to visit all 4 parks at every visit. Maybe I need to slow down a bit sometimes and do what you do, so I was curious to know how you go about visiting the parks? No sarcasm here, actually interested.

Dragonrider1227

Original Poster
Well, We haven't been to EPCOT since '05 (or any park other than MK for that matter. Our last couple of trips were pretty cheapcations) and that time I mostly spent out time in World Showcase. We also didn't spend the whole day at EPCOT. We left before it closed for dinner at Chef Mickeys. As for the Magic Kingdom, well... we kinda winged each time. In '05, I was at Splash Mountain but chickened out and didn't ride it. Plus, I had to wait with my little sister who also didn't want to ride it. Big Thunder Mountain I just never really thought about. Don't know why, just didn't :shrug: Maybe because I spend so much time in Tomorrowland and Adventureland :lol: But anyway, we take the parks very slowly and casually. Granted, we don't get everything done, but we still enjoy it a great deal. Also, the last time we went to the Magic Kingdom, it was during the Halloween party which gave us EXTRA things to do with the parade, fireworks, villains show, and Trick or Treating.
Oh, and something else we tend to do is just sit down on a bench when having a Turbleg or a soda, or an ice cream or something. We just enjoy the atmosphere rather than run from ride to ride

sueuk

Wow Pumbas, you seem more impassioned about this argument than usual. Most times your more Chaotic Neutral. You feeling well?
:lol:

I thought the same - the logic and arguments seem a lot more pulled together than normal!! Perhaps the little bit of sun we've had here has gone to his head :animwink:

Susan Savia

Our once a year vacations to the World are always 8+ days and I don't think we could ever be bored in any park. There are attractions we've never gone on as we just don't care too...Teacups, Space Mountain, Soarin, etc...to name a few. Our favorite park is Epcot to which we spend most of our time and we spend the least amount of time in AK. Once you've seen AK in its entirety, you've seen it. So we only return for Safari and Dinosaur then go to another park. We don't go into a park to look for chipped paint or broken parts, but for an experience that only Disney can give.

lighteningqueen

We went in 2007 our first trip and saw alot but not all of it and was in a high run to do it all thinking we would never get to come back as it is expensive. But we also spent alot and I mean alot of time in lines for Characters for our grandson. We did 7 days that time. THis past Dec we were there 9 days and still ahve yet to do Epcot thouroughly. By the time we visit that park we are dead tired of walking for the week. Again more characters... tons still yet to see. But I do agree more rides are needing a new twist on the ride. Maybe not a refurb which only looks to me to be a cleaning of the ride as we did not notice anything new on the refurbed ones last Dec. But change a scene so you see some new part of the story such as Pooh or Pirates they could redo some of that by resetting bodies doing something different. But my husband and I are going alone this year for 8 days and are goingto do all of epcot first so we are not drop dead tired when we go. We probably wont do big sit down meals as the food is just not that good and way overpriced. Well do counter this time and spend more time in the parks and shows etc. Big mistake we sat in the farthest rows of American adventure, presidents, places like that and I saw nothing that far away. So for us it will be like the first time.

I can't remember who said it, but I seem to recall someone saying that it would take somewhere around 30 days to really do EVERYTHING that WDW has to offer. Personally, I think it'd take longer than that.

I suppose that's one of the perks of being a passholder. We don't have to run from one ride to the next. If we aren't able to visit a particular attraction, that's okay because we'll just catch it next time 'round.

Do whatever you feel makes your time in WDW magical. For me, it's time in DHS and Epcot. I like MK as well, but it's been overdone for me. Plus it tends to be more crowded than the others.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom