I Just got a free upgrade!

yazmin182

Hi everyone,

This is my 3rd trip to Disney and my first free upgrade they gave me! I got an e-mail 2 days ago saying we can be upgraded to Old Key West or Saratoga Springs Resort for free! I couldn't believe it!

I am going during the free dining, Aug.27-Sep.2. I just called them and booked SSR and they gave me the choice between a studio and a 1 bedroom (even tho we're only 2 ppl), I tried to get the one bedroom but after holding for a while, she said it wasn't available.

Either way, I am no longer staying at the All Star Music so I am really excited!

Yay :sohappy: I had to share with everyone!

ThinkTink721

Hi everyone,

This is my 3rd trip to Disney and my first free upgrade they gave me! I got an e-mail 2 days ago saying we can be upgraded to Old Key West or Saratoga Springs Resort for free! I couldn't believe it!

I am going during the free dining, Aug.27-Sep.2. I just called them and booked SSR and they gave me the choice between a studio and a 1 bedroom (even tho we're only 2 ppl), I tried to get the one bedroom but after holding for a while, she said it wasn't available.

Either way, I am no longer staying at the All Star Music so I am really excited!

Was this the upgrade where they give you a pin code?
:veryconfu :wave:

Upvote 0

imamouse

Sill me - I booked SSR during free dining in Sept. If I'd booked a value resort, I too could be getting in on this deal (well, maybe). Congrats to all who got lucky!

Upvote 0

Cara1210

That's great, congrats.! The best I've gotten as far as upgrades was last year at POFQ. They moved us up to a water view instead of standard. Don't get me wrong, I was greatful, but your situation is waaaaaaaaaay better!:)

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Was this the upgrade where they give you a pin code?
:veryconfu :wave:

Yes, it was an email that sent you a specific code that is already linked to your actual reservation number.

A neat tidbit for those with check-in dates between 8/26 and 9/1 is to actually call CRO and see if the pin is posted to your reservation. Some travelers did not recieve an email but gave CRO a call anyways, and sure enough, they had a pin attached to their reservation.

Other travelers have commented that everything offered through the upgrade is now "sold out" but it wouldn't hurt to try! As of right now CRO comments that no upgrades have been offered for check-in dates after 9/1 but it's likely more upgrades will be offered for future check in dates during the promotion.

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Hi everyone,

That means that All Stars Music was overbooked... either way, enjoy that upgrade!

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I wonder if they will force you to sit through a sales presentation ? :rolleyes:
not likely... I've had firsthand encounters when WDW has overbooked.

It was overbooked at POR last year, we were upgraded to the Contemporary Concierge :D

When Disney messes up, in their usual PR spin, you get upgraded :lol:

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Can I call now and tell them I won't be checking in til after 11 PM and if the rooms are going to be filled go ahead and upgrade me now so I don't have to resort hop after midnight?

(of course this is all wishful thinking. I'd gladly hop after midnight as well to get upgraded -- Esp to a studio or 1 brm ste.

Upvote 0

shanny

is this only for packages booked after 8/26 with free dining? we are checking in on the 18th and checking out the 26th, for our honeymoon. i just think it would be cool to be upgraded for such a special event, but if not, ill still be happy. its disney!! but congrats to everyone who did get an upgrade. especially the one with a 2 person jacuzzi. THAT would be heavenly...:cool:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom