Trip Report I just couldn't hang with the Big Dogs!

In my pre trip report I mentioned all the drinks I was hoping to get to drink. Well, I did try but I am just going to have to remain a cheap date/light weight because I found myself tapping out and going with water at times. Maybe it was the heat, maybe it was the excitement of Disney, maybe I'm just a tea girl. I did have a great time trying though. So @wdisney9000 @lostpro9het @imahistorygeek @bee @ajrwdwgirl I applaud you, and maybe someday I'll get to hang with the Big Dogs.

Before I start my report I do have to let @fractal know that I took many many pictures, some of which I love but if it wasn't for Fractal showing me a pic of Cinderella's Castle that he took shortly after he started photography I probably would've thrown my camera a few different times.

Also a few pictures that were in the pre trip report may make an appearance here too.

On with my report!

September 14th - Day 1:

IMG_3208.JPG

6:36am and we're pulling out of the driveway. Yep, that's a cassette deck. We're old school. Nothing sounds better than 80's rock on a scratchy cassette.

A few issues came up and I had to run a couple of errands but we were quickly on our way. We ran into another issue....

IMG_3210.JPG

As soon as we got on the highway it was fog all the way to Detroit airport. With the errands, the fog and the fact that J was driving (he's a little slower than me) I was starting to panic about missing our flight. We got to the airport and missed the entrance to the parking garage o_O. This was my fault. We turned around, parked, got our boarding passes and headed to security. The line didn't look too long but boy were they thorough. Our luggage was set aside due to our extra shoes and my baggie of trail mix being in our carry-on. (@lostpro9het 's beer was safely boarding the plane with checked baggage) After they searched our bags and wiped down our shoes for explosives we were on our way. We kind of just strolled to our gate, which i have to say was a very long walk, once we got there they were saying final boarding!! :eek: I never even heard any previous announcements. We don't fly often. Can anyone tell?

We got our seats. We were both in the middle but J was directly in front of me. I didn't mind sitting in the middle but I like to look out the window. The women next to the window refused to open the shade. Why do you sit next to the window and not look out!! :mad:

Disney happy thoughts!

We have arrived!
IMG_3212.JPG

We made our way down to MDE and there were maybe 4 people checking in. We made our way to our row and waited only a few minutes before we stared to board the bus!
IMG_3213.JPG
IMG_3214.JPG

I made sure to grab the front seat to get this widely famous picture!!
DSC02434.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
DSC02777.jpg

DSC02778.jpg

DSC02780.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I did shed a tear. The show is my favorite and gets me every time. I'm blaming my weepiness on aging. After TFOLK we came across this lady. She was outstanding.
DSC02782.jpg

DSC02783.jpg

DSC02784.jpg

DSC02785.jpg

DSC02786.jpg

It was about this time that I received a message that our newest Disney pals were at the park and relaxing at Nomad Lounge, which is a place I wanted to check out. But first we had a FP+ that was about to expire. We were off to fight a Yeti before I could enjoy a drink.

DSC02787.jpg

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I love this!! I want this PIN!!

Nice job with the photos!
Thanks!! That means a lot. I do see issues with some but thought I'd post them anyway.

Thanks for the lovely photos of AK. I am having a bad morning at work and your photos cheered me up, TFOTLK is my favorite show at the World.:)

I'm so glad they helped. I love going back through my pictures and reliving my trip. I hope your day gets better!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
DSC02788.jpg

DSC02789.jpg

After EE we made our way to Nomad Lounge. We made it a point to stand inside for a few minutes because us northerners tend to overheat. It was hot!! We then made our way outside to join @imahistorygeek and @lostpro9het for a drink and some appetizers.

DSC02790.jpg

My drink was a Lambu Libation. I think. It was big. It was delicious. It kicked my butt. But not until I got up to leave. The conversation was great and easy. The appetizers were just ok. Because the atmosphere was amazing I will go back again. Maybe just for drinks or I'd try something different to eat.

DSC02791.jpg

Unfortunately we had to say goodbye. We had FP+ for FOP!!

I'm going to give some advise... Don't order and drink a very large alcoholic beverage right before you enter Pandora for the first time. It's just to much to take in. Yes it's small but there's so much to look at. After taking a few pictures I walk up to FOP to scan my band and it's BLUE!! Seriously....the lady just looks at me and says this is Na'vi River Journey. Opps. Damn drink.:facepalm: :hilarious:

We go over to FOP and it's Green! :happy: This ride was spectacular except for one issue. Since I have aged past 40 my perfect 20/20 is gone. I now have to wear readers for anything closer than my outstretched arm. I never thought this would be an issue on the ride but it was. There was quite a lot that was out of focus and that drove me nuts. Just in case your wondering I don't think it had anything to do with my drink :)

DSC02792.jpg

DSC02793.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

DSC02795.jpg

DSC02796.jpg

DSC02798.jpg

TheMouseFan

Love, love, love your AK pics! I really want to go back!!:( I'm really enjoying your report! I'm trying to talk Brian into a 20th anniversary trip next December, and he seemed kind of excited by the prospect of a non-park trip, so I'm following your report closely to pick up ideas since you only did one park. (OK, I'm not fooling anyone, I already have a full itinerary planned, but I'm still enjoying following along!!)

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Love, love, love your AK pics! I really want to go back!!:( I'm really enjoying your report! I'm trying to talk Brian into a 20th anniversary trip next December, and he seemed kind of excited by the prospect of a non-park trip, so I'm following your report closely to pick up ideas since you only did one park. (OK, I'm not fooling anyone, I already have a full itinerary planned, but I'm still enjoying following along!!)
Thanks! I would really recommend an adults only vacation. Even if we hadn't gone to AK it would've been an amazing trip. The relaxing, signature dining, guilt free drinking and especially no fighting kids made this trip unforgettable. I had a pretty full list of must do's but only ending up getting half them accomplished. I wish for your sake I was a little more detailed with my report but just feel incredibly short of time lately and was just trying to get my pictures uploaded. Good luck with convincing Brian to go.

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
The jungle Trek seemed short but I really enjoyed it. Gorilla falls was so crowed when we went through but the Jungle Trek was more relaxing and we didn't feel pushed along with the crowd.

DSC02813.jpg

DSC02814.jpg

DSC02815.jpg

DSC02816.jpg

After the Trek it was time for our next signature dinner!! I was really looking forward to Tiffins. Of course I had to stop a few times and take more pictures of the Tree of Life.

DSC02817.jpg

DSC02818.jpg

DSC02819.jpg

DSC02820.jpg

DSC02822.jpg

DSC02823.jpg

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Tiffins has gotten mixed reviews but our experience was outstanding. Our waitress, whom I now can't think of her name, was the best waitress we've ever had on property. I made it a point to contact Disney a few different ways to let them know how great she was. J got the Octopus for the appetizer and has said many times it's the best thing he ate our entire trip. I got the artisanal cheese plate and thought it was delicious! For the main course I got the Wagyu Beef and Brisket. If you get this, make sure you eat the brisket first. It was very good but it you eat it after the beef it tastes like cardboard, the beef was so tender.

DSC02826.jpg

J Got the duck. He said it was extremely good.

DSC02827.jpg

DSC02828.jpg

DSC02829.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

I ordered the chocolate ganache for desert and thought it was good.

DSC02833.jpg

J got the Calamansi Mousse and oh sweet Jesus! This was soooo good. If you go, order this desert!

DSC02834.jpg

Random Russell! J doesn't understand my love for Primevial Whirl so I rode alone. I ended up sharing a car with a Cast Member who was enjoying her day off.

DSC02835.jpg

DSC02836.jpg

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
It was now time for Rivers of Light. Just like Tiffins ROL gets mixed reviews. I loved it. I'm a tree hugger, maybe that's why. I don't care that it doesn't have fireworks. I thought it was beautiful. Some of my pictures are blurry but I'm posting them anyway so I can look back and read my report from time to time when the Disney Blues set in.

DSC02838.jpg

DSC02839.jpg

DSC02840.jpg

DSC02844.jpg

DSC02845.jpg

DSC02847.jpg

DSC02849.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom