Trip Report I just couldn't hang with the Big Dogs!

In my pre trip report I mentioned all the drinks I was hoping to get to drink. Well, I did try but I am just going to have to remain a cheap date/light weight because I found myself tapping out and going with water at times. Maybe it was the heat, maybe it was the excitement of Disney, maybe I'm just a tea girl. I did have a great time trying though. So @wdisney9000 @lostpro9het @imahistorygeek @bee @ajrwdwgirl I applaud you, and maybe someday I'll get to hang with the Big Dogs.

Before I start my report I do have to let @fractal know that I took many many pictures, some of which I love but if it wasn't for Fractal showing me a pic of Cinderella's Castle that he took shortly after he started photography I probably would've thrown my camera a few different times.

Also a few pictures that were in the pre trip report may make an appearance here too.

On with my report!

September 14th - Day 1:

IMG_3208.JPG

6:36am and we're pulling out of the driveway. Yep, that's a cassette deck. We're old school. Nothing sounds better than 80's rock on a scratchy cassette.

A few issues came up and I had to run a couple of errands but we were quickly on our way. We ran into another issue....

IMG_3210.JPG

As soon as we got on the highway it was fog all the way to Detroit airport. With the errands, the fog and the fact that J was driving (he's a little slower than me) I was starting to panic about missing our flight. We got to the airport and missed the entrance to the parking garage o_O. This was my fault. We turned around, parked, got our boarding passes and headed to security. The line didn't look too long but boy were they thorough. Our luggage was set aside due to our extra shoes and my baggie of trail mix being in our carry-on. (@lostpro9het 's beer was safely boarding the plane with checked baggage) After they searched our bags and wiped down our shoes for explosives we were on our way. We kind of just strolled to our gate, which i have to say was a very long walk, once we got there they were saying final boarding!! :eek: I never even heard any previous announcements. We don't fly often. Can anyone tell?

We got our seats. We were both in the middle but J was directly in front of me. I didn't mind sitting in the middle but I like to look out the window. The women next to the window refused to open the shade. Why do you sit next to the window and not look out!! :mad:

Disney happy thoughts!

We have arrived!
IMG_3212.JPG

We made our way down to MDE and there were maybe 4 people checking in. We made our way to our row and waited only a few minutes before we stared to board the bus!
IMG_3213.JPG
IMG_3214.JPG

I made sure to grab the front seat to get this widely famous picture!!
DSC02434.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Day 3 Sept 16

When we woke up we had to figure out what to do, I'm totally kidding, we were headed to the pool!

DSC02563.jpg

DSC02564.jpg

98075E13-9F9D-4736-91C7-745282B4A0E0.jpeg

DSC02568.jpg

DSC02573.jpg

After a few hours in the pool and yes a couple of pool side drinks we had a date to get to!! After getting ready we hopped on a bus to MK and walked while silently weeping past the Train Station to board a Tram to the Poly.
20EA369A-916E-478D-9D43-3AB92CFA8B57.jpeg

DSC02577.jpg

When we arrived at the Poly we headed to Captain Cooks to meet our new Disney buddies @imahistorygeek @lostpro9het @blgauger and Dylan. I have to say I hate being the one to make decisions and I got stuck picking our place to have lunch. Although the atmosphere was very nice it was soooo hot. Looking at the others you would have thought we were sitting in the air conditioning but I was wilting. :hilarious: The nachos were good but I think I'll try the lounge next time;)
82BC2272-6EAC-4281-8AB7-9E4FFD922A6D.jpeg

11D69C64-0753-43DA-8B87-106598F95F93.jpeg

The conversation was great. It's always nice to meet people that have similar interests as yourself. Not many understand my love of Disney, even when I tell them all the wonderful things to do there. Their eyes usually glaze over half way through our conversation.

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After a great lunch and the big beer exchanged we headed upstairs to the gift shop. We were looking for a coozie for J's drinks so he could take them to the pool. We scored an awesome one.
E3AAFA6D-0F94-4111-979B-B13E93715C03.jpeg

After our coozie find I wanted to Monorail hop and ride through Epcot. I thought if I couldn't go there I'd at least get a sneak peak. We got stopped by the Monorail police. I walked right through but J had some explaining to do. They didn't like he had a backpack full of beer.:D Well, I guess we'll go to plan B. We decided to hop on a bus to AK then another bus to AKL to go back to our room to rest and clean up for our very first dinner at California Grill.

With some time before our reservations I was able to talk J into my earlier plan of riding the monorail through Epcot. If we had time I would have done it twice so I could look out each side.

67942483-D378-4FE8-B77C-94A46271696D.jpeg
DSC02580.jpg

DSC02582.jpg

DSC02587.jpg

DSC02593.jpg

DSC02601.jpg

DSC02603.jpg

DSC02612.jpg

DSC02614.jpg

The pictures aren't the best but it was fun and I actually saw a lot more than I thought I would.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
So incredibly late, but...

While I took a bite of my sandwich I look over and this Hippo is staring at me. Kind of cute but there is something about his nose that makes it so I can't look away. J agrees with me.:)

Holy...moley. :jawdrop: Wonder if they call that a hidden mammary. LOL

Following along!! So excited to relive your trip with you :)

I interpreted that sign as when you’re sick you make such big plans and promises to yourself about what you will do when you are well again. Like for me, I would be working out if I didn’t have this cold. But then when you are well again, you just accept things the way they are and aren’t as motivated or inspired to do what you took for granted previously. Idk if that makes any sense or is even remotely close to the point they were trying to get across! Lol

Sounds good. I like it, anyway.

Another @gwhb75 euphemism? ;) :joyfull:

That's what I was thinkin'

We stopped by Big River Brewery. We had heard about them here on the forums and thought we'd try it out. J had a beer flight and we split some nachos. We were both disappointed with the experience

Have not heard anything good about Big River Brewery. Sorry you had to experience that.

The pictures aren't the best but it was fun and I actually saw a lot more than I thought I would.

Those pictures are great! Especially the ones of Spaceship Earth.

I see we have another Il Mulino fan, that place is great. The limoncello is the icing on that cake. :hungry: And I love how you forgot the name of the other pizza restaurant. :joyfull: for real.

Isn't it fun to meet up with online friends?? Now that you've got a meet under your belt--girls cruise! One of these years. Just sayin'. :D

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
My drink was delicious and I'm sorry I can't remember the name. Blackberry something. @wdisney9000 you should know the big butch guy sitting next to me had one too:rolleyes:
D7D791E2-42A9-4821-8B15-81C8E83E3ED2.jpeg

My appetizer was the Goat Cheese Raviolli. So delicious.

AA8DA88E-69CF-4662-A02F-534379DC2365.jpeg

For my main course I had to try the popular Filet. It was as delicious as they all say. I have to admit, I didn't care for the risotto. J's polenta was so much better.

E21A135C-0027-4FA5-A53F-A765F7048C7C.jpeg

J had the Grilled Pork and ate every bite

C1A8CCB6-DEE4-4B2F-B599-37F58857C348.jpeg

Afterwards we went out to the deck and watched HEA. Even from on top of the Contemporary I loved it. Here are some horrible pictures. I'm still learning. I tried to use the rail to keep the camera steady for night shots but every time some one touch the rail it jiggled.

CD1BA0D8-7E93-41A6-A3DD-4AB8BF560701.jpeg

DSC02629.jpg

DSC02630.jpg

View attachment 240637

DSC02632.jpg

DSC02642.jpg

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
DSC02653.jpg

DSC02654.jpg

DSC02655.jpg

DSC02656.jpg

After HEA we talked about meeting up with our new wdwmagic friends at Trader Sam's, going there was are original plan but after stuffing ourselves and getting a little tipsy going back to AKL sounded awesome so we found the walkway from Contemporary to MK and it was pretty much like swimming upstream. We made it to the buses and waited a whole two minutes. It was another great day at Disney!!

Attachments

• DSC02642.jpg
    DSC02642.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC02644.jpg
    DSC02644.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC02645.jpg
    DSC02645.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 20

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
So incredibly late, but...

Holy...moley. :jawdrop: Wonder if they call that a hidden mammary. LOL

Sounds good. I like it, anyway.

That's what I was thinkin'

Have not heard anything good about Big River Brewery. Sorry you had to experience that.

Those pictures are great! Especially the ones of Spaceship Earth.

I see we have another Il Mulino fan, that place is great. The limoncello is the icing on that cake. :hungry: And I love how you forgot the name of the other pizza restaurant. :joyfull: for real.

Isn't it fun to meet up with online friends?? Now that you've got a meet under your belt--girls cruise! One of these years. Just sayin'. :D
Yes it is fun meeting Disney friends! So keep plugging that girls cruise because someday I'll make it on one!!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I've started a new job so I've been absent from the boards lately. I've missed many trip reports I would really like to sit down and read. I hate to say it but it's exhausting just hopping on and finishing mine:eek::oops: I do want to but usually only have free time late in the evenings or Sunday's. I'll try to post again this coming weekend. Good news though the Marching Band has made it to state competition and will be competing at Lucas Oil Stadium. It is the last week of band!!!!!:D YEA!!!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I've started a new job so I've been absent from the boards lately. I've missed many trip reports I would really like to sit down and read. I hate to say it but it's exhausting just hopping on and finishing mine:eek::oops: I do want to but usually only have free time late in the evenings or Sunday's. I'll try to post again this coming weekend. Good news though the Marching Band has made it to state competition and will be competing at Lucas Oil Stadium. It is the last week of band!!!!!:D YEA!!!

Great news! Good luck with the new job!!

fractal

Congrats! Take your time and enjoy. Love the pics!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Day 4 September 17 Anniversary day!! Animal Kingdom Day!!

No pool for us today. After another Sanaa breakfast we headed for the bus stop for AK

IMG_3293.JPG

We arrived shortly after 9 and just like the past few days we just took our time and soaked it all in. I wanted to hit everything but going slow was my main goal.

DSC02660.jpg

DSC02662.jpg

DSC02663.jpg

DSC02664.jpg

DSC02669.jpg

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02671.jpg

DSC02672.jpg

While walking around the Tree of Life we found Tarzan just standing there by himself so of course I had to go talk with him. You would think that talking with a half naked man would be awkward but it really wasn't he was very into his role and I'm very glad I stopped

IMG_3495.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom