Trip Report I just couldn't hang with the Big Dogs!

In my pre trip report I mentioned all the drinks I was hoping to get to drink. Well, I did try but I am just going to have to remain a cheap date/light weight because I found myself tapping out and going with water at times. Maybe it was the heat, maybe it was the excitement of Disney, maybe I'm just a tea girl. I did have a great time trying though. So @wdisney9000 @lostpro9het @imahistorygeek @bee @ajrwdwgirl I applaud you, and maybe someday I'll get to hang with the Big Dogs.

Before I start my report I do have to let @fractal know that I took many many pictures, some of which I love but if it wasn't for Fractal showing me a pic of Cinderella's Castle that he took shortly after he started photography I probably would've thrown my camera a few different times.

Also a few pictures that were in the pre trip report may make an appearance here too.

On with my report!

September 14th - Day 1:

IMG_3208.JPG

6:36am and we're pulling out of the driveway. Yep, that's a cassette deck. We're old school. Nothing sounds better than 80's rock on a scratchy cassette.

A few issues came up and I had to run a couple of errands but we were quickly on our way. We ran into another issue....

IMG_3210.JPG

As soon as we got on the highway it was fog all the way to Detroit airport. With the errands, the fog and the fact that J was driving (he's a little slower than me) I was starting to panic about missing our flight. We got to the airport and missed the entrance to the parking garage o_O. This was my fault. We turned around, parked, got our boarding passes and headed to security. The line didn't look too long but boy were they thorough. Our luggage was set aside due to our extra shoes and my baggie of trail mix being in our carry-on. (@lostpro9het 's beer was safely boarding the plane with checked baggage) After they searched our bags and wiped down our shoes for explosives we were on our way. We kind of just strolled to our gate, which i have to say was a very long walk, once we got there they were saying final boarding!! :eek: I never even heard any previous announcements. We don't fly often. Can anyone tell?

We got our seats. We were both in the middle but J was directly in front of me. I didn't mind sitting in the middle but I like to look out the window. The women next to the window refused to open the shade. Why do you sit next to the window and not look out!! :mad:

Disney happy thoughts!

We have arrived!
IMG_3212.JPG

We made our way down to MDE and there were maybe 4 people checking in. We made our way to our row and waited only a few minutes before we stared to board the bus!
IMG_3213.JPG
IMG_3214.JPG

I made sure to grab the front seat to get this widely famous picture!!
DSC02434.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
I may have gotten ahead of myself and not explained our trip. So those who may not know J and I rented points from DVC-Rental.com. This was a kids free, anniversary, signature dining, staying at the pool for hours, only going to one park, and drinking vacation.

Ok. Day 1 Continued.

Our bus dropped off at Jambo first then headed to Kidani. I don't have many pictures of our first impression. Kidani is small and beautiful, And the smell......:inlove:. Everyone talked about the smell of the Jambo lobby but I was loving the scent at Kidani. I hadn't received a text regarding our room so I went up to the desk. I was given a room very close to the lobby, when we opened the door it hadn't been cleaned yet. Did that get me down.. nope. We walked back to the front desk and explained the room wasn't ready. She apologized profusely and me with my big mouth said "I had heard that there are standard rooms with a savannah view, is that true? Are any available?" Yep, there were and we got one. It was so far. Me and my big mouth:rolleyes: sometimes perks aren't really perks.
Here is my wonderful room, it really was very nice
DSC02438.jpg

And a little viewo_O
DSC02442.jpg

Do you see this zebra? He was alone every day just standing there..looking. I started to feel bad for him. Did the other zebra's not like him?
DSC02443.jpg

We decided to go explore our new home.
DSC02450.jpg

DSC02451.jpg

These guys were awesome!
DSC02455.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this means?
DSC02446.jpg

We were a little hungry and decided to walk over to Jambo and try their quick service, Mara. We walked into the lobby and o_O where's that awesome smell everyone talks about? It must have went over to Kidani because I couldn't smell anything. I asked J and nope he couldn't smell anything either.

We split the bacon cheeseburger. It was surprisingly good. That is about all I can say about The Mara. It was kind of out of the way, small, dark, and not a big selection. Not a place I'd want to go to again.
IMG_3215.JPG

While I took a bite of my sandwich I look over and this Hippo is staring at me. Kind of cute but there is something about his nose that makes it so I can't look away. J agrees with me.:)
IMG_3216.JPG

prfctlyximprct

Following along!! So excited to relive your trip with you :)

I interpreted that sign as when you’re sick you make such big plans and promises to yourself about what you will do when you are well again. Like for me, I would be working out if I didn’t have this cold. But then when you are well again, you just accept things the way they are and aren’t as motivated or inspired to do what you took for granted previously. Idk if that makes any sense or is even remotely close to the point they were trying to get across! Lol

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Can't unsee it now! :hilarious::hilarious:
I KNOW!! I was hoping i wasn't the only one.
Did you guys enjoy your renting points experience? I think I am hooked now and will be doing that from now on. I loved staying at Kidani.
We had a great experience and would definitely do it again. I was just checking for the fun of it and it looks like the prices per point have went up since I first booked this vacation. I still think it would be worth it. Loved the vibe at the Poly while visiting @blgauger @imahistorygeek @lostpro9het, I may have to try there next.
Another @gwhb75 euphemism? ;) :joyfull:
Shhh.. ;)
That sangria looks so cute.:)
I am enjoying your TR and look forward to reading about the rest of your stay.
Thanks for reading.

djpoore94

Slightly late to the party, but joining in! I remember that fog on your departure day (we live in Michigan as well, working in Farmington Hills). It was creepy how fast that fog set it. It was pretty clear when I got to work around 6:30, but by 7:00 I couldn't see much past the door to the office!

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Slightly late to the party, but joining in! I remember that fog on your departure day (we live in Michigan as well, working in Farmington Hills). It was creepy how fast that fog set it. It was pretty clear when I got to work around 6:30, but by 7:00 I couldn't see much past the door to the office!
That fog was crazy! Glad your following along!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom