Trip Report I just couldn't hang with the Big Dogs!

In my pre trip report I mentioned all the drinks I was hoping to get to drink. Well, I did try but I am just going to have to remain a cheap date/light weight because I found myself tapping out and going with water at times. Maybe it was the heat, maybe it was the excitement of Disney, maybe I'm just a tea girl. I did have a great time trying though. So @wdisney9000 @lostpro9het @imahistorygeek @bee @ajrwdwgirl I applaud you, and maybe someday I'll get to hang with the Big Dogs.

Before I start my report I do have to let @fractal know that I took many many pictures, some of which I love but if it wasn't for Fractal showing me a pic of Cinderella's Castle that he took shortly after he started photography I probably would've thrown my camera a few different times.

Also a few pictures that were in the pre trip report may make an appearance here too.

On with my report!

September 14th - Day 1:

IMG_3208.JPG

6:36am and we're pulling out of the driveway. Yep, that's a cassette deck. We're old school. Nothing sounds better than 80's rock on a scratchy cassette.

A few issues came up and I had to run a couple of errands but we were quickly on our way. We ran into another issue....

IMG_3210.JPG

As soon as we got on the highway it was fog all the way to Detroit airport. With the errands, the fog and the fact that J was driving (he's a little slower than me) I was starting to panic about missing our flight. We got to the airport and missed the entrance to the parking garage o_O. This was my fault. We turned around, parked, got our boarding passes and headed to security. The line didn't look too long but boy were they thorough. Our luggage was set aside due to our extra shoes and my baggie of trail mix being in our carry-on. (@lostpro9het 's beer was safely boarding the plane with checked baggage) After they searched our bags and wiped down our shoes for explosives we were on our way. We kind of just strolled to our gate, which i have to say was a very long walk, once we got there they were saying final boarding!! :eek: I never even heard any previous announcements. We don't fly often. Can anyone tell?

We got our seats. We were both in the middle but J was directly in front of me. I didn't mind sitting in the middle but I like to look out the window. The women next to the window refused to open the shade. Why do you sit next to the window and not look out!! :mad:

Disney happy thoughts!

We have arrived!
IMG_3212.JPG

We made our way down to MDE and there were maybe 4 people checking in. We made our way to our row and waited only a few minutes before we stared to board the bus!
IMG_3213.JPG
IMG_3214.JPG

I made sure to grab the front seat to get this widely famous picture!!
DSC02434.JPG

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
After the show J had had enough. I don't think he could've walked any faster towards the exit. I actually had to make him stop so that I could watch a little bit of the "awaking tree show". I only took a few pictures then gave in. Before we got to the Oasis I remembered @lostpro9het (as least I thought it was you) said that they sold Mickey Ice Cream bars at the bridge. I wasn't even close to being hungry but I had to have one before our vacation was over and I knew this was my last chance so I got one. I remember trying to convince J to take a few bites but he was to full too. I choked it down (I can't believe I just said that) on our way to the bus which picked us up in a matter of a few minutes.

DSC02877.jpg

DSC02878.jpg

DSC02879.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02880.jpg
    DSC02880.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Day 5 Monday......Departure Day.

I have no pictures for this day. (actually if you read my live report there were a few from my phone but none from my new camera that I've been experimenting with). We woke up and had breakfast at Sanaa...again. We went to the pool for one last morning. The weather was cloudy and not as nice as the previous days but we didn't mind too much. We got a few pools drinks then headed for the pool showers when it was time to go. :(

What a time we had. At first I had to convince J that this trip would be a good idea. He is so used to being at the parks all day and no relaxing time. I let him know this would be a different kind of Disney trip. I had so many things I wanted to do and still didn't even get half of them done and we only went to one park! From now on I'm going to make sure that we always have down time. A no parks day is just as good as a park day!!d

Now, when will we make it back as a family or just J and I, I don't know yet but hopefully it won't be to long. Maybe a cruise spring 2019 ;)

MegRuss626

Day 5 Monday......Departure Day.

I have no pictures for this day. (actually if you read my live report there were a few from my phone but none from my new camera that I've been experimenting with). We woke up and had breakfast at Sanaa...again. We went to the pool for one last morning. The weather was cloudy and not as nice as the previous days but we didn't mind too much. We got a few pools drinks then headed for the pool showers when it was time to go. :(

What a time we had. At first I had to convince J that this trip would be a good idea. He is so used to being at the parks all day and no relaxing time. I let him know this would be a different kind of Disney trip. I had so many things I wanted to do and still didn't even get half of them done and we only went to one park! From now on I'm going to make sure that we always have down time. A no parks day is just as good as a park day!!d

Now, when will we make it back as a family or just J and I, I don't know yet but hopefully it won't be to long. Maybe a cruise spring 2019 ;)

We’re planning a spring 2019 cruise too!!

fractal

Loved the report and your River of Lights shots.

I hope you stick with photography, the learning curve is indeed steep and looks like you're ahead of were I was at the "beginner" stage. Let me know if I can help some more.

Hope you get back to the World soon!

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
Let me know if J needs a battle buddy...I'm skilled in the ways of bootlegged rum.

Oh, he's going to need a buddy. I can't keep up. Just keep him upright!

Loved the report and your River of Lights shots.

I hope you stick with photography, the learning curve is indeed steep and looks like you're ahead of were I was at the "beginner" stage. Let me know if I can help some more.

Hope you get back to the World soon!
I'll stick with it. It's so exciting when you get such a great picture. Too bad it takes so many bad ones to get a great one ;)
Great report

Hanging with the Big Dogs is not about a drinking contest - it is an attitude - and you got it girl!!!!

Till next time....

Max
Thanks Max, you always have just the right words to say.:D

imahistorygeek

If you're not fully committed right now, keep your eyes open for GTY rates. These are usually fares that are posted when a category is almost sold our or they're trying to fill up the ship. Sometimes you can get a really great deal (for Disney).

Zipadeelady

Original Poster
If you're not fully committed right now, keep your eyes open for GTY rates. These are usually fares that are posted when a category is almost sold our or they're trying to fill up the ship. Sometimes you can get a really great deal (for Disney).
What are GTY rates?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom