I honestly saw the scariest thing ever while in WDW...

Skippy

Maybe it was Luke from the planning video stumbling into your room by mistake after sniffing too much glue?

Its a possibility.........
Now wouldn't that be terrifying... :lookaroun

I still love this pic I snapped inside the haunted mansion with my infrared. It was the subject of a rather lenghty, and flame riddled, thread here on wdwmagic a while back.
I remember that, the thread wasn't too pleasant... cool picture though.

Dukeblue1016

Original Poster
Some great stories so far, everyone. I still love this pic I snapped inside the haunted mansion with my infrared. It was the subject of a rather lenghty, and flame riddled, thread here on wdwmagic a while back. Here is a link to that thread, and the pic is attached...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=47966

I remember that thread VERY well... it is a cool picture when you first look at it... but you can clearly tell its a kid looking around his doombuggie... in the enlarged picture, you can see the outline of his doombuggie... sorry, I don't want this to turn back into that thread because it turned into a war... I've been enjoying the stories thus far, but i did have to say that...

It really is a cool pic though, especially when you just take a first glance at it.

phillyfan77

When the figure was standing at the foot of the bed, do you know if that was the "dead center of the room"? :lol:

BTW... I do believe in spooks to quote another source. I've had reliable friends tell tales of hauntings, though I have yet to experience it myself.

mrtoad

I have never really had anything that I think was real happen to me but my father believes his house is haunted. He lives in Connecticut and his house is over 250 years old. Big old Victorian, it has a ton of small rooms and like 6 fireplaces which all but two are coal burning, very neat place. Anyway, when he and his wife bought the house they were moving from NJ so took a bunch of photos of the house to show everyone back home. At this point there is no furniture in the house yet, just a big old empty house. In the formal dining room there is a built in corner hutch with small panes of leaded glass. In one of the photos they took of the cabinet there is a greenish thing that looks like a face. It does not appear to be a reflection on the glass, but behind it. Only my father and his wife were in the room when it was taken and it does not look like either of them.

So as time goes by my father and his wife and my two half brothers are living in the house and occasionally things would be in different places than were they were left. Doors closed that where left open, stuff like that. My brothers were little kids, one was born while they were living in the house and they would tell my father about the man. They described him in old style clothes, like from revolutionary times. My father would ask question but not too many because my brothers were not scared and he did not want them to be.

Anyway after being in the house for a few years they had to have their roof re-done. One of the contractors came down and said, “Did you know there is tombstone on your house”? It looked as if one of the stones on the top of one of the chimneys had broken at some point and someone grabbed a tombstone from a graveyard and tossed it up there. My father did some research and his town was mostly a dairy farm at some point in the past and his house was the house on the farm. There was a family graveyard somewhere near by that they must have taken the stone from.

I don’t like being in that house by myself and will not go in the basement (only have once) as it has a ton of small room like areas with stone walls, dirt floor and just is creepy as all hell. I have slept in the bedroom that is in the attic and was freaked all night long.

That is my story to tell.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
so, you establish on numerous times that the room is pitch black, that you're half-asleep, but yet you can see this thing move about the room--swiftly. So, which is it? Was the room that dark? Was it moving swiftly? You can't have it both ways.

I think you should have had some Rolaids before you went to sleep to combat your bad case of heartburn and indigestion.

Try a better story next time.
wow, scott. who ______'d in your wheaties this morning. this is slightly harsh man.

Gucci65

Some great stories so far, everyone. I still love this pic I snapped inside the haunted mansion with my infrared. It was the subject of a rather lenghty, and flame riddled, thread here on wdwmagic a while back. Here is a link to that thread, and the pic is attached...

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=47966

Zac - this picture still give me goosebumps. When I rode HM earlier this month I mentioned your pic to my bro-in-law..........then I made him sit on that side of the Doom Buggy.:lol:

JaclynR

We had a few disturbances happen at night by our bedroom closet. The closet has sliding mirror doors. Me and dh and the kids all share the bedroom and at this time the kids really enjoyed camping out in the middle of the room.

Once in the middle of the night, I woke to the sound of the closet door being bumped into. I thought one of the kids rolled over and bumped into it. I fell back asleep.

The next morning my husband and I were talking and he told me something very creepy. He said he saw something crawling on all fours and it climbed up the closet doors, across the ceiling and looked right at him. It had closed eyes but was more person than animal. He compared it to something from Resident Evil, I'm not familiar with the game though. Then I told him that I heard the sound on the closet doors around the same time. He was on the futon in the room so we weren't right next to each when it happened.

Gucci65

thank you, thank you, thank you - the last post finally put me over the top. I will be sleeping with the tv on tonight.

steviej

I can't remember if it was the day of christmas eve, or the day of new years eve, but I heard someone whisper my mom's name in an angry tone. Then I saw a shadow moving downstairs, so i went to check it out... nobody there. The only problem? my mom was and i were the only ones in the house! So when I told my mom, she said that she dreamed of her deceased father the night before.

Dukeblue1016

Original Poster
We had a few disturbances happen at night by our bedroom closet. The closet has sliding mirror doors. Me and dh and the kids all share the bedroom and at this time the kids really enjoyed camping out in the middle of the room.

Once in the middle of the night, I woke to the sound of the closet door being bumped into. I thought one of the kids rolled over and bumped into it. I fell back asleep.

The next morning my husband and I were talking and he told me something very creepy. He said he saw something crawling on all fours and it climbed up the closet doors, across the ceiling and looked right at him. It had closed eyes but was more person than animal. He compared it to something from Resident Evil, I'm not familiar with the game though. Then I told him that I heard the sound on the closet doors around the same time. He was on the futon in the room so we weren't right next to each when it happened.

thank you, thank you, thank you - the last post finally put me over the top. I will be sleeping with the tv on tonight.

Ever seen The Ring 2??? If anyone has... the scene where she crawls up the well..... UH HUH.... picturing that just makes me want to cry... which is immediately what I thought of reading this post...

Like I said before, I don't believe in ghost stories... BUT... horror movies do usually mess with my mind... and The Ring and Ring 2 both absolutely scared me to death... those two and the Exorcist... only movies I ever lost sleep over... and oh boy did I lose a lot of sleep over them. (Not so much Ring 2...didn't really scare me except for that one scene where she crawls up the well.... ughhhhhhh....)

JaclynR

This was all before the Ring movies, I think we started experiencing things in 2001. I'm getting a photo of the doors ready to post.

ilovepluto23

Sounds like a "shadow person" rather than a ghost. Do a google search on "shadow person" or "shadow people", you'll get lots of strange freaky stuff.

Are shadow people the ones where you see another dimension for a split second in the one that you're in?

I believe it could be a number of things.
I don't believe in ghosts though, since I believe in heaven and hell. When you die, you're dead, and you go to one or the other.
I do have a few opinions on "shadow people" though...one is very controversial but I've had MANY (scary might I include) dreams...I was not awake, I did not literally see this, there were merely dreams...about shadow-like figures who are more or less very evil.

For those controversial religious topics though, I'd rather discuss those in private messaging than on here publically b/c I know someone will eventually blow up anything I'd say I believe b/c it seems many people on here have the inability to respect one's personal beliefs, opinions, or ideas.

Otherwise, I'm glad I'm staying at OKW in January. I hope nobody pulls a story from that resort between now and then!:lol:

dopey

As I recall, Mr. Chicken didn't believe in ghosts in either.

Enjoyed the stories, though.

I like the idea that it's a visitor from the future. Probably a cheapskate Disney fan who didn't want to pay the future rack rate to stay on property.

kucarachi

Monsters Inc?

You sure it wasnt Sully? He hasnt had a lot of work scaring kids since 2002. Did you notice any blue hairballs in the room when you awoke? just joking but in all honesty i think you can hire a ghost buster from universal studios for a small fee and some curly fries

ilovepluto23

I have had a half-awake encounter of some sort a few years ago. I'm not sure if I really saw this or not to this day.

I woke up in the middle of the night a few years back, half-awake with my eyes squinted and my face turned facing the left flat on my pillow. I saw a decaying, dead human figure...similar to a zombie I guess...laying down next to my bed. Not laying down like a normal person, but in a creepy, slowly-lowering way (as if it was on a hospital bed being lowered slowly) onto the floor. I sat straight up in bed and looked down onto the floor and saw nothing.

I have never had any other encounter before or after this, but as I have said...I'm not even sure if this was real or just my subconscious messing with me. It was probably the latter. Nevertheless...very freaky.

mrtoad

That sounds more like a half awake half asleep thing. I have them all the time but they all revolve around spiders and are either slowly lowering down over my face or crawling accross the ceiling. I always sceam jump out of bed and scare the crap out of my wife. We are to the point where she has no sympathy feeling bad for my terrors, instead just is all cranky the next day as she can't get back to sleep as I freaked her out too bad...

I have had a half-awake encounter of some sort a few years ago. I'm not sure if I really saw this or not to this day.

I woke up in the middle of the night a few years back, half-awake with my eyes squinted and my face turned facing the left flat on my pillow. I saw a decaying, dead human figure...similar to a zombie I guess...laying down next to my bed. Not laying down like a normal person, but in a creepy, slowly-lowering way (as if it was on a hospital bed being lowered slowly) onto the floor. I sat straight up in bed and looked down onto the floor and saw nothing.

I have never had any other encounter before or after this, but as I have said...I'm not even sure if this was real or just my subconscious messing with me. It was probably the latter. Nevertheless...very freaky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom