I honestly saw the scariest thing ever while in WDW...

My husband and his sister both went through what you describe. It's like they have to fight their way out of sleep, even though their brains are awake. They said it's very scarey. My husband hasn't had it happen in a very long time (he's 54 now), but I can remember seeing him with his eyes open, but not able to fully awaken without a real effort. Strange.
Thanks for letting me know its NOT JUST ME that goes through this. It just happened the other night :lookaroun and when I got up the next morning I thought of this thread. :lookaroun

Uponastar

Thanks for letting me know its NOT JUST ME that goes through this. It just happened the other night :lookaroun and when I got up the next morning I thought of this thread. :lookaroun

((HUGS))
I know how scarey this can be!
It hasn't happened to my husband in quite a while, so maybe it's something that does go away. I hope that is the case for you.

CoffeeJedi

((HUGS))
I know how scarey this can be!
It hasn't happened to my husband in quite a while, so maybe it's something that does go away. I hope that is the case for you.
I brought it up earlier in the thread only because it used to happen to me, in my late teens into my early twenties. Luckily, it hasn't happened to me in a year or 2, hopefully it won't come back. I remember that trying to force my arm to move could bring me out of it, focusing on one body part was easier than trying to "wake up".

Most cultures attribute sleep paralysis to an evil female spirit sitting on your chest, generally called the "night hag", who is said to "ride" you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom