I have to tell someone!!!

ELopez

Original Poster
We are leaving this Saturday for WDW, and our kids don't know it yet!!!!! They think they are just going on a trip to visit family! They are (all girls) ages 8, 7, 6, and 1 (ok, so I told the baby, but who is she gonna tell?!).

We are thinking about telling them when we stop for breakfast on the way. Any ideas/suggestions for breaking the news?! They have been before, and I suspect their reaction will be "Funniest Home Videos" worthy (screaming, tears, etc).

I hope I can make it until then - I can hardly stand it!!!

DisneyGigi

Oh My gosh..... video it for sure! I don't know how you have been able to keep it secret.
Have a great trip... we leave on Friday :sohappy:

santa's surpriz

You are so funny! I started out with the same plan, but I could not keep it from my four year old. It makes good leverage! I plan on going to hotel to go swimming (our trip is Dec. and we live in Ohio.) We sometimes book a room at a local Courtyard just to use the pool and a night out. When we wake up Santa will leave a sursprise message about where we will be going. If you drive takes you overnight you could do something similar. HAve a great trip!

Pocamahontas

Oh mannn that's such a great plan!! You are soooo goood for not blowing it! I would've in a second...or otherwise they'd know because I'd be grinning alll the time!

I think you should fill them up with breakfast so they're nice and full...and don't tell them ye. Thenn pull out any little tricks to let them fall asleep in the car, and thennnn wake them up justt as you're getting to the WDW Welcome sign. It'd be amazing! And please please get it on camera and post it!

Best secret ever! I'm soo excited for you!:D

((I would've told the baby too:rolleyes: ))

How fun!

My best friend's mom did a scavenger hunt when she surprised her kids with a trip to Walt Disney World- they had to go to tons of peoples houses, where they would get clues on where to head next. My house was the grand finale- we had a huge balloon bouquet which my best friend and her sister had to pop up. In one of the balloons were the plane tickets. It was very magical :)

stephdanielle

I think you should fill them up with breakfast so they're nice and full...and don't tell them ye. Thenn pull out any little tricks to let them fall asleep in the car, and thennnn wake them up justt as you're getting to the WDW Welcome sign. It'd be amazing! And please please get it on camera and post it!

I agree, that would be pretty neat to have them wake up or something just as you are getting to the welcome sign!
Amazing surprise of course, and good for you for actually being able to keep it a surprise, I don't know if I would be able to!

rcapolete

i would do it very nonchalant . Like right before you get ready to leave say something like, "hey come on we are going to be late getting to Disney or something like that." it would probably take a sec. for it to sink in and then the question/tears/smiles would come out.

Pocamahontas

How fun!

My best friend's mom did a scavenger hunt when she surprised her kids with a trip to Walt Disney World- they had to go to tons of peoples houses, where they would get clues on where to head next. My house was the grand finale- we had a huge balloon bouquet which my best friend and her sister had to pop up. In one of the balloons were the plane tickets. It was very magical :)

Ohhh mann talk about a magical moment!

savello

Thats nice, my parents use to do that for us back in the day... that is some of the best childhood memories... :sohappy:

WDW77

I would hold out as long as you can. You’ve waited this long. Milk it. I would perhaps play some Disney music in the car, or a Disney movie if you have a DVD player. It will get them thinking about Disney. At some point, talk about how much fun it would be to take a trip there, adding that perhaps you all could go there next year. That would really get them thinking about it. Perhaps you could even talk about what they would won’t to do there. Leave it at that. They will find out when they get there.

wdwmomof3

I would hold out as long as you can. You’ve waited this long. Milk it. I would perhaps play some Disney music in the car, or a Disney movie if you have a DVD player. It will get them thinking about Disney. At some point, talk about how much fun it would be to take a trip there, adding that perhaps you all could go there next year. That would really get them thinking about it. Perhaps you could even talk about what they would won’t to do there. Leave it at that. They will find out when they get there.

You are good. This sounds like the best to me. I could never pull this off. I am such a big mouth that if I am even thinking of planning a trip they know about it. Maybe one of these days I can do something cool like this too.:lol: Have a GREAT trip!!

Kerby626

I'd just keep driving, past where the family lives and when they ask, just say "Yeah, we thought we'd go to Disney instead."

doop

Man, your kids are lucky, I think I would've flipped out if my parents had ever done that for us.

Maybe you could give them all Benadryl and then wake them up when you get to Disney? On secondhand maybe that isn't such a good idea...

kag1984

Oh that's great. My parents did that to my brother and I when we were little. We were going to visit family in LA and we drove past the Matterhorn and we begged and begged to go to Disneyland and they just kept telling us "we don't have time on this vacation"... and then they pulled into the parking lot. It was fantastic. Still remember it to this day.

DISMOM

Wow, you are one cool Mom!! Don't ever let the older two know that the baby was in on the secret. Kids have a habit of bringing stuff like that up years and years from now. Have a great trip. I think that I would wait until you are way way down the road before I told them....like checking into the resort. Waiting is hard for adults to do....kids can only do so much. Write a trip report when you get back for the rest of us sad souls.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom