I have to tell someone!!!

woodsjen99

We leave on Friday morning. Our plane leaves at 7am and we have not told our 4yr old daughter yet. We are trying to decide how to tell her. We have been telling her to save her money all summer. So we are thinking of "sending" a post card from Mickey saying something about her saving enough money and that he is waiting for her. We too are really exicted to get her reaction on video tape. Oh yea, we are going to wake her up with us in our new disney shirts. Have fun

natolij02

I would wrap up the words were going to disney into boxes wrapped in wrapping paper. one word per box. i would start with were giving it to the oldest on down to the word disney to the baby. you know the baby will take forever to open that box and the older girls will be teaming with anticipation waiting to find out where they are going. that anticipation will just explode once the baby gets that box open. the nice thing about this option is you can do it anytime during the day from early that morning before you leave, to at breakfast, to right outside the parks.

IMPoppins

Santa brought our kids a surprise trip to WDW last year. It was so great to see their reactions. It was a great Christmas morning. WE left on NYE. Have a wonderful time:wave:

dandaman

I would wrap up the words were going to disney into boxes wrapped in wrapping paper. one word per box. i would start with were giving it to the oldest on down to the word disney to the baby. you know the baby will take forever to open that box and the older girls will be teaming with anticipation waiting to find out where they are going.

Now that's just brilliant. :lol:

Craig & Lisa

We did a surprise for our sons a few years ago, and I took video of it. The look on their faces is worth every minute of not telling them. We woke them up at about 4 in the morning and told them we had to meet their uncle at the airport because he was coming through with his daughters from germany. Well, that was partly true, he had done it about 3 weeks before they just didn't know, so I had put the bags in the back of the truck the night before and covered them with the rear cover. We get to the parking garage and tell them to go help mom and they see the back. We had to tell them three times before they got ihe idea. :lol: Great way to start a vacation. Good Luck.

pinkrose

We are surprising the kids in a few weeks. They think they are going to visit family in OK. :lol: We aren't going to say anything until we arrive at the gates and they see for themselves. It's so hard not to say anything!

PaisleyMF

If u have a DVD on your car why not Play almost at the end of your driving Cinderella, and at the moment the Castle shows up, make a comment like "Wouldn't be nice if we drove instead to WDW and see the castle and Cinderella in person?"

DisneyMarg

We never surprised our kids because we all enjoyed looking forward to the trip together, however, in retrospect, it does sound like fun. I think this would be neat if you could pull it off.... Time the trip so that you arrive at the Disney resort very very late (as in the middle of the night). By then our kids were always just conked. Then, check in and carry them to the bed, which we ended up doing half the time anyway, and tuck them in trying hard not to disturb them. The next morning, get the resort wakeup call, which will be Goofy or Mickey or someone, to wake them up, and then watch them run to the window to find out where they are. That would be so cool if it worked - especially if you stay at Pop Century!!

wjaye918

We are leaving this Saturday for WDW, and our kids don't know it yet!!!!! They think they are just going on a trip to visit family! They are (all girls) ages 8, 7, 6, and 1 (ok, so I told the baby, but who is she gonna tell?!).

We are thinking about telling them when we stop for breakfast on the way. Any ideas/suggestions for breaking the news?! They have been before, and I suspect their reaction will be "Funniest Home Videos" worthy (screaming, tears, etc).

I hope I can make it until then - I can hardly stand it!!!

We did this in December of 2003. My husband was working out of state at the time and we planned a surprise trip. They thought we were going to Virginia to see Daddy. I told them we had a layover in Orlando. They even commented, "Mom, that stinks! We'll be in Orlando and we can't go to Disney World!" They were stunned when we "bumped" into Daddy in the Orlando airport! It was the best trip we have ever had. It was also the first week of December, so crowds were very light, weather was great, AND we got to do MVMCP. Good luck and have fun!!

Pooh88

Ahhh...A woman after my own heart. I taught for 12 years and loved to surprise kids (but mess with 'em first). I wouldn't tell them until they notice you driving under the arches! I would cry myself!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom