I have a WDW confession

k.hunter30

Original Poster
In the good amount of times I've been to WDW, I've never seen Fantasmic! The waiting in line, waiting in your seats and watching the whole show just seems like a waste of ride-, DTD- or Boardwalk-time to me... I thought about doing the Fantasmic dining package this time, but there's other restaurants I'd rather spend my DP meals on. I LOVE Wishes and Illuminations and I've heard that Fantasmic is awesome - but for some reason I just don't care to see it.

I'm not making a HUGE mistake, am I? **:lookaroun d__________g:lookaroun **

Laura

Premium Member
I've never gotten much of a thrill out of the show myself and always wished I was doing something else.

New2WDW

I saw it for the first time last October and overall I was not impressed. I guess after hearing so much about it and seeing video footage I expected too much. Anyway, after saying that I guess it is good to see it at least once, and as far as waiting my family (2 adults & 2 small girls) got there late and split up into 2's and got some seats up front. So we luckily skipped all that waiting and got great seats!

I also felt the same about Illuminations at Epcot, I guess we missed something or either stuff was not working.

radiohost

BEST.SHOW. EVER!!!!!

If theres anything that would get a guest in a disney mood it is this show!! I have been 4 times now, and the looks on kids faces is truly priceless.thye show has several scenes featuring several different charecters from different movies, as well as a grand finale that is second to none.

The effects are marvelous, and the " WHOA" factor scores a big TEN!!!

I tell lots of people that I would pay park admission just to see this show!! Radiohost:cool:

mitchk

My girl made dinner reservations for Fantasmic in May. I have never seen it before, but had head it was a great show. I hope I'm not disappointed. :(

cmatt

In the good amount of times I've been to WDW, I've never seen Fantasmic! The waiting in line, waiting in your seats and watching the whole show just seems like a waste of ride-, DTD- or Boardwalk-time to me... I thought about doing the Fantasmic dining package this time, but there's other restaurants I'd rather spend my DP meals on. I LOVE Wishes and Illuminations and I've heard that Fantasmic is awesome - but for some reason I just don't care to see it.

I'm not making a HUGE mistake, am I? **:lookaroun d__________g:lookaroun **

i believe so at least ;) i think you sholuld check it out on a quiet day mid week when there isnt so many people there and sit sort of in the middle but at the back (last 6 rows) :zipit: I hate shows in that style (theatrics) normally, but fantasmic was the exception to the rule :)

Imho it was alot better then illuminations/wishes. I'm not too sure on the dining packages, when i was researching it, i think it had mixed reviews on here.

The 1 - 2 hour crowds where a bit much - we went and rode on some rides then came back :drevil: and still got an ok view (i would not advise this at busy times however). It was raining, but i live in scotland so tepid rain really doesnt bother me (infact its on of the many pleasures of going on holiday to hot countries!), i just made the most of a dead park:drevil:

If you can get away with that its well worth it :D not enough fireworkds mind you.... :lookaroun

Wilt Dasney

No need to sit around waiting. Get there 10-20 minutes ahead of time. They'll tell you at the entrance if there are seats left. Getting there an hour early is for diehards.

cmatt

No need to sit around waiting. Get there 10-20 minutes ahead of time. They'll tell you at the entrance if there are seats left. Getting there an hour early is for diehards.

tell me about it :ROFLOL: only ride i didnt get on in an hour was tgmr, the animation tour. Still, star tours, tot, rnrc aint too bad (and thats going at a slow pace with shopping! :D )

dave1105

We saw Fantasmic twice while we were there last year and loved it. The second time became necessary when the first video got partially recorded over by mistake!

This year we plan to take in the other shows so we have something to compare it against.

josh_e_washie

Compared to the other night time spectaculars at Disney, Fantasmic is really not that great. Especially the 10 minute 'water screen' sections with terribly edited images and sound. Come on Disney...just because you have the technology doesn't mean you have to rush it to production.
It feels very rushed and more 'spectacle' than anything else...the story isn't there...and when it is, it's disjointed.
So don't worry...you aren't missing anything. :-D

eroyee

:wave: We saw it once and that was it. would rather see Spectromagic or something else. I think everyone should see it once, though. Just because..........:lol:

EpcotGrl

I have terrible patience with stuff like this (wait in line, get a seat, wait for the show to start), so I usually do the dinner package. Though now that I've seen it a couple times, I don't even bother anymore unless I'm with folks who haven't seen it :) If you haven't done it, I'd recommend the dining package just for the "easy button" factor ;)

schro513

IMHO, Fantasmic is better than Illuminations but not quite on par with Wishes. Never gotten there more than 20 minutes early and always had a good seat (then again we always go at slow times of the year). I'd say at least see it once to decide for yourself if it is worth a repeat visit....

lilclerk

Fantasmic IS pretty cool, but nowhere near as amazing/emotional (for me) as Illuminations or Wishes. But my friend was completely and totally blown away by Fantasmic. It was the highlight of our trip for him.
I'd say, if you have the time, see it. You may love it.

littlered

It is our favorite show we see it usually twice during out trips. I love it because a lot of the characters are in it and I love seeing Mickey (he's my favorite and I think this is the best presentation of him, besides character meets.)

Cinderella1976

We really enjoyed Fantasmic. We saw it two years in a row, once with the dinner package and once without and plan on seeing it again this year. The dinner package is good, but I really don't think it is necessary. If you arrive about 20-30 min before you will be fine. My favorite show is Wishes, but my husband and kids enjoyed Fantasmic the best. If you never saw it, you should at least do it once I don't think you will regret it. Have fun :wave:

Lee

Adventurer
Eh...I really like Fantasmic...moreso at Disneyland, but the WDW version is great, too. Personally I prefer it to Illuminations by a long shot. Illuminations is ok....but it lacks some of Fantasmic's magic to me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom