I have a WDW confession

disneygoof1

I think you should definitely see it. I think it's the greatest show on property!!! Fireworks, a few surprises, classic disney characters including Steamboat Mickey, classic music, water screens, everything is awesome! GO SEE IT!!!:sohappy:

toystoryma

I say go to it if you havent seen it before, but I would NOT wait an hour ahead for it. We used the dining plan with it the last trip there and they made it out to be like there were a lot of diners so we should still get there early to get a good seat. We ate, went early to get our seat and waited about 45min for the show to start. The bleachers are uncomfortable and the wait for it to start seems to drag on forever. Its a good show, but I much prefer spectromagic, or illuminations over it. My biggest reason though is I have small kids that need strollers, and they are not permitted. So it means my dh and I have to hold at least 2 of the kids the whole show, cause they usually fall asleep waiting for it to start and holding them kills our backs sitting on those bleachers. Then there is the loooong walk back to the stroller parking and dodging the rest of the strollers..

hammysammy59

Oh man, by FAR my favorite show. It's the closest thing there is to a Kingdom Hearts attraction, but more importantly, it's like a trip through everything magic about Disney--so in a sense, it's like a live-action Philharmagic, which is kick-______ also.

Definitely see this at least once, so you can judge for yourself. I'd recommend getting there early though... my fam' and I got there like 20 minutes beforehand and still had to stand all the way in the back... I can only imagine getting to actually sit down would be much more fun.

my confession is that i prefer fantasmic over illuminations:eek:. i'm sure i will be flogged now.

i have a little tip that my hubby and i find as an interesting, if not advantageous. if you pay attention to the park schedules, you could hit fantasmic and illuminations in the same day. this was something that we thought we would like to do, but after a long day decided not to. however, we did discover something that we found to be a time saver. after fantasmic was over, we hot footed it over to epcot via the mgm-to-boardwalk-to-epcot walkway. we made it about 15minutes or so before illuminations was to begin. we figured that due to the large crowds exiting fantasmic, including our walk time to epcot, we got a bus and were back at our resort faster than it would have took us to get a bus had we tried from mgm. i would also like to include that i was 6months preggers during this walk, so if i could do it, so could a lot of people.

i know that that was a little off topic-sorry:shrug:.

d'Isigny

you have to experience it...

In the good amount of times I've been to WDW, I've never seen Fantasmic! The waiting in line, waiting in your seats and watching the whole show just seems like a waste of ride-, DTD- or Boardwalk-time to me... I thought about doing the Fantasmic dining package this time, but there's other restaurants I'd rather spend my DP meals on. I LOVE Wishes and Illuminations and I've heard that Fantasmic is awesome - but for some reason I just don't care to see it.

I'm not making a HUGE mistake, am I? **:lookaroun d__________g:lookaroun **

fizzle75

It's a pretty good show, however I prefer Wishes & Illuminations over Fantasmic. I'd say you should see it at least once.

Fantasmic is a totally different type of presentation than Wishes and Illuminations. As much as I love Wishes and Illuminations I love Fantasmic much,much more. It is possibly my favorite attraction in all of WDW. I must confess that I get a little frustrated when I hear people talk about how they just don't "get" Fantasmic and find it "boring". I realize it is just my personal preference and I can't expect everyone to love it like I do but I just can't fathom someone going to see Fantasmic and not being thoroughly entertained. Oh well,to each his(or her)own.

CAPTAIN HOOK

FANTASMIC is a one of a kind, not to be missed Disney experience.

I would suggest that its popularity can be judged by the lines of people arriving early to gey a prime viewing spot.

Experience it at least once then judge for yourself

I-4Warrior

Wow... there's some huge down the middle divison in this post. I can see how it's not everyones thing and I concur (big lines, long wait, crowded venue), but once the show starts, it's really very impressive. I've only seen it a handful of times, and during the 45, 60 minutes of waiting, I realize all the better things I could've been doing in the meantime (Tower of Terror is so close), but once the show starts and ends, I realize the right decision has been made. I would have to rate Fantasmic as a must see (at least once). And even if you end up not liking it, at least you will have formulated the decision on your own.

Astro_Digital

I agree Fantasmic is must see at least once.

I like it but I am not crazy about missing an hour or more in the park, the huge crowd is a big turn off.

I rather be doing other things.

So when I go I to WDW I do not watch Fantasmic everytime.
Last trip last week I passed on watching Fantasmic. While the crowds were packed into Fantasmic I left the park and I did beat the mad rush for the Disney Transportation.

Frosty689

Like everyone else has said, it's a one time Disney thing. Of course that is just my opinion, but I favor Illuminations over all of those shows at Disney World. It's an incredible show to see how you can manipulate water to show movies. It's a very unique show, that i gurantee you will love, even if you only see it once.

Magicmyway

I'm with you there!!!! My girlfriend and I were in the middle of our college program last year, and when the finale began, with the music and all, man, it just made me look back and realize how truly special this place (wdw) really is!! Radiohost:cool:

The show is amazing. I sing the princess ballad all the time because my boyfriend makes me listen to the soundtrack and I cant wait to go see it again soon! (MAY) But where is Cinderella in the whole show? Just a question... thanks for taking me Radiohost!

JarettK

I too have missed Fantasmic out of my handful of trips. For the April trip we just planned, I made sure to do a dinner/Fantasmic package... hopefully Ill catch it this time.

raremerebear

I thought Fantasmic was awesome!! My DS who's 4 now oohs every time we see fountains with lights or changing colors and asks where Mickey & the dragon are :lol: I think it's definitely worth seeing!!

Glasgow

Hey, to each his own. We love Fantasmic but we only see it every 3 years or so when we go, so that's a nice break in between viewings. Illuminations is our favorite though

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom