I have a WDW confession

goofy0101

I agree that everyone ought to see this show at least once. I've seen it twice and would be fine to miss it next time I'm there. We did the dinner package once and that seemed to be a good option. The seating section for that was just fine.

Teenchy

Its intersting to read the different reactions...what stirs that Disney emotion in one of us vs. another. I guess that goes to tell you that you have to see it for yourself!.

I'm one who thinks I need to experience and soak up all the details and experiences throughout WDW and then come to my own conclusions...... I liked the show but to me it doesnt stir up those magical feelings that I get each and every time I see Wishes!

jedimaster1227

I still haven't seen this show or LMAX. I am not really a show person, but I plan on checking out both sometime soon (along with Nemo's show over at AK)...

morgan22

Having watched Wishes, Illuminations (which i have to say i have enjoyed tremendously in recent years) and Fantasmic I say none should be missed - however it really depends what your preference is .... where Wishes is purely a fireworks display (albeit a glorious example of one), Illuminations goes a little further (with the globe and barges) Fantasmic is much more of a show and although the DLC version far outdoes MGM's (IMO - the Peter Pan section is superb) it really shouldn't be missed.

And I agree - don't waste time in line, we usually grab something to eat nearby and judge the number of people going through then get another spin on RnRC or TOT (trying not to bring our meal back!!) before goin in 10-20mins before - we have always managed to get seats.

DisneyDancer312

Im in the same boat. Out of all the times ive been to WDW we never wanted to wait. i think the next trip we are going to try it. there is a lot of different opinions though....my friend says it cant be missed... :shrug:

Horizons1

Even though I go all the time, I have only seen Fantasmic once and that was just this past summer. Its neat to see it once but I haven't had much of an urge to go back and see it. Of course part of that could be because I live so close, there's really no "If I don't see it now, I won't see it again for a while".

monorailguy01

When I go with 3 of my other friends, we always see this show, and the wait does bite but I came up with a great way to make the time fly by. Get there really early, once you have found your seat, take turns going on rides closest would be RnRC and ToT, By the time all 4 of us rode these 2 rides the show just about starts. Just alittle advice on how to kill time..

And I would suggest seeing this show.

disney1077

I think you should at least see the show once. I have seen it twice and enjoyed it. But like other have said Illuminations is much better. This year my mom and I decided not to see it.

barnum42

If a person is of the mind that they don't like waiting for something (I'll count myself in that group) then I assume they visit the parks off-peak. In which case you can stroll into the Fantasmic five minutes before it starts and still see it. Your choice of seat will be limited, or you may end up standing but you get to see it.

It is worth seeing at least once so you can make your own mind up about it. The plus side of being at the back is that you will get out quickly if you wish to leave the park to get to another late night venue.

k.hunter30

Original Poster
Thanks guys. Well, I think I'll just go with the flow. We'll be in WDW in early May, so crowds won't be too bad. If we're walking past Fantasmic right around when it starts we'll probably get a seat if they're available. If not, I won't be upset...

radiohost

I personnaly go because the MUSIC is sooo great!!! I believe it is a wonderful soundtrack!!

And who doesnt get chills down there spine when the princess ballad comes on....now that puts me in the Disney Spirit!!

Radiohost:cool:

JOINT BEST "SHOW" AT WDW!!!

It's amazing, can't believe it's getting so much flack! I'm a 24 year old body builder and it makes me CRY everytime I see it. The effects are amazing especially Mickey at the end this and wishes turn me into a big baby.

My turning point is when Mickey says "Some Imagination huh!" It's almost setting me off now :cry:

radiohost

JOINT BEST "SHOW" AT WDW!!!

It's amazing, can't believe it's getting so much flack! I'm a 24 year old body builder and it makes me CRY everytime I see it. The effects are amazing especially Mickey at the end this and wishes turn me into a big baby.

My turning point is when Mickey says "Some Imagination huh!" It's almost setting me off now :cry:

I'm with you there!!!! My girlfriend and I were in the middle of our college program last year, and when the finale began, with the music and all, man, it just made me look back and realize how truly special this place (wdw) really is!! Radiohost:cool:

SrcrersApprntce

I think you should at least give it a whirl--cool effects and my son likes it!:)

Truth be told, I have attended some nights where everything obviously did not go as planned; c'est la vie! All in all a nice way to close a Disney MGM Studios day.

diddy_mouse

it's the only place you can see standard mickey. in just his shorts and no tux. Brave little tailer mickey. and Steam boat willie

You know, that is a very good point and I never thought about that before! The are aspects of Fantasmic I *really* enjoy and some I just don't, but all in all, it is a good show and something that should be done at least once! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom