I have a few gripes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ella's Mommy

Good answer, as I clap my hands. :animwink:
By the way I, with my getting older memory seemed to remembered that you were expecting? Or just Had a baby? How's it going???

I am still expecting:) Not due until Dec 1st. But we will be at WDW in 3 days so I will be the happiest person alive. Other than that just a lot of sleepless nights and back pain. You know the usual:lol: Thanks for asking:wave:

CRad1028

I understand some of your frustration with your trip. However, we want to believe Disney is the perfect place. It is close to perfect. I can't judge on your opinions or feelings. I'm 27 year old male who looks perfectly normal, maybe a person you may of gotten angry on a bus sometime time. However, I have TBI(Traumatic Brain Injury), blind in my left eye, and limited hearing in my left ear. All these problems all effect my balance, especially after a long day walking and standing. I have a handicap pass which I use at most places at WDW; EPCOT, MGM, Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, and the Carribean Beach. CBR has one of the furthest stops at the parks, which doesn't bother me. I could stay anywhere and tried many Disney Resorts but never judge them because of the location of the bus stops. I chose the CBR because I like how it is spread out and the private pools. When going to the Magic Kingdom, I use bus transportation. When waiting for the bus after Wishes, SpectroMagic or a special event, a long wait and pack should be understood. What makes Disney any different from any other place in the world; other parks at closing, tolls on the road, construction making the highway one lane. Disney has been doing this transportation for years and trying to find the best way for everyone. If I know I can't stand on the bus, I would wait for the next one to come so I can have a seat. Then after waiting for the next bus, I catch a seat. Finally the bus is packed and the last family comes on the bus carrying a stroller and the mother is carrying a sleeping 2 year old on the bus. She standing holding the kid looking at me, not knowing my situation, giving me dirty looks thinking she has the right over me to sit. How does that make me feel?

EchoOfOphelia

I agree with some of your gripes and not on others.

First, I find it very funny that people complain about how far away their bus stop is from the entrance and that they have to walk... what have you been doing ALL day in the parks???? WALKING. They can't have all the stops right in front, its just not possible.

If dinner at Ohana ed you off, talk to the manager no matter how busy they are. Its important to you and I'm sure your daughter was hungry enough to make it worth it :)

I agree that if I had gotten back to my room and housekeeping had already been there, it would never occur to me that someone else might come in after that. I'll have to start putting my DND sign on my door all the time :animwink:

As for giving up your seat on the bus, I ALWAYS give up my seat. The sexes do not matter, but if you're elderly or carrying a child, its just the nice thing to do (entitlement or NOT!). After recently having a baby, I know how heavy and awkward it can get after awhile!

I too have had some bad experiences at Disney, but do not let them ruin your time. Especially as I'm sure your daughter's first trip was just amazing to experience with her! :wave:

mousefan1972

I understand some of your frustration with your trip. However, we want to believe Disney is the perfect place. It is close to perfect. I can't judge on your opinions or feelings. I'm 27 year old male who looks perfectly normal, maybe a person you may of gotten angry on a bus sometime time. However, I have TBI(Traumatic Brain Injury), blind in my left eye, and limited hearing in my left ear. All these problems all effect my balance, especially after a long day walking and standing. I have a handicap pass which I use at most places at WDW; EPCOT, MGM, Animal Kingdom, Downtown Disney, and the Carribean Beach. CBR has one of the furthest stops at the parks, which doesn't bother me. I could stay anywhere and tried many Disney Resorts but never judge them because of the location of the bus stops. I chose the CBR because I like how it is spread out and the private pools. When going to the Magic Kingdom, I use bus transportation. When waiting for the bus after Wishes, SpectroMagic or a special event, a long wait and pack should be understood. What makes Disney any different from any other place in the world; other parks at closing, tolls on the road, construction making the highway one lane. Disney has been doing this transportation for years and trying to find the best way for everyone. If I know I can't stand on the bus, I would wait for the next one to come so I can have a seat. Then after waiting for the next bus, I catch a seat. Finally the bus is packed and the last family comes on the bus carrying a stroller and the mother is carrying a sleeping 2 year old on the bus. She standing holding the kid looking at me, not knowing my situation, giving me dirty looks thinking she has the right over me to sit. How does that make me feel?

It likely makes you feel like a jerk. Which, of course, you're not. And it's a shame that we've resorted to folks having to justify why the couldn't have given up a seat on a bus to someone who feels they needed it more. Our first trip to WDW with kids was when DD was 3 and DS 13 months. We didn't keep them out late (till park closing) for many reasons, one of which was if they had fallen asleep and we had to take them out of the stroller, fold it up, carry them and said stroller on to a packed bus and perhaps find no seats available, well, that would not have been a fun situtation. So, DH and I went back to the resort early so we wouldn't have to deal with the full bus/sleeping kid problem. Did it stink for us? Sure, but then I didn't have to come on here to complain about it after. :rolleyes:

csm7030

Disney buses are not public transportation! If you don't want to stand after the bus is filled to capacity and is standing room only, simply wait for the next bus with seats! I have manners and am polite, but I don't feel that I should have to give up my seat to someone who wants to push their way onto an already full bus just so they don't have to wait in line a few minutes for the next bus.

TinkerbellK

Finally the bus is packed and the last family comes on the bus carrying a stroller and the mother is carrying a sleeping 2 year old on the bus. She standing holding the kid looking at me, not knowing my situation, giving me dirty looks thinking she has the right over me to sit. How does that make me feel?

I experience the same thing. i am a young healthy-looking 22 year old, so of course i should be able to stand on the bus. however, i have an invisible illness/disability that means i cannot stand on a moving vehicle... i always feel terrible, but it is just dangerous for me to stand!

dizzney

I do agree that it is nice when very young children sit on parents lap, even now, I try to put one of my twins at 8 on my lap so someone can sit next to me and I don't know how often either my 16 year old or my husband stand, but niceness can't be requested or forced and soemtimes people do have reason why they have to sit. Personally even if without children I could not stand due to a bad knee I would wait for crowded buses to pass to avoid that.

As for where the stop is located though, that comes with the perks at Disney.

Laura

Premium Member
If I know I can't stand on the bus, I would wait for the next one to come so I can have a seat. Then after waiting for the next bus, I catch a seat. Finally the bus is packed and the last family comes on the bus carrying a stroller and the mother is carrying a sleeping 2 year old on the bus. She standing holding the kid looking at me, not knowing my situation, giving me dirty looks thinking she has the right over me to sit. How does that make me feel?

That's exactly why you shouldn't judge people on looks alone. If someone has to stand up, it's their own fault for not being patient enough to wait for the next bus, and they should not be taking it out on the people who were lucky to get a seat, or physically needed the seat.

And really, I don't think standing should be allowed on the buses anyway and it irritates me that it is allowed. It's so dangerous.

Shere_Khan

And really, I don't think standing should be allowed on the buses anyway and it irritates me that it is allowed. It's so dangerous.

I totally agree!
Like a bus is exempt from getting into an accident. Can you imagine if there was an accident and everyone is standing up with no restraints.

shoppingnut

Standing is probably safer in WDW than on any public transportation in the any major cities. Just think if they didn't have people standing you would probably have to wait about 3 hours to get on a bus at park close. Not to mention that now if there are no people standing and the bus has an accident, that stoller that someone is holding in the back of the bus is going to come flying in your direction.

PoohsGang

After reading more (I thought for sure the thread would have stopped) I can sum it up in one sentence. Who does this women think she is? :shrug:

Purple413

my personal gripe is when you and your children are in line to meet n greet a character, and someone ahead of you just takes way too much time, they take the opportunity to just monopolize the characters time. Don't get me wrong we try to take as many photos of our daughter and us with the character, but try to be mindful that their are others in line also. It's the OBVIOUS ones that are irritating! Anyone had an experience like this?:brick: :brick: :brick: :hammer:

AAAHHH!! I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!

How about an autograph line and a NON-autograph line? SERIOUSLY! Leave the autograph books at home.

Purple413

After reading more (I thought for sure the thread would have stopped) I can sum it up in one sentence. Who does this women think she is? :shrug:

I couldn't believe when I came home today that this thread was still going!

I can't believe I clicked on it and continued to read it!!!! :brick:

Shere_Khan

I couldn't believe when I came home today that this thread was still going!

I can't believe I clicked on it and continued to read it!!!! :brick:

And it's still going when it's obvious that the OP is long gone by now, she hasn't commented in the last 8 pages or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom