I have a few gripes!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

natolij02

Original Poster
And it's still going when it's obvious that the OP is long gone by now, she hasn't commented in the last 8 pages or so.

I have continued to read everyones posts but have chosen to stop responding to each of the posts as my original OP was never an attack on anyone on this forum and many of you have chosen to personally attack me. Although most of you have dissagreed with my "gripes" and that is fine as you are entitled to your own opinion but, I do believe that the continued responses against my character are inappropriate and uncalled for. I am sorry if I offended anyone. For all of you who think I am some snobby person who is entitled to more than someone else you have me pegged wrong. I am a very simple person who would give the shirt off her back to anyone and anyone who knows me knows I have a big heart. Just for the record, I too suffer from medical problems but you never saw me use that as an issue for needing a seat on the bus. My issue was for the safety of my child not about me. So for thinking I walk around with an attitude or that I portray myself in a poor manor....shame on you. I not once mad eye contact with the man on the bus, nor did I give him a dirtly look, nor did I carry myself in a manner that made me look as thought I was better than the next person. I am the person you will see talking to everyone on the bus, I am the person who let other people cut me in line if the situation is warranted. I am the person that would stand up even with my child to give my seat to an elderly person or someone else who needs the seat over me. I WAS SIMPLY STATING SOME OBSERVATIONS that I had made on our trip. Also, I can say I would want a perfect trip. There is only one first time when you bring your child. I know it's not realistic to expect a perfect trip but one can hope for one and there NOTHING wrong with that. As for the one post about my husband holding her....well apparently you didnt realize that we had a stoller that was bulky, and bags and it was easier for me to hold her than the other things...and also in the hopes when we did stand that if a seat was offered he would rather I sit than him with the baby. For the record about waiting for the next bus....most of time we got on thinking there were still seats available maybe in the back but, once on realized the bus was fuller than we thought.
So take my orginal post for what it was....just observations. Don't judge me based off of that as it is not fair. Even in this post you do not see me judging any of you and frankly some of you said some pretty nasty things so again if any of you were offeneded....I am sorry

happymom52003

I find it strange that so many posters on here are bashing the op for making assumptions about the man on the bus who did not give up his seat, yet some of these same posters are making very rude assumptions about the character of the op who they know nothing about. Isn't this a bit hypocritical?:shrug: To the op....if I were you, I would stop reading the responses. It has gotten to a point where the same thing is being said over and over again anyway. I really hope this does not scare you away from wdwmagic. There really are alot of nice and helpful people here, I promise! You just have to have tough skin sometimes. I've gotten beaten up on here too!

BruceWayne

I agree we shouldn't bash others for their opinions but it seemed to me the op had some unwarranted problems and issues with Disney and the other posters in the thread were simply pointing that out.

For instance, I appreciate that you recognize you should have locked your door or put out the do not disturb sign on your hotel door, but if you realized that, why would you come to this board and go out of your way to complain about it? That attack on the hotel staff is just as unwarranted as other poster's attacks on you and your husband.

Also, you don't seem to understand the point of a value resort vs. a moderate-luxury resort. The value resorts, as someone else stated, are located at the far end of the bus platforms as a service to those paying more to stay in the nicer hotels. But you will also find, the wait times are just as long for the deluxe resort guests as they are for anyone else. As someone who stays at the Boardwalk or Yacht Club every trip, I can tell you the wait for the MK or AK buses can be brutal and so can the bus rides. But thats the nature of the beast.

One final note, I understand you wanted to vent about your resort experience, I'm glad you did, it has inspired heated debate, which is good. But I just wish you and a lot of the other folks who come on here to bash disney or say these negative things put some thought into them first. Realistically you have to understand the World does not revolve around you. Mistakes will be made and sometimes you will be made to feel uncomfortable (standing on a bus with a child), but this is not the end of the world. Disney is offering you an avenue of free transportation to the parks (which it does not have to), unparalleled guest services in the parks and resorts, and an experience you will find no where else on earth. Enjoy it, take it in, and realize that you have been blessed, not cursed.

No, the one who was cursed was the poor soul who came through the door while you and the hubbie were lying around naked.

zing!

Vernonpush

I find it strange that so many posters on here are bashing the op for making assumptions about the man on the bus who did not give up his seat, yet some of these same posters are making very rude assumptions about the character of the op who they know nothing about. Isn't this a bit hypocritical?:shrug: To the op....if I were you, I would stop reading the responses. It has gotten to a point where the same thing is being said over and over again anyway. I really hope this does not scare you away from wdwmagic. There really are alot of nice and helpful people here, I promise! You just have to have tough skin sometimes. I've gotten beaten up on here too!
She cast the first stone.:shrug:
And I'm sorry if I sound like I'm bashing her, but all of her "gripes" could have been handled in a better way (by her)
1. Put the DND sign on the door and put the safety latch across the bolt.
2. Pay for a better Resort.
3. Wait for the next bus (or the bus after that, there are benches at all bus stops for you to sit on).
4. And, if your child is asleep when the food comes, put some food on your plate for her so that when she wakes up the child will have some there, ready and waiting.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
What a lot of tosh far too many people up their own flew, this is a board about a theme park, if people are willing to post their opinions then they should also be willing to see it challenged.

Theres very little true bashing on this board but quite a few over sensitive types.

Craig & Lisa

I am still expecting:) Not due until Dec 1st. But we will be at WDW in 3 days so I will be the happiest person alive. Other than that just a lot of sleepless nights and back pain. You know the usual:lol: Thanks for asking:wave:
Just the same, be careful. It would be something to tell others that your child was born in WDW. But then the next question would be, what ride? :animwink:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I think everyone has had their say on this one now, so we'll leave it at that and close this thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom