I Hate _______!!!!

Gucci65

Lil'mermaid said:
Wait about 18 years, then the huge bills come in. I've gotten very expensive lately... :lookaroun

Ummmm, yea - I know all about that.

My soon to be 15 yr old thinks all clothes should come from Hollister, Abercrombie, American Eagle or Aeropostle.

Lil'mermaid

Gucci65 said:
Ummmm, yea - I know all about that.

My soon to be 15 yr old thinks all clothes should come from Hollister, Abercrombie, American Eagle or Aeropostle.

I got letters about my student loans and college bills the other day. not to mention the dorm shopping spree in Linens and Things. Plus I was just looking at the prices of textbooks... :dazzle:

Nemo14

Lil'mermaid said:
I got letters about my student loans and college bills the other day. not to mention the dorm shopping spree in Linens and Things. Plus I was just looking at the prices of textbooks... :dazzle:
Katie,
There are a few good websites for college books - I'll see if I can find them for you. DD uses them every semester and saves some serious $$.

AliciaLuvzDizne

Lil'mermaid said:
try not to buy your books from the campus bookstore.
if you can, go into the bookstore and check out all of the books you'll need, write down the ISBN number on the back (it's near the barcode usually) and try to find them online. school is still a few weeks out right?
try half.com
you might not find everything you need but if you can get a discount on 1 or 2 books it will make the total bill at the bookstore seem much better.
(and then you can buy another pair of shoes!! :sohappy: )

:lookaroun *runs away from Mad* LOL

tigsmom

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
try not to buy your books from the campus bookstore.
if you can, go into the bookstore and check out all of the books you'll need, write down the ISBN number on the back (it's near the barcode usually) and try to find them online. school is still a few weeks out right?
try half.com
you might not find everything you need but if you can get a discount on 1 or 2 books it will make the total bill at the bookstore seem much better.
(and then you can buy another pair of shoes!! :sohappy: )

:lookaroun *runs away from Mad* LOL

She does not need any more shoes!!!

We are heading to the bookstore today to see what she needs. School starts the beginning of September so she has some time.

CaptainMichael

Books are much easier to get from the campus bookstores (and surrounding ones) because of convenience, they'll have the exact book you need, and they are much easier/quicker to return. At the end of the semester, LSU buys them back. Admittedly, they screw you by only giving you a fraction of what you paid, but they do give you something. The sad thing is that most of the books never get used. Teachers RARELY use the textbooks. I may wait this year to get my books as I need them...

Go to class and take tons of notes, that is really the textbook...

AliciaLuvzDizne

STR8FAN2005 said:
Books are much easier to get from the campus bookstores (and surrounding ones) because of convenience, they'll have the exact book you need, and they are much easier/quicker to return. At the end of the semester, LSU buys them back. Admittedly, they screw you by only giving you a fraction of what you paid, but they do give you something. The sad thing is that most of the books never get used. Teachers RARELY use the textbooks. I may wait this year to get my books as I need them...

Go to class and take tons of notes, that is really the textbook...
they also screw you in the first place by jacking up the prices :(

CaptainMichael

AliciaLuvzDizne said:
they also screw you in the first place by jacking up the prices :(
*sigh* the price of convenience.

I hate that whole textbook thing is a scam....just a way for the campus bookstore and publishers to make money..

AliciaLuvzDizne

STR8FAN2005 said:
*sigh* the price of convenience.

I hate that whole textbook thing is a scam....just a way for the campus bookstore and publishers to make money..
and at my school they actually get mad at you if you walk around writing down the ISBN numbers
eh what can they do though. nothing.

Gucci65

Lil'mermaid said:

Your poor Mom!!!! I'm gonna have to get a 2nd job before my daughter starts college.

Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!

popsicletrees

I always get all of the textbooks I can online. Then at the end of the semester I return them at the bookstore. I usually get more money back from the bookstore than I paid for them online. It makes me feel better about the $200 I dish out for my French textbooks, which I hate having to pay that much.

DDuckFan130

My advice on buying textbooks: I also always write down the ISBN numbers and then buy them on half.com. If I need them within the first few days, I then go to the bookstore across the street where they even sell the new books cheap. In a worst-case scenario, then I will use the campus bookstore :rolleyes:

But I try to avoid them as much as possible. And sell your books on half.com too. You'll get much more money back that way. The bookstores will give you barely anything, unless by some chance they are using the book the next semester AND it's the same edition :rolleyes:

My 2 cents :lookaroun

tigsmom

Gucci65 said:
Your poor Mom!!!! I'm gonna have to get a 2nd job before my daughter starts college.

Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhhhhh!!!

Daddy just got one.

We bought the books she needed...all used except one...some look like they have never even been opened. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom