I Got It !! I Got It!! My Planning Dvd!!!

dxwwf3

Hopefully I'll get mine tomorrow. I hope that the Disneyland section of the DVD doesn't get shortchanged on this new format.

sbkline

Hopefully I'll get mine tomorrow. I hope that the Disneyland section of the DVD doesn't get shortchanged on this new format.

I hope that it does. I ordered the DVD so I can see WDW. If I wanted to see DisneyLand, I would have ordered a DisneyLand DVD. A section on DisneyLand on the WDW DVD is just a waste of time that could be better spent focusing on WDW. Just my opinion, of course.

dxwwf3

If I wanted to see DisneyLand, I would have ordered a DisneyLand DVD.

Well I'm pretty sure this DVD is a "Disney Parks" planning video that is supposed to cover at least both US resorts. There is only one DVD available as far as I know.

Stitch_Kingdom

Does anyone know if it is available in the UK yet. It couldnt be ordered when the new DVD was first reported, how bout now?

The old one really got me in the zone ready to go, we were originally going in March 07 but are now going christimas 07 instead, cant wait!

pacochran

We finally got to watch it last night, and thought it was ok. We liked the people and CM comments, but thought they should have included a little more on the parks, it seems a little sketchy. We ended up watching the section on kids, and at first my two kids were like we don't want to watch this, but they ended up loving it.

They do show the Yeti, but it's just a couple of quick glimpses and then one short full on.

Kandi

Does anyone know if it is available in the UK yet. It couldnt be ordered when the new DVD was first reported, how bout now?

The old one really got me in the zone ready to go, we were originally going in March 07 but are now going christimas 07 instead, cant wait!

i'm from the UK and i ordered mine on Sunday. It said it would be sent in 21 days. I can't wait till i get it because we are going in August 2007 and staying on site for the first time!!!:sohappy:

Yellowjmb1213

Ok Guys, I need your help. If you notice the post before mine from Bates1960, you'll see this member wants to know about CM comments and especially one from a Space Mountain CM. That's because he is the Space Member CM. He is my boyfriend is fishing for compliments here, lol. He has a super big ego because he was chosen to be in the video. So, shh dont tell him I told you to, but please post and say how professional, handsome, articulate, etc he is:hurl: . I'll show him the post and skip over mine. I know I'm new to these posts, but help me out PRETTY PLEASE! :lol:

Dwarful

I'd be happy to make compliments...but alas, the Postal powers that be have skipped over my house once again! :( I was looking forward to watching it after dinner tomorrow. I think the post office has it in for ex-postal workers! Still hope to get it before our big trip!

dxwwf3

I just got my planning video in the mail and I am extremely happy to give some good news. The format has been returned to the classic way of presenting the parks. That's right, no more annoying characters and "cool" graphics. This is something that actually makes you want to go to the parks and I think this is the single best planning video they have ever made. The Disneyland portion was excellent as well. They were not shortchanged and I got to see a lot of stuff to get me excited about my trip there in June.

Disney has knocked one out of the park with this one. Thank you, thank you, thank you for taking the old format back and then plussing it a great deal. It is safe to put away your old videos for now because this is the one you'll want to watch over and over.

Maybe they'll have a similar change over on Resort TV in the rooms :)

kcnole

I actually didn't enjoy it as much as last years. It just didn't seem to have that personal touch to me. Funny, my favorite part was the for kids part on the WDW version since it had the kids talking about the rides as they got off of them. That made me feel like I was in the park a lot more than a narrator telling me about the parks.

I'm not saying this was a bad one. It does its job and it does it well and I really enjoyed having the Disneyland portion on it too. In fact as I was watching it with my wife she just kept saying, "I want to go to Orlando." That means the dvd works. So I can't complain. For me I just didn't get that personal, in the park feeling I got from the last one. It was like someone was talking at me and not to me. But that's just me.

Speaking of past park dvd's. I've started my collection with last years and this years and plan to get one every year and keep them. I'd love to find some of the older ones for sell somewhere. Does anybody know anywhere that I can find these old planning dvd's for years past or does anybody have any old ones they don't mind parting with?

nibblesandbits

kcnicole said:
I actually didn't enjoy it as much as last years. It just didn't seem to have that personal touch to me. Funny, my favorite part was the for kids part on the WDW version since it had the kids talking about the rides as they got off of them. That made me feel like I was in the park a lot more than a narrator telling me about the parks.

I have to agree. I like feeling like I'm in the parks. And to me...this one did feel like it was talking at me...not to me. I didn't feel connected. I was just thinking...ooh...look at the pretty rides...but with the kids part...I was like...man, I wanna ride that! That's probably why I liked last years video more. Because you got to "ride" the rides with them. You got to feel and see what they were feeling and seeing.

PintoColvig

My trip is coming soon and I'm (arggg!!!!) still waiting! :brick: :mad:

Well, well, well. Guess what I found in my mailbox when I got home this evening?

I haven't watched it all yet but I like what I see. While it is a more straightforward delivery, the hosts aren't the "personalities" of the DVD; The parks themselves are the "personalities", which I like.

slacker

I've been checking constantly for mine and it still hasn't come!! How long ago did you guys order them? I really want to know how long it takes!

Raven66

We finally got ours yesterday afternoon. We were only able to watch a bit but liked what we saw. I got teary when Steven was talking about the little boy he met on EE. Very touching. I'm looking forward to watching the rest.

KrazyKemp

I got mine yesterday as well...

I must admit, this dvd is a lot more calming the the previous years...

I do agree with some others on here though, I felt like something was missing on this dvd.

I also found that I missed having all of the information presented at once, for example...

They describe the theme parks, but you have to select another feature on the dvd to watch the water parks section of the dvd...

The dvd looks great, but found it a little oh hum...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom