I got into a altercation @ F & G festival!!

Chase24

:lol: I love this post.... I got to re-read the whole thing later. They must not get too mad, they keep coming back for more.

RoninHood

phlydude said:
...then you would have spent time with the Orange County sherrifs.

No offense as I am from Philly myself, but there are a lot worse things to do to people other than kicking their ---. Like posting your poor experiences with this tool on a site like this where people can be aware of them and torture them every chance they get. That is worse IMHO.

If you want a piece of this guy, go to the flower show in March in town. He'll be there...

"YEAH like taking him on space ship earth and leaving him there peremently as an animotronic,who would really notice,espically as a cavemen,LMAO"

"kind of like a waxworks show for morbid tourists,,like myself"

RoninHood

Timekeeper said:
Bad business practices can spread negative word of mouth, as seems to be the case here. WDW should be able to easily identify this person with another picture:

437Vendor2.jpg

And just in case that's not enough, here is the vendor's nameplate:

437Vendorname.jpg

Oh, and we can't forget about those plant holders. :lookaroun They don't look all that original to me. I've seen this "stack" arrangement befor, as I'm sure many of you have. What's so original about hanging pots so that one is above the other? What do you guys think?

437PlantHolders.jpg

Want more, or will that do?

:sohappy:

Timekeeper

OMG LMAO,
Don't take any pictures,or this guy ,,,lol,will get mad and maybe sit on you and crush you.

he looks like the fat elmer fudd from looney tunes.

McArcDes

I will be there from Oct 28 to Nov 5th. I will have to stop by and pay them a visit too. I dont know what he get all up in arms about the plant stand isnt that great looking to begin with. God help him if every one from this site that goes to WDW during that time pays him a visit.

MSTINKHERBELL01

barnum42 said:
You have SO got to post that if you do :lol:

Def. I told my Girlfriend and she thought it was the funniest idea ever. So, if anyone is down to help me out....let me know. I was thinking I'd have my gf record me standing by the booth doing a mini-news report on the non-original crap they show and sell and I could interview some of you...It would be sooooo hilarious! One of the questions I have to ask them is "Have you always been the children of Satan or did this just happen when you thought you had invented these awful buckets of crap youre showing here today?":lol:

mom2of2

I live about 10 min away.....so if you want to interview me on my thoughts of his handywork I'll be glad to help.

*devious grin*

MSTINKHERBELL01

mom2of2 said:
I live about 10 min away.....so if you want to interview me on my thoughts of his handywork I'll be glad to help.

*devious grin*

Yay! I'll send you a private message when it gets a bit closer to the time we'll be there. Oct 7th is my arrival date but ill be doinf MNSSHP that day...how bout the 8th?:goodnevil

Yellow Shoes

I have enjoyed this thread immensely, and am even more bummed that I had to cancel my Sept 29-Oct 4 trip, when I could have experienced this first hand.

Perhaps because I am several DECADES older than most of you, I would advise that you can catch (or in this case, trap)more flies with honey than with vinegar.

I also am not confrontational, and would never deliberately set out to antagonize them. Plus, and more importantly, they will just think you are... (what's that word? The thing you make with a drill? Ah, yes--a hole) and won't take you seriously. If you bait them and they go off, they will feel justified, and you will have no real complaint.

My strategy would be to linger and look, act very interested, tell them their stuff would be a perfect gift for you plant lovin' mother, aunt, roommate, neighbor, etc. THEN after you've buttered them up, take the photo (because you want your Dad, brother-in-law, cousin, etc. to take a look).

Make sure you've kept the exchange non-confrontational. Give them the chance to go psycho. If that happens, head to Guest Relations, get something in writing, and follow up with a snail mail letter when you get home.

It's so much more satisfying to let someone hang himself.
Or should I say,
Let them be "hoist on their own petard?"

sharkgirl

Wow, generally people on these boards are so kind and nice. Leave these people alone. Why let their meanness ruin the happiest place on earth. Ignore them, boycott them, but please don't bait them. Moreover, if they are really as bad as this thread makes them out to be I don't believe Disney would allow them to come back year after year.

mom2of2

I have to agree, I'm decades old too so maybe not so much an interview per say.....but maybe ask I could ask if he would mind me taking a few pictures of his termite townhouses (oops PLANT holder thingys) so that my husband could make a few for the folks back home?

MSTINKHERBELL01

sharkgirl said:
Wow, generally people on these boards are so kind and nice. Leave these people alone. Why let their meanness ruin the happiest place on earth. Ignore them, boycott them, but please don't bait them. Moreover, if they are really as bad as this thread makes them out to be I don't believe Disney would allow them to come back year after year.

Welcome to the boards! People on these boards are generally nice and being a frequent poster...I can vouch for that. I think that we people are proving a point here...the idiots that caused this thread deserve to be treated the way they WILL be treated.Disney will always be my happiest place on earth whether or not some plant people are there....I think this topic is FUNNY and if I can get a few laughs in in person YIPPIE for me. It may not be what you're into and that's cool too...You're reading this topic which gives me hope that others will read it as well AND the word will get around to DISNEY and maybe these plant people wont be around to get public laughs and snap shots....Until then "I've got my camera in hand and it's locked and loaded".

brich

sharkgirl said:
Janice Nizin.... Is that you? :eek: You finally stopped lurking and created an account :sohappy: Glad to have ya !!

Tell Guy we'll see "you real soon. Why? Because we like you!" L-O-U-S-E

It's Nature on the Rocks that put a damper on the magic, not those who enjoy sticking up for fellow WDWMagic junkies.... :D

TheOneVader

Wow, the thread has lasted a year and a half, and got up to 30 pages. Definately the best thread ever. lol

Sorry guys, but I won't be there then... Otherwise, I'd bring my camera and start clickin' away. :goodnevil

tigger248

I had a feeling they'd be back this year, since I saw them last year during food and wine festival. Now I'm even sadder that I won't get to go this year! :cry: (As if I really needed a reason to be even sadder about not going...)

lunalovegoddess

I love the F&W Festival, and look forward to seeing Nature On The Rocks so that I can ask in a polite voice why their stuff is so special. I had a whole skit prepared, but accidently deleted it. OOPS!

Laura

Premium Member
MCFantasia said:
They're back!

Nature on the Rocks
September 30 - November 13, 2005
Epcot International Food & Wine Festival
Epcot Center - Walt Disney World

BTW... isn't "Epcot Center" long gone?

OMG no way! I didn't think I'd ever get to see these people in real life, but I'll see them October 1st!! I'm not mean enough to bother them up close, but I would get a kick out of taking a photo with my telephoto lens from far off LOL.

Vernonpush

Maybe everyone going past their booth can say something like:
"Oh look, these are those things that Grandpa made back in the 60's"
" didn't Better Homes & Gardens print patterns for these in their magazine, back in the 70's?"
" The antique ones our great-grandmother left to us are so better than these"
"I've seen these for sale in the Lillian Vernon catalogue, and for alot less money"

:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom