I got into a altercation @ F & G festival!!

barnum42

ECurto said:
Ok so I took a very different approach with these guys this month. I was going to post earlier but have been very busy. I stood in front of there booth, and had my brother, sister-in-law, and niece go up and act very interested. After a few minutes of having them think they had a sale, I walked up to my family (they pretended they didn’t know me) and told them "you don’t want this... its so generic, ive even seen plans for these very plant holders online at some Disney website". The lady got very irate, and said "how dare I interrupt her conversation". To which I said "really guys (to my brother), this stuff is pretty ty, and come the price is inflated like 100%, why don’t you come with me and I will give the website to get the patterns". My brother (still acting like he didn’t know me), said "yea your right these do look ty, forget it" and we all walked away. I figured the "taking there picture" thing was getting old. This approach was much more amusing for me, and got my frustration out for the week. lol
Kudos! That works for me :D

frankd1962

I just sat through and read all 26 pages of this thread and fell out of my chair laughing that my downstairs neighbor ran up to check on me. Then she read all 26 pages......

I hope they're there in 2007. Might have something good for them there then.:goodnevil :drevil:

lawyergirl77

ECurto said:
Ok so I took a very different approach with these guys this month. I was going to post earlier but have been very busy. I stood in front of there booth, and had my brother, sister-in-law, and niece go up and act very interested. After a few minutes of having them think they had a sale, I walked up to my family (they pretended they didn’t know me) and told them "you don’t want this... its so generic, ive even seen plans for these very plant holders online at some Disney website". The lady got very irate, and said "how dare I interrupt her conversation". To which I said "really guys (to my brother), this stuff is pretty ty, and come the price is inflated like 100%, why don’t you come with me and I will give the website to get the patterns". My brother (still acting like he didn’t know me), said "yea your right these do look ty, forget it" and we all walked away. I figured the "taking there picture" thing was getting old. This approach was much more amusing for me, and got my frustration out for the week. lol

Sooooo very evil! I LOVE IT!!!!!! mwah ha ha ha :goodnevil

I would have paid big money to see their faces afterwards...

xfkirsten

Dear lord, something tells me I really need to go back and read this whole thread when I get home from work tonight... :lol: :lol:

WDWScottieBoy

I'm getting VERY anxious to post the picture tomorrow or Tuesday. That lady ticked me off so much so I told her straight up that I wanted to take a picture of EVERYTHING she had! :lol:

Oh yeah, and when she asked if I wanted a picture of their name I said NO!

WDWScottieBoy

NatureontheRocks.jpg

There they are! Glorified and all. :lol: (If it doesn't work, the picture is in my trip report which the link can be found in my sig.)

Shanice

Account Suspended
I don't understand how they are saying those pots are copyrighted. They look like ones you could just buy at your local Lowe's or Home Depot for like a dollar! haha BTW it looks like they would eat you if you made them mad. :lol:

KevinPage

I remember reading this thread when it first started and was like "okay". Watched in amazement and confusion as to why it always kept getting posts over the past year, I never bothered to follow up with it.

So today I see it AGAIN and am thinking why the heck has this thing been ressurected? So I read the last page of posts and realize DUH, everyone is ripping on these people again, WOO HOO. Now I have to get in on the fun. :D

Weird how I missed a gem all along and stumbled upon this accidentally today. Ironically enough I'm going to Epcot this Saturday, so I feel it is my duty to be a complete "hump".

Has anyone taken any video of their display? I'd like to get them on tape yelling at me or trying or telling me "no photographs".

Any other ideas that haven't been covered for me to be a nuisance? :sohappy:

phlydude

Will they be there for Food and Wine? I will be there from 9/26 - 10/1 and would love to be a noodge on 9/30 or 10/1 before I leave...

tigger248

phlydude said:
Will they be there for Food and Wine? I will be there from 9/26 - 10/1 and would love to be a noodge on 9/30 or 10/1 before I leave...

I don't know about this year, but last year I saw them near the entrance to World Showcase on the Canada side.

maelstrom

I took a picture of these people while I was down. After having read about the person who asked what kind of wood the pots were made of, I wanted my dad to go ask them the same thing, and when they gave the same crap answer, have him say "You know, I own a lumber yard (he does!), and I am not familiar with "finest" wood..." but he wouldn't do it. My dad is so non-confrontational. Bah.

Dizknee_Phreek

This has to be one of the most hilarious threads ever! Every one of you who has annoyed these people in one way or another deserves a free cookie from the Main Street Bakery! Brilliant...just brilliant.
My parents and I stopped to look at their crap a few weeks ago, me not realizing they were the same people I had read about over a year ago...if only I had known! We thought they were kind of neat, but I thought it looked like something anyone could get out of any woodcraft pattern book. My parents, thankfully, didn't buy anything from them, and now I'm going to be sure to tell them all the trouble these people have cause and that they should never think about supporting their business. And I'll have to ask dad if he got them on videotape, cause my dad records EVERYthing, no joke. He'll often go into a store at WDW and record something he sees that he likes, just so he can say he "owns" it. :rolleyes:
So are they as bad this year as they were last year? They were definately trying to sell their overpriced stuff to us, as the woman conveniently started watering some of her pots so we could see that they "water the pot below them"...whatever. Wouldn't the top one get waterlogged and the bottom one get dried up? Anyway, they didn't seem especially rude, but they weren't "Why?-Because-we-like-you!" happy either...but unfortunately, I wasn't aware at the time that I should've payed attention to see if they were eyeing mine and my sister's cameras.

**Edit - I asked my dad earlier if he had recorded their stand, and he said he did. He said he made sure to catch the guy when he was busy with someone else, though, cause he seemed the type that would say something. :D

nelsonj3

Wow... I just read all 27 pages of this thread. LOL!!

I was at WDW from May 21-29. I wish I had found this board sooner. I don't think I noticed their booth as standing out from any others. I probably also had my digital camera in my pocket, so they probably didn't think I was "packing" if I did stop in their booth. :lol:

Anyway, great thread. Glad there was some payback for these rude people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom