I got into a altercation @ F & G festival!!

lamarvenoy

This thread is a classic, that guy lives on in infamy as both an obnoxious lying jerk AND a lousy inventor of cheap junky homemade looking planters.

Skovdaddy

I will come if I possibly can! Bwana Bob and mkt, post a time and place that would be good for you, and see how many wdw posters can come. I know I can meet anytime before 2pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!

jmvd20

Wow, an hour later and I read the whole thing. I kept seeing this one but never read it. This is great, I will try and make sure to never tick off any other WDW magic people!

I've got to get some pictures of this guy and his wife, and his products, and his no photo signs for myself. We will be there from may 14th through the 22nd. Does anyone know exactly where his stand is located? I have one of those really old VHS video recorders that weighs about 30 pounds and is the size of a suitcase. Still works though and I would lug it all the way down on the plane, and into Epcot just for this!

blackerbys17

Oooo, you just gave me a good idea! How about we get together and make it look like we want to interview him about his "fascinating" planters for our organization's newsletter! I'm sure we're can come up with some cheasy organization name like "National Planters of America Association" or something stupid like that. I volunteer to be the "interviewer" and then once we are wrapping it up, I could ask my "photographer" to take a picture of everything on his cart, lol!!! We could also say we represent an organization called "National Woodworkers of America" and say that we are doing an article for our newsletter on making cheap versions of expensive retail items, that would be funny too!

It would be a great opportunity to get this guy on video and to take like a hundred pics of everything he is selling! :lol:

jmvd20

Back to the top she goes :wave:

I was just wondering if anyone knows exactly where his stand is located this year? I will be there may 14-22 and need to get my pictures with his pot holders :D

justducky78

Well...we're on our way to WDW tomorrow! We can't wait and look forward to finding our friend at the F&G festival so that we can takes some nice pics of him!

I'll post them when we return on the 10th! :wave:

jmvd20

sillyspook13 said:
Last few times I was there they were in the courtyard in front of American Adventure.:drevil:

Thank you!

I did check my old VHS camcorder this AM and it works just fine. That thing is much larger than I remembered it being, must weigh 30 pounds and really is the size of a small suitcase. It may have been one of the first ones made. I am planning on carting that thing all the way there to get some video. I do have a small digital camcorder/camera but feel that the large VHS would be much more effective :D

poohbear6103

We're on our way to the World on June 3rd till June 11th and am excited that we'll catch the last leg of the F&G Festival. I have never been and the pictures I have seen so far look great! I will also keeping a look out for our friend :)

WishIwasThere

I love this thread...just like the energizer bunny. Keeps going and going. I guess Guest relations haven't gotten enough complaints. Now the guys comes to the food and wine festival? Jeez he spends three to four months of the year camped out at Epcot?

Hope the jerk hunt goes well.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
so... they're there. I saw them, took about 10 pics... right in their faces... and they did nothing.

I guess they were too busy trying to make a sale, or maybe they've gotten sense

wannabeBelle

mkt said:
so... they're there. I saw them, took about 10 pics... right in their faces... and they did nothing.

or perhaps they have finally learned not to mess with you, Rob??? Belle

Badger Brent

Original Poster
Two years too late..:brick: I still have a feeling that they will snap on someone this year. I personally hope they have seen the light and treat people in a proper way while in WDW or anywhere else. Time will tell and this thread still makes me smile when it gets bumped up after it's been in hibernation. To the people that don't seem to like this thread, then why do you keep on clicking on it?:confused: Someday I would like to see the people from Nature on The Rocks again. Just to say hi and of course, and take a picture....:drevil: I won't be able to get down to the world until maybe October, so everyone have a little fun for me. Again, thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. May it live on for a little longer yet....:wave: Badger Brent

blackerbys17

It's official, I'll be down there Mother's Day weekend! This will be my first opportunity to gets pics of this guy! So, who's with me? I'd love to meet some of you and I think this little "witch hunt" could be real fun! :wave:

Number_6

We're probably going to Epcot on the Friday before Mother's Day in order to avoid some of the crowds. I have a Comp Day coming my way from my job, so I'm thinking of taking it then. I might just have to make a stop over at their kiosk, just for the fun of it. Must start planning. :lookaroun

TomorrowlandTyler

mkt said:

Rob, are you going to post them on your site?, I just checked and their not up yet...By the way, I got a good laugh out of your avitar. :lol:

mom2of2

They Have Arrived!!!!

okay peeps here's the scoop! yesterday I was at Epcot and the wood people are indeed back. Currently they are stationed to the right of WS entrance and are the first booth you come to. I was walking by yesterday and stopped to check out the merchandise. The woman greeted me and described the wood, saying it was durable and all that. I told her my husband used that wood for his outside projects as well and that he is a carpenter. Well she didn't say another word and turned and walked away from me!!!! I just stood there for a moment kind of shocked (not REALLY shocked knowing them) but very surprised that she would just walk away. I called a friend who knows the situation with them and she said that I should go back and walk up to her and say something along the lines of " I said my husband was a carpenter, not a master craftsman and I was going to purchase one of your creations but due to your lack of customer service I'm not going to" If I was going back in that direction I most likely would have done so but I wasn't. These people are so freakin nasty!!!!!! I think the next time I am there and the husband is there I'm going to go up to him and tell him that he needs to hire someone else to man his booth since the woman who works there is extremely rude.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom