I found a real eye opening article about WDI

wannab@dis

Ghostbuster626 said:
This is all very true however Disney needs to know they need more capacity at AK. At least one more family friendly ride and one more thrill ride would do the job..and beastly kingdom, even if they reimagined it, would fit that bill perfectly. Once they add BK, Animal Kingdom will become a perfect full-day park and it will get people coming through the turn styles and staying longer and spending more money.
I think the Studios should have some of the spotlight before AK receives more work. Right now, I could easier spend a full day at AK than the Studios. *shrug*

Lee

Adventurer
Ghostbuster626 said:
The creative force behind DCA consisted of three people: Micheal Eisner, Paul Pressler, and Barry Braverman..imagineering had an extremly small say in both its design and execution. Paul Pressler then cut the budget in half and then later cut the budget in half again.

There's one more name I would add to the list of those to blame for DCA's situation besides those three above. Someone who had a hand on the pursestrings.
Here's some homework: Find out who it is.
Hint: Initials are T.G.

imagineering had an extremly small say in both its design and execution.
Oh they had say...trouble is it was Braverman doing all the saying.:rolleyes:

WDWFREAK53

wannab@dis said:
I think the Studios should have some of the spotlight before AK receives more work. Right now, I could easier spend a full day at AK than the Studios. *shrug*

I completely agree...if it wasn't for Fantasmic...I wouldn't spend more than a half of a day at the Studios.

The addition of LMAX was a great start...but I'm curious as to how much of a "repeat" attraction it will become in the following years. I try to see it at least once a trip but, because it's a show (and you need to schedule when to go to them), I tend to only see it once.

wannab@dis

WDWFREAK53 said:
I completely agree...if it wasn't for Fantasmic...I wouldn't spend more than a half of a day at the Studios.

The addition of LMAX was a great start...but I'm curious as to how much of a "repeat" attraction it will become in the following years. I try to see it at least once a trip but, because it's a show (and you need to schedule when to go to them), I tend to only see it once.
For me, LMAX has more repeat value than the Indy Stunt show (maybe only because it's new), but it's still not a "repeat on the same trip" attraction for me. ;) I can skip the Indy show for a year or more and not feel any loss.

speck76

Ghostbuster626 said:
This is all very true however Disney needs to know they need more capacity at AK. At least one more family friendly ride and one more thrill ride would do the job..and beastly kingdom, even if they reimagined it, would fit that bill perfectly. Once they add BK, Animal Kingdom will become a perfect full-day park and it will get people coming through the turn styles and staying longer and spending more money.

I really think the maze attraction for BK would go over as well as Pooh's Playful Spot.

I think a better, and much less expensive way to add capacity is to add 2 more animal treks.....maybe one in Asia with Panda's (as only 3 or 4 zoos in America have pandas, so it would be rather unique) and one in Africa with Chimps or something.

yensidtlaw1969

Lee said:
Here's some homework: Find out who it is.
Hint: Initials are T.G.
For some reason the name Todd Gallows came to mind right when i read this, but I don't even think that's a person, and if it is I have no Idea who he is.

Can you give us another hint? WDI? Management? Something Else?

Yensid "I like this Game :D !" tlaw1969

imagineer boy

Merlin said:
Hitchcock was the greatest filmmaker of all time. Don't even try to compare Shayamalan to Hitchcock.

I have. Hitchcock was more suspenseful, while Shylaman comes up with good scares that come out of no where ( like the alien in the home video in signs. I swear, I never got so scared from a single image in a movie ). Not to mention his surprise endings.

Shaman

Merlin said:
Hitchcock was the greatest filmmaker of all time. Don't even try to compare Shayamalan to Hitchcock.

I just asked a simple question there was no comparing. Although the Yeti is a bit psycho.

:)

PintoColvig

Merlin said:

Yes, but Shayamalan's style is a throwback to Hitchcock. I find he elicits a great response without resorting to the typical overdependance of Special Effects. In other words, he lets the story tell the story. (I think that makes sense :lookaroun .

Shayamalan, in my humble opinion, is one of the few creative filmmakers left. He is the answer to the Hollywood's mindless trend of relying on remakes.

Now, what does all of this have to do with the OP?

bhg469

icorsix said:
Yes, but Shayamalan's style is a throwback to Hitchcock. I find he elicits a great response without resorting to the typical overdependance of Special Effects. In other words, he lets the story tell the story. (I think that makes sense :lookaroun .

Shayamalan, in my humble opinion, is one of the few creative filmmakers left. He is the answer to the Hollywood's mindless trend of relying on remakes.

Now, what does all of this have to do with the OP?

I have to disagree, Shayamalan gets good ideas and kind of makes them relate to the times. If you are familir with a nickelodeon show "are you afraid of the dark" there was an episode that was the exact same story as "the sixth sense" "circles" was nothing more than war of the worlds i do however agree that was one of the scaries moments i ever saw in a movie when the alien walked by the window in that movie.

Ghostbuster626

Original Poster
speck76 said:
I really think the maze attraction for BK would go over as well as Pooh's Playful Spot.

I think a better, and much less expensive way to add capacity is to add 2 more animal treks.....maybe one in Asia with Panda's (as only 3 or 4 zoos in America have pandas, so it would be rather unique) and one in Africa with Chimps or something.

well I meant the dragon e-ticket and the boat ride. As for the maze..how popular is the alice in wonderland one at DLP? I think with an elaborate theme and some cool special effects it would be a satisying attraction and plus its great for capacity.

PintoColvig

bhg469 said:
circles" was nothing more than war of the worlds...

Actually, the movie's name was "Signs" and please do not compare it to War of the Worlds. War of the Worlds would have been nothing without its special effects. Signs contained very little SFX. In fact, Signs--though rightly catagorized as a SciFi movie--was more of a movie about faith--both lost faith and found faith. Shayamalan simply told the story using an "aliens-are-landing" theme.

Honestly, I wasn't as impressed with Signs the first time I watched it. It seemed to be a fine movie and all and, yes, I was startled by the alien on the video :eek: . But, it wasn't until I watched it a second time that I got the subtle but main point of the movie. I would encourage you to watch it again with attention on the theme of faith.

That's why I am so appreciative of the extreme level of subtle detail that WDI put into DAK. (Yes, I've finally found a way to return to the point of the thread!) There is an initial experience one has when visiting DAK the first few times. It is more of a "macro" experience in which one receives the broad themes of the park. Later on, after several repeat visits the subtleties of the park begin to be seen and a deeper appreciation develops. My favorite park is MK but a close second is DAK and it is all because of the rich and lush and often subtle details.

wannab@dis

icorsix said:
That's why I am so appreciative of the extreme level of subtle detail that WDI put into DAK. (Yes, I've finally found a way to return to the point of the thread!) There is an initial experience one has when visiting DAK the first few times. It is more of a "macro" experience in which one receives the broad themes of the park. Later on, after several repeat visits the subtleties of the park begin to be seen and a deeper appreciation develops. My favorite park is MK but a close second is DAK and it is all because of the rich and lush and often subtle details.

Good points.

Now, I'll throw out a idea and see who all flames me... :D

I believe that AK has better detailing and stays true to the theme better than MK. Sure, there are a few details at MK that need to be 'sought' out to appreciate, but AK is full of those items and sometimes are well off the beaten path. The one thing that I do appreciate at MK is the changes between lands. Very well done in most instances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom