I can't stand the abbreviations

inluvwithbeast

DDT (from its trivial name, dichlorodiphenyltrichloroethane) is one of the most well-known synthetic pesticides.

Or... It's a typo for DTD DownTown Disney?

Yes, Silent Spring.

Maybe I misread something. Oops. :hammer:

The reason I often use abbreviations is the majority of the time I'm typing my posts from my iPhone. Using a touchpad to type out long, drawn-out thoughts can get old quickly. Also sometimes I'm in a lecture and need to finish my post quickly so I don't miss anything too important. Lol.

Yes, Silent Spring.

Maybe I misread something. Oops. :hammer:

The reason I often use abbreviations is the majority of the time I'm typing my posts from my iPhone. Using a touchpad to type out long, drawn-out thoughts can get old quickly. Also sometimes I'm in a lecture and need to finish my post quickly so I don't miss anything too important. Lol.

Make sure you don't miss anything important........from the lecture, or the discussion thread?

bjlc57

sorry .. but if abbreviations were "highlighted" so that automatically, they showed what they stood for.. they would be fine.. but I have a real life.. and other interests, I don't have time and room trying to learn each and every abbreviation pertaining to Walt Disney World.

honestly I have other work terms and people knowledge, and far more detailed things then to try and remember what mnsshp means on each and every occation..

I would bet that this board could arrange for abbreviations to be highlighted. it would take some software adjustments.. but if they were pre-loaded, meaning that when ever some one used an abbreviation, it would highlight and those of us with less talent in this area, would quickly understand and be able to give an informed reply to the post.

instead of wondering what the heck does this mean? and where is this place?

it shouldn't be that hard to apply this application to this site.. and I encourage the management to do so..

thanks.. for listening.. I hope I responded in a way that doesn't affend or upset anyone. and in a manner that everyone knows exactly what I am speaking about and can answer in an informed manner.

bjlc57

think about this.. I live in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.. isn't my abbreviation LAX? because that's La CROSS...

yet use that term and I believe you land in a far different place, with a far different life style.

rsoxguy

I thought that LAX was an abbreviated form of laxative, hence the phrase, "things go smoother at LAX". Man, do I feel dumb.

Phonedave

I thought that LAX was an abbreviated form of laxative, hence the phrase, "things go smoother at LAX". Man, do I feel dumb.

Or Lacrosse. The sport, not the place (or places as the case may be)

So is LAXMAS a smooth winter holiday sport with a laxitive effect?

-dave

rsoxguy

Or Lacrosse. The sport, not the place (or places as the case may be)

So is LAXMAS a smooth winter holiday sport with a laxitive effect?

-dave

Hmm...good point Dave. I believe that LAXMAS is the quiet time of the evening on December 25th when unsanitary conditions in the kitchen of an older aunt take their toll on the human body. I'll have to check with the abbreviation police to be sure.

EPCOT.nut

sorry .. but if abbreviations were "highlighted" so that automatically, they showed what they stood for.. they would be fine.. but I have a real life.. and other interests, I don't have time and room trying to learn each and every abbreviation pertaining to Walt Disney World.

:cry::cry::cry: I knew I had no life. So is this an early warning sign? I know all the abbreviations...............:eek::eek:

Walt Disney1955

Can't stand them. But it doesn't stop on these boards. It is society. We are so bloody lazy. Blame it on text messaging. I swear this generation of kids will just as well assume that "U" and "ur" and "OMG" are words found in the dictionary.

As for this board, I think we all know what WDW means. That's fine but I always feel you have a more intelligent conversation when words are spelled out. For the life of me there are a couple posters on here who use words like "my DH and I" or "DS and I". Huh? Are we using morse code or something just spell the word out!

Saintsfan75

Original Poster
Can't stand them. But it doesn't stop on these boards. It is society. We are so bloody lazy. Blame it on text messaging. I swear this generation of kids will just as well assume that "U" and "ur" and "OMG" are words found in the dictionary.

As for this board, I think we all know what WDW means. That's fine but I always feel you have a more intelligent conversation when words are spelled out. For the life of me there are a couple posters on here who use words like "my DH and I" or "DS and I". Huh? Are we using morse code or something just spell the word out!

Excellent Post!

Saintsfan75

Original Poster
This post literally made me lol
:ROFLOL:
Because we are all Disney geeks. You know you went ahead and printed them out!! All of us that don't know them did too.

"Decoder ring"! Your killin me smalls!

I actually did print these out. LOL! And your reference here to "The Sandlot", right on target! I use that quote from the movie all of the time!

bjlc57

Prime example...

Okay.. every one is talking about the TDO.. well guess what.. its not on the abbrevations list at all..

HEY forum owner.. how about making it so , that the abbrevations are highlighted and we can read the true meaning of them , PLEASE?

Please.

PLEASE?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom