The Divorce Office
The Dominican Order
Teen Dance Ordinance
Test Data Output
Think Deeply Or (Else)
This Dysfunctional Organization

The Mom

Premium Member
what is the TDO ? since I didn't ask in my last post..

I think it's Team Disney or something. But I don't have to know exactly what it stands for in order to follow the conversation. I just need to know that they have something to do with WDW planning/designing/spending money.

And it's a relatively new abbreviation, at least outside of the company, so isn't on the list, which was originally posted almost 10 years ago.

Unfortunately, "management" consists of one person who does this as a hobby, with a few people who help to keep things under control - who also do so as a hobby. We all have real lives. ;)

trr1

Like that woman who named her child LA-A...which is pronounced Ladasha?
or
thumbnail.aspx

pronounced
(the artist formerly known as prince)

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I think it's Team Disney or something. But I don't have to know exactly what it stands for in order to follow the conversation. I just need to know that they have something to do with WDW planning/designing/spending money.

And it's a relatively new abbreviation, at least outside of the company, so isn't on the list, which was originally posted almost 10 years ago.

Unfortunately, "management" consists of one person who does this as a hobby, with a few people who help to keep things under control - who also do so as a hobby. We all have real lives. ;)

Bloody slackers.....:rolleyes: :)

WDWFigment

Can't stand them. But it doesn't stop on these boards. It is society. We are so bloody lazy. Blame it on text messaging. I swear this generation of kids will just as well assume that "U" and "ur" and "OMG" are words found in the dictionary.

As for this board, I think we all know what WDW means. That's fine but I always feel you have a more intelligent conversation when words are spelled out. For the life of me there are a couple posters on here who use words like "my DH and I" or "DS and I". Huh? Are we using morse code or something just spell the word out!

While I find text messaging "terms" annoying, many professions and topics have developed their own set of acronyms and abbreviations. I fully agree that our society has become lazy, but most of the time, the usage of these acronyms and abbreviations pre-date text messaging.

Some people are frustrated that they don't understand a specific set of acronyms developed for a topical conversation on a topical forum. Conversely, folks could just as easily be irritated that those who voluntarily choose to participate in a topical forum feel they shouldn't have to be bothered with learning simple acronyms that are often intuitively discernible based on context. I'm not suggesting I fall into the latter, but when I see "what does ____ stand for" posted over and over again, and a quick Google search of acrnoynm + "Disney" would likely provide an answer in a manner of seconds, I have to fight the urge to be a jacka** and type, www.letmegooglethatforyou.com.

If it's "bloody lazy" to type an acronym as opposed to spelling out words, isn't it equally lazy to refuse to learn what the acronyms mean, or to determine what they mean on one's own?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
While I find text messaging "terms" annoying, many professions and topics have developed their own set of acronyms and abbreviations. I fully agree that our society has become lazy, but most of the time, the usage of these acronyms and abbreviations pre-date text messaging.

Some people are frustrated that they don't understand a specific set of acronyms developed for a topical conversation on a topical forum. Conversely, folks could just as easily be irritated that those who voluntarily choose to participate in a topical forum feel they shouldn't have to be bothered with learning simple acronyms that are often intuitively discernible based on context. I'm not suggesting I fall into the latter, but when I see "what does ____ stand for" posted over and over again, and a quick Google search of acrnoynm + "Disney" would likely provide an answer in a manner of seconds, I have to fight the urge to be a jacka** and type, www.letmegooglethatforyou.com.

If it's "bloody lazy" to type an acronym as opposed to spelling out words, isn't it equally lazy to refuse to learn what the acronyms mean, or to determine what they mean on one's own?

Especially when a link has been posted twice (now three times) to the acronyms page:

http://www.wdwmagic.com/Acronyms.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom