I Cant Believe I Got Him to Fall for this Again...Our 5 Year Anniversary Trip!

I Cant Believe I Got Him to Fall for this Again...Our 5 Year Ann. Trip! UPDATE 4/12!

So I cant believe it happened. i had secretly been planning a trip or hoping to plan a trip for my DH and I. In September it will be 5 years that we have been married. We got engaged at Cinderella castle, had a Disney themed wedding, honeymooned there, then had our 1 year anniversary trip there, along with many others.

June 2009 TR....sorry it was never finished, maybe i will just add the photos!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=462235

November/December 2010 TR...this one is finished!
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=807021

So here is a picture of us....we are a bit heavier now but that comes with being in a happy marriage, getting older, and having a baby!

September 23, 2007
197014_1003223475465_1071196868_9981_45_n.jpg

After we got engaged July 2006
200435_1003196474790_1071196868_9460_9747_n.jpg

We now have a new addition to the family. Our daughter Ariella (yes that is a combo of Ariel and Cinderella) Lucia was born on March 25, 2011. This is her when she just turned 10 Months old on January 25th.....and yes that shirt she is wearing says "Shoes do Matter, just ask Cinderella!"

photo.jpg

So when I got a pin-code in the mail for the month of September i knew it was meant to be. My husband checked about work and he is good to go, so he actually gave me the approval to book it! I was shocked, he has even approved the upgrades i just made! see he likes it there but he isn't a big fan. he thinks disney is a rip off, so he only goes for me. i also told him a while ago that he messed up when he proposed there cuz we are only destined to go all the time!

so we decided to go without ariella because we are planning on taking her for her 3rd birthday and my 30th (ugh!) in march of 2014. i think she is just way too young to take now, i certainly dont want to have to deal with it as this age. plus it is our anniversary AND this is probably going to be our last trip alone for a while.

well we booked the trip on friday 1/27.we are staying at ASMu, not my first choice but POP was booked. with the pin code, we got the quick service dining free, but we dont want that one, so we upgraded to Deluxe. so blackthidot, looks like you're going to get another food trip report in here! i was only going to do the basic but we wanted to try a few different table services that we never did and our romantic dinner is always at narcoosee's so thats a 2, so we were gonna have to pay OOP for alot of meals anyways.

i booked through AAA which now offers you preferred fireworks seating which you have to book 180 days in advance. i am sooo excited about that. my total for the room, 6 tickets a piece, and the deluxe dining is $2200. now i just have to find airfare and we'll be good.

plan wise.....i already have a rough copy of where i want to eat but i just have to wait to see when the MNSSHP nights are because that is probably our favorite special event they have. the parade is AWESOME!

i have to get going for now, but i will be back on thursday to post our rough schedule! hope you all will join me in my planning and ill try to finish that other TR from 2009!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Sounds like a great trip!! Your daughter is super cute! :)

Via Napoli is awesome as well as Ohana. If you can, try the Lapu Lapu, the drink in the pineapple. It's $13 :eek: but it's soooo yummy!!! Ohana all around is a great time. We're eating there for our second time next month!

Also, we're arriving on 9/24 so maybe our paths will cross! I'll make sure to wave! :wave:

yeah i figured via napoli is good, we love tutto so im sure we'll like it. and i cant wait for ohana! i just hope some of the meats arent too sweet cuz my DH is weird about stuff like that. yeah def wave! ive read alot of your trip reports and love them!

PolynesianPrincess

yeah i figured via napoli is good, we love tutto so im sure we'll like it. and i cant wait for ohana! i just hope some of the meats arent too sweet cuz my DH is weird about stuff like that. yeah def wave! ive read alot of your trip reports and love them!

The meats at Ohana really werent that sweet from what I remember... We had chicken, steak and pork and they were all really good. The honey corriander chicken wings were pretty sweet, but good.

And thanks for reading my TRs! :)

foreverbelle

just posting a quick update. so i cant believe this sunday is not only my little girls 1 st birthday but it is also my 180 days out so i can book dining reservations and our referred seating for fireworks through AAA. i also cant believe tomorrow ill be 28! :brick: im getting way too old! and has anyone been looking into airfare?! its RIDICULOUS! and only supposed to be getting worse. i dont know what we're gonna do. i did read that the best rates are put out 4 months ahead of when you are going, so im gonna check back in may but its just crazy. we dont want to make that long 16 hour drive down but it the airfare keeps going up, it may be cheaper! anyone have any other tips for finding cheaper airfare? if so let me know! ok well happy spring everybody! ill post another update when i get all of my reservations.:sohappy:

Absolutely airfaire is ridiculous. I know we really need to figure out July but have yet to book anything-The hubs and I just got back from Europe which was quite expensive-but its just amazing.

And yeah for approaching 180 days..it will be here before you know it.

Happy 1st to Ariella...time flies doesn't it?

snookie5605

Original Poster
Absolutely airfaire is ridiculous. I know we really need to figure out July but have yet to book anything-The hubs and I just got back from Europe which was quite expensive-but its just amazing.

And yeah for approaching 180 days..it will be here before you know it.

Happy 1st to Ariella...time flies doesn't it?

ugh it sure does! i just cant believe it went by this fast!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Update! Dining reservations!

so i made my reservations yesterday! woohoo!:sohappy: i didnt do the preferred fireworks viewing with AAA, just wasnt in the mood to get on the phone!:ROFLOL: so here they are and i am soooo happy with them!

Friday 9/21

-depending on whatever time we get there, we will just have lunch at ASMu
-MNSSHP, with dinner at Cosmic Rays

Saturday 9/22

-Sci-Fi at 12:20pm
-Mama Melrose at 5:15pm

Sunday 9/23 Our Anniversary!

-Kona at 7:30
-Narcoossee's at 7:45

Tuesday 9/25

-Le Chefs at 12pm
-Le Cellier at 6:50pm

Wednesday 9/26

-Kona at 7:30am
-Via Napoli at 12:45pm

Thursday 9/27

-Crystal Palace at 8:20am
-Liberty Tree at 12:20pm
-Ohana at 6:25pm

Friday 9/28

-Boma at 8am
-T-REX at 5pm

so thats everything! im so excited and cant wait to go. i know we're gonna regret doing the deluxe dining again cuz its so much food but i think after our 2009 trip, we have learned to just not eat everything and you can make it through! so thats it for now! 179 days to go!!!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Update 3/30

just a quick update. i changed our Mama Melrose reservations for 9/22 from 5:15 to 6:15pm because i completely forgot i wanted to hit the animation building for the characters and i read that they all come out around 4:45pm. i know im gonna be cutting it really close too for Fantasmic at 8pm but i have read that sometimes it's pointless to wait in that long line when you can just walk in when they let people in and find great seats. so here's hopin that happens!

we have also really been considering taking the train down now, not the auto train just the train. it is a 19 hour ride on the regular train which would have us leaving Philly around 4:55pm and getting to Orlando around 1pm in the afternoon on 9/21. then we would have to take a cab to the hotel but for the both of us with our AAA discount, the train would only cost $453 roundtrip! i know you have to figure in the cab fare but still. we also weighed the driving down thing, which would only be a 16 hour drive but we didnt want to go straight through and exhaust ourselves and with the gas prices only increasing and then staying over once going down and once coming back, it would be the same as flying almost.

the only thing with the train is that it would kinda mess up my plans for the MNSSHP for the night we arrive. i had planned on going to the party that night but i was thinking we would have a little time to relax at the hotel before. if we arent getting in Orlando til 1 and then getting a cab ride over, we wont have much time cuz i like to take advantage of the fact that they let you in at 4pm for the parties! so if we take the train im considering getting tickets for the party on 9/28 which is the day before we leave but whatever.

so thats my update, not very exciting, i know, but just wanted to let you know what we are thinking!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Interested youtube videos

so i dont know if all of you are as obsessed with any kind of disney music as i am but i found this guy on youtube, mrthemeparkaudios. when i tell you he has EVERYTHING in music you can imagine, he has everything, from the magical express music loop to parades and fireworks. he is amazing. go check this guys youtube site out. hes amazing!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Updated reservations

so i changed some dining reservations around AGAIN! i know i know, but oh well. since we still have no idea if we are flying or taking the train, we arent quite sure which MNSSHP we are doing, 9/21 or 9/28. so just in case, i made a reservation for Wolfgang Puck Cafe for the first night we arrive, 9/21 at 7pm. this is in case we take the train and arrive later and just want to relax that first night. if we fly and go to the MNSSHP, then ill cancel that one and we are just eating at Cosmic Rays like planned. i also decided to make our Narcoossee's reservation for our anniversary, 9/23, for earlier so we dont miss any of the EMH at MK that night. so that is now for 5:40pm instead of 7:45pm. i also decided on our first day at EPCOT, 9/25, i made two reservations for lunch. i already have the one for Les Chefs de France at 12pm, but i want my DH to look at the menu and see if hes going to like it. So i also made one for Biergarten at 1:25pm, in case he would rather eat there. dont worry i will cancel out whichever one we dont use!

for updates on our schedule....i am also changing our park tickets to park hoppers so i can guarantee we dont miss MSEP, or whatever show will be playing at that time. with my dinner reservations we might be cutting it close some nights but i havent seen it in a while so i want to make sure we do. so the day we are going to AK, 9/24, i have us going back to the room and relaxing which is still the plan but that night heading back to MK to see the parade and stuff. i really dont want to put out the extra money but i think it comes to like $100 difference so whatever. SSSSHHHH, dont tell the DH though! so thats it. ill type up an updated dining schedule and everything else and post it! everyone have a magical day!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Last change i swear!

ok here is the updated schedule, dining and everything else. i just went and changed so much stuff, lol. but i promise im done, so here it is!

Itinerary for Disney Trip 9/21-9/29

*24 dining credits to use PP
*16 snacks PP
*6 day Park Hoppers PP

Friday, September 21st

Lunch: ASMu

*if going to MNSSHP, then head over to MK around 4pm, eat dinner at Cosmic Rays
*if not, then go to DD

Dinner: Cosmic Rays
Wolfgang Puck Café at 7pm

Saturday, September 22nd Hollywood Studios, EMH 8-9am, hours 9-8pm, Fantasmic 8pm

Breakfast: Starring Rolls

Lunch: Sci-Fi at 12:20pm

*around 4:45pm is the characters at the animation building

Dinner: counter service somewhere (Backlot Express, Fairfax Fare, Rosie’s, Pizza Planet, Studio Catering Company)

*Fantasmic at 8pm

Sunday, September 23rd Magic Kingdom, hours 9-9pm, EMH 9-12am, Wishes at 9pm

Breakfast: Kona Café at 7:30am

Lunch: Columbia Harbor House around 11:30

*leave sometime in the afternoon to go back to the room to relax

Dinner: Narcoossee’s at 7:25pm

*head back to MK for EMH 9-12am, Wishes at 9pm

Monday, September 24th, Animal Kingdom, EMH 8-9am, hours 9-6pm

Breakfast: ASMu

Lunch: Flame Tree BBQ

*either go to DD or back to room to relax
*head back to MK for parade at 8pm!

Dinner: Ohana at 9:30pm

Tuesday, September 25th, EPCOT, EMH 8-9am, hours 9-9pm, Illuminations at 9pm

Breakfast: ASMu

Lunch: Les Chefs de France at 12pm
Biergarten at 1:25pm

Dinner: Le Cellier at 6:50pm
*Illuminations at 9pm

Wednesday, September 26th, EPCOT, hours 9-9pm, EMH 9-12am, Illuminations at 9pm

Breakfast: Kona Café at 7:30am

Lunch: Via Napoli at 12:45pm

Dinner: eat around the world with snacks

*Illuminations at 9pm, EMH 9-12am

Thursday, September 27th, Magic Kingdom, EMH 8-9am, hours 9-9pm, MSEP at 8pm, Wishes at 9pm

Breakfast: Crystal Palace at 8:20am

Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern at 12:20pm

Dinner: Kona Café at 5:05pm

*go back to MK after dinner
Friday, September 28th, Relax and DD

Breakfast: Boma at 9:05am

*go back to the room, pool, relax

Lunch: ASMu

*go to DD

Dinner: Earl of Sandwich

snookie5605

Original Poster
We're staying in art of animation!

i cant believe it! i was reading someones PTR on another site and saw that she is going around the same time as us and yesterday she booked the littler mermaid rooms at the art of animation with free dining! my TA had tried to do this like a month ago but they werent part of the free dining yet. so i emailed her today and SHE GOT IT!!!!!! :sohappy: so with the park hoppers and the new resort, it is only costing us $200 more! ill take it thank you! i cant wait! i texted my DH and this is the convo:

DH: yippee
me: lol shut up i'm thrilled
DH: me too cant ya tell
me :i hate you

yeah so he isnt excited, which i knew he wouldnt be but oh well. its awesome and just wanted to share it with you all!

Disney_Belle

Oh, and just give your husband some extra time to become a Disney freak. My husband really couldn't stand the place when we started traveling there together ten years ago. But now he loves it "almost" as much as I do. I expect your hubby's Disney heart will melt the first time he sees your daughter there.

My DH is the same way! At first he used to roll his eyes whenever I mentioned our next trip to WDW. Now, he quotes attractions in his status updates and stops dead in his tracks when he picks up a familiar WDW smell. I'm so proud :)

bethymouse

I practically begged!

I had to almost beg my husband to take us back to WDW for our 15th anniversary!:(
We've been going each year since 2007. Each time has been a different most magical experience w/ our twin boys (next trip they'll be 8 yrs old!):eek:
His fave is TT. He is not happy that we're going when it is in rehab!:(
Well, we're finally staying @ the POLY. So I am hoping that will "melt his heart" when he is immersed into the "islands". We went to Kuai for our honeymoon.:animwink:
We'll see...:lookaroun

snookie5605

Original Poster
tattoos!!!

so i just wanted to post some pics of the tattoos my husband and i got this past weekend. he got one for our daughter....

mikestattoo.jpg

and i got one for my forever love of disney.

mytattoo1.jpg

mytattoo2.jpg

he has one already for me, but i plan on getting another one eventually for him that will be disney related. and i plan on getting one for our daughter, something like ariel and cinderellas crowns intertwined, like their tiaras that you see on the disney princess merchandise, since she is named after those two. so just wanted to post and let you all see! i love them!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Mnsshp tix!

well just updating! got my two tickets for the night we arrive, 9/21. so excited! and it looks like airfare is going way down so thats nice too! :sohappy:

dave&di

Looking forward to reading about your trip, we are there the first week of Sept, we also booked Mnsshp tickets!

I love your husbands tattoo, it doesn't scream WDW but those in the know can tell what it is!

btw, Ariella's gorgeous, great name!

6laurac

Wow! Just saw your tat's and that is true devotion to all things Disney. I love Disney to so I understand your excitement-and am jealous that I can't go this year too. We, too, are waiting until our daughter is 3 and hopefully will be good and potty trained.

You have a beautiful daughter-Congrats

snookie5605

Original Poster
Wow! Just saw your tat's and that is true devotion to all things Disney. I love Disney to so I understand your excitement-and am jealous that I can't go this year too. We, too, are waiting until our daughter is 3 and hopefully will be good and potty trained.

You have a beautiful daughter-Congrats

aww thank you!

snookie5605

Original Poster
Looking forward to reading about your trip, we are there the first week of Sept, we also booked Mnsshp tickets!

I love your husbands tattoo, it doesn't scream WDW but those in the know can tell what it is!

btw, Ariella's gorgeous, great name!

thank you! yeah he wanted something for her representing disney but not too obvious!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom