I Can Go The Distance - A Princess Half Marathon Trip Report

Well, we just got back from our trip on Wednesday and we had an absolutely great time. This trip was a little different since it included our first ever half marathon and our first stay at a moderate resort. We were really excited to run in Disney’s Princess Half Marathon and to get another reason to visit WDW.

When: February 25th – 29th, 2012

Who: Ashley (me) and my husband, Wes. We got married last October and honeymooned on the Disney Dream with a stay at the Beach Club during the Food and Wine Festival after our cruise.

Photo0075FourBySix.jpg

And now, on to the trip report!

Saturday February 25th – Travel, Travel, Travel and Some Firsts

Today our day started really early. Our flight was at 7:05am so that meant we were awake around 5am. We got up, finished packing last minute items and my Dad came to pick us up to take us to the airport at 5:30.

IMG_0084.jpg

I love it when your countdown for a trip looks like this!

We arrived at the airport, went through security and were sitting at the gate by 5:49. I say this every trip but it is so nice to live so close to the airport. We boarded the plane and took off for a very uneventful flight. We landed at 8:49 and made our way to Disney’s Magical Express.

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

The line for DME was non-existent. We boarded the bus at 9:15 and made our way to Port Orleans French Quarter.

IMG_2528.jpg

POFQ was the second stop after Saratoga Springs. We made our way to the online check in line where the people in front of us didn’t seem to understand what online check in was. I don’t know why the cast members behind the counter didn’t make the people move to the regular check in line but not too long after getting in line, it was our turn to check in.

We checked in and unfortunately our room was not ready. Not too much of a surprise since it was only 10:15am but you can always be hopeful. While I had been waiting in line to check in, Wes went over to the concierge to ask if we could buy my annual pass there. I thought that you had to buy them at the ticket counter in the parks but it turns out that if you are paying in full you can buy them at the concierge. Very exciting. So after checking in, we got in line to buy my first annual pass! :D I had done all kinds of math to determine whether or not I should buy the annual pass. I am potentially going on 3 trips to WDW this year so mathematically an annual pass was a necessity. :D I am going to be in Orlando in July for a work conference and decided to add a few days at Disney after the conference. There are also talks about going to Disney in December with my family. So even if I don’t go in December, it still made financial sense to buy the annual pass for this trip. Yay for math! :lol:

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Happy that you are writing about one more Disney day but really sad its almost over. :cry:

i'm sad too. so sad that the trip is over and now so is my trip report. bummer.

So sad it's over :cry: But seriously, such a great TR. I felt like I was right there with you and Wes.

The family taking flash pics on Pirates.... ugh! Apparently people just don't know how to listen because so many people insist on taking flash photos. Apparently rules are just for us and not them! :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing!! It helped pass the time til my next trip in 37 days!! :sohappy:

me too! thank you. i am glad you enjoyed it. have fun on your trip!! so jealous that you are leaving so soon.

congrats on completing the 1/2 marathon. Your report really inspired me to want to give it a try. My sister and i have talked about doing it for a while now, but we are not runners so i thought it might be too much. maybe we will start to train and see if we can.

also, i know its a bit late but congratulation on your wedding!!

thanks! you totally should do a runDisney event! i wasn't a runner before this half marathon either but that doesn't mean that you can't train and finish. it was so much fun. i highly recommend it! thanks for the congrats about the wedding! i can't believe that we have been married for 5 months now. crazy!

:wave:Great trip report!!! How cool that on one trip you got to both run a Disney race AND check out One More Disney Day!! I enjoyed every bit of your report and I'm glad for you that you get to go back soon!!

I hope you run another Disney race! They are so fun!!

thank you!! it was such an awesome trip getting to experience both of those events. i can't wait to go back but i am not looking forward to the heat and the crowds. going in july wasn't my idea but i couldn't pass up staying a couple extra days after a work conference in orlando, could i?! :lol: i will just have to follow a touringplan to avoid the crowds and add in some time by the pool to deal with the heat.

i hope so too! i can't believe that i actually enjoyed it as much as i did.

PartOfYourWorld

Great report!!! :) Had the Disney blues today at work, nice to come home and read trip reports! Even though sometimes that just makes it worse because you want to be there more!

And thank you for the picture of SM with the lights on! EVerytime I'm in the area and notice it is broken I try to get on the TTA to catch it with the lights on...but every time they are NEVER on. After 14 times of going you would think I've seen it at least once...but nope never have that luck :(

And don't you just love those window seats at Columbia Harbor House? My favorite is the window looking towards the Haunted Mansion! It's a great place to relax and people watch without the noise.

Trip report for your short trip when it comes around? :D

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Great report!!! :) Had the Disney blues today at work, nice to come home and read trip reports! Even though sometimes that just makes it worse because you want to be there more!

And thank you for the picture of SM with the lights on! EVerytime I'm in the area and notice it is broken I try to get on the TTA to catch it with the lights on...but every time they are NEVER on. After 14 times of going you would think I've seen it at least once...but nope never have that luck :(

And don't you just love those window seats at Columbia Harbor House? My favorite is the window looking towards the Haunted Mansion! It's a great place to relax and people watch without the noise.

Trip report for your short trip when it comes around? :D

thanks! i just finally read you report and commented. i agree, that reading trip reports is a great way to combat the disney blues but it does make you want to be there even more after reading.

i really liked columbia harbor house and those window seats are great. i love people watching so they give you a really nice view without people knowing that you are watching. :lol:

and yes, i plan on writing a trip report for my short trip in july. :D

DanStat

Wow! I have loved reading your trip report! My friend and I just started training for the half-marathon on January! So far so good!

Don't despair about the iPhone case...the Disney Store is now carrying it online!

imagination30

awesome report. i loved the pics .. , and yes i have ate at the mexico pavillion in 07 so i was happy to se your takes on that.. , plus congrads on your first 1/2 i will be running my first in jan .. so looking foward to it!:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom