I Can Go The Distance - A Princess Half Marathon Trip Report

Well, we just got back from our trip on Wednesday and we had an absolutely great time. This trip was a little different since it included our first ever half marathon and our first stay at a moderate resort. We were really excited to run in Disney’s Princess Half Marathon and to get another reason to visit WDW.

When: February 25th – 29th, 2012

Who: Ashley (me) and my husband, Wes. We got married last October and honeymooned on the Disney Dream with a stay at the Beach Club during the Food and Wine Festival after our cruise.

Photo0075FourBySix.jpg

And now, on to the trip report!

Saturday February 25th – Travel, Travel, Travel and Some Firsts

Today our day started really early. Our flight was at 7:05am so that meant we were awake around 5am. We got up, finished packing last minute items and my Dad came to pick us up to take us to the airport at 5:30.

IMG_0084.jpg

I love it when your countdown for a trip looks like this!

We arrived at the airport, went through security and were sitting at the gate by 5:49. I say this every trip but it is so nice to live so close to the airport. We boarded the plane and took off for a very uneventful flight. We landed at 8:49 and made our way to Disney’s Magical Express.

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

The line for DME was non-existent. We boarded the bus at 9:15 and made our way to Port Orleans French Quarter.

IMG_2528.jpg

POFQ was the second stop after Saratoga Springs. We made our way to the online check in line where the people in front of us didn’t seem to understand what online check in was. I don’t know why the cast members behind the counter didn’t make the people move to the regular check in line but not too long after getting in line, it was our turn to check in.

We checked in and unfortunately our room was not ready. Not too much of a surprise since it was only 10:15am but you can always be hopeful. While I had been waiting in line to check in, Wes went over to the concierge to ask if we could buy my annual pass there. I thought that you had to buy them at the ticket counter in the parks but it turns out that if you are paying in full you can buy them at the concierge. Very exciting. So after checking in, we got in line to buy my first annual pass! :D I had done all kinds of math to determine whether or not I should buy the annual pass. I am potentially going on 3 trips to WDW this year so mathematically an annual pass was a necessity. :D I am going to be in Orlando in July for a work conference and decided to add a few days at Disney after the conference. There are also talks about going to Disney in December with my family. So even if I don’t go in December, it still made financial sense to buy the annual pass for this trip. Yay for math! :lol:

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
I'm loving your trip report!! You and Wes are so cute. Congratulations on finishing the half marathon! I did one back in 2010 in San Francisco... Don't know WHAT I was thinking when I signed up for those hills!!

Looks like a really fun trip. I used to live in New Orleans, so I never thought I would want to stay in either of the Port Orleans resorts, but after seeing your pictures maybe I will! It looks like a great resort!

i'm glad you are enjoying the trip report! thanks! the half marathon was awesome. i don't know you could run up so many hills! the princess half marathon only had 3 inclines and i wanted to die on all 3. :lol:

we had a great time on our trip. pofq really is a beautiful resort.

:lol: I HAVE THAT DRESS!!!! I actually took it to Disney with me too, but never wore it. That would have been really funny if we both had the same dress in pictures... since we seem to take the same pictures anyways! lol, great minds think alike! :lol:

i love that dress. old navy has some great stuff! that would have been pretty funny if we both had pictures wearing that dress next to the once upon a time billboards. :lol:

OK THIS makes me totally angry.... I HATE when teenagers act like this. I have 3 teenage cousins and whenever they act like this, I put them right back in their place. If I was there I would have said something to them. I'm not the type of person to tolerate that stuff, especially when there are little kids around. I hope teenagers these days realize nothing they say like that makes them looks cool... It just makes them look really stupid! OK, end rant!! lol

Earle of Sandwich is so yummy!! :slurp: I've never had the BBq Hawaiian but it looks really good. I love ham and pineapple together. This might be my go to sandwich next month!

yea, teenagers bother me for that very reason. i didn't even like teenagers when i was one. :lol: there is such a desire to be "cool" that you feel the need to put on a show in public. we didn't let them bother us too much but we just decided to leave so we wouldn't get more annoyed.

earl of sandwich is the best! i wish there was one close by so i could get that delicious hawaiian bbq right now! you should absolutely try that sandwich the next time you are there. very tasty.

I want the deer!!!!!!! That's going to be my goal on the next trip.

I am bummed we couldn't get to Earl of Sandwich on the last trip. I had made a mental note that I wanted to go, but somehow we were never hungry when we were in the area and it was too out of the way to go to DTD just for that. But your Hawaiian sandwich looks DELISH!! :slurp: Totally up my alley. Did you ever have the burger at Red Robin with the grilled pineapple and bbq sauce? It's my favorite. And in college, we would get pineapple pizza after going out. Apparently, I like pineapple on everything.

And how much more fun is Kim Possible with a little buzz going??? We had a great time and it made it all more challenging. :lol:

if you like pineapple, you need to try the hawaiian bbq. such a great sandwich. and yes, i have tried the bonzai burger from red robin. also tasty but i think the hawaiian bbq from earl of sandwich is much better.

yea, doing the kim possible missions buzzed was interesting. :lol: i got a little turned around in the china mission and we had already done it before.

PartOfYourWorld

see what i mean about wanting to go on a lot of trips? i doubt they will all happen unless we win the lottery but we have lots of plans for future trips.

i have a feeling that the first floor might be worse with the plumbing noises since all the water has to go down somewhere right? i'm not a plumber so i don't know but that is my guess.

once upon a time is so great! before show first started i was worried it might get cancelled but it seems like it has a really big fan base so hopefully it is safe. it is too good not to keep it going!

Hey you just never know :)

Hmmm not sure :shrug:

I didn't get into until about four episodes in, but it has fairytales in it and I was hooked! lol. Some episodes are boring I will admit, or they just skip around the storyline, like I hate it when in one episode they talk so much about Henry, but for the next 2 episodes or so he's no where to be found...I wish they would tackle that a little better, but it's still awesome no matter what!

I love the walk inbetween DHS and EPCOT just so peaceful, I want to stay at the Boardwalk one day! It's my favorite resort (well favorite that I haven't stayed at lol)

And your LeCellier pictures are making me drool...the soup, the bread, the filet those are my favorite things. I wanted to eat my screen :lol: :slurp:

bethram

I've really enjoyed reading about your trip. I ran the Princess Half last year and we stayed at POFQ so it is bringing back a lot of memories. I don't know how you went to the parks after running the half! We went to DTD and the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue that day and that was plenty on my sore legs and feet. We were on the third floor of building three at POFQ and did not have any issues with plumbing noise.

lbrad

Love this TR so far!

I'm in the same boat as you about not spending enough time taking in the details and stuff other than the attractions at AK. There is so much to see there. It really is a beautiful park!

POFQ is super pretty. We were hoping to stay there in Sept for the Tower of Terror 10 Miler but we opted for All Star Sports so we could save some money... Maybe next time!!

Can't wait to read about the race! :D

POFQ is coming up "unavaiable " during the Tower of Teror 10 miler :(
Wanted to stay there ...drats ... not sure what to do???

lbrad

CONGRATS on you & your hubby finishing your first 1/2 Marathon!!!!

Loved your TR!!! Especially with the race ... I really want to do the ToT 10 BUT I am 47!!! I have done a few 5k ... nothing more. I am soo hooked on Disney. And I WANT A MEDAL :ROFLOL:

Not sure if the ole knees will hold up BUT I think I'm just going to DO IT!!!
I don't care if I walk the whole thing ... so long as I finish :sohappy:

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
:eek:I feel the need for both of us to go back and just redo our trips. Now. :lol:

sounds good to me! let's go!!

Hey you just never know :)

Hmmm not sure :shrug:

I didn't get into until about four episodes in, but it has fairytales in it and I was hooked! lol. Some episodes are boring I will admit, or they just skip around the storyline, like I hate it when in one episode they talk so much about Henry, but for the next 2 episodes or so he's no where to be found...I wish they would tackle that a little better, but it's still awesome no matter what!

I love the walk inbetween DHS and EPCOT just so peaceful, I want to stay at the Boardwalk one day! It's my favorite resort (well favorite that I haven't stayed at lol)

And your LeCellier pictures are making me drool...the soup, the bread, the filet those are my favorite things. I wanted to eat my screen :lol: :slurp:

that's so true about henry! i was just thinking that a couple episodes ago. all of a sudden i was like "where is henry?" yesterday's episode was amazing. so much craziness going on. i have no idea where they are going from here but i can't wait.

the boardwalk is such a wonderful resort! i think the rooms are beautiful and you can't get much better than that location.

I've really enjoyed reading about your trip. I ran the Princess Half last year and we stayed at POFQ so it is bringing back a lot of memories. I don't know how you went to the parks after running the half! We went to DTD and the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue that day and that was plenty on my sore legs and feet. We were on the third floor of building three at POFQ and did not have any issues with plumbing noise.

i'm glad you are enjoying the read! looking back i am not sure how we actually walked around either. :lol:

POFQ is coming up "unavaiable " during the Tower of Teror 10 miler :(
Wanted to stay there ...drats ... not sure what to do???

that stinks. hopefully something will open up.

CONGRATS on you & your hubby finishing your first 1/2 Marathon!!!!

Loved your TR!!! Especially with the race ... I really want to do the ToT 10 BUT I am 47!!! I have done a few 5k ... nothing more. I am soo hooked on Disney. And I WANT A MEDAL :ROFLOL:

Not sure if the ole knees will hold up BUT I think I'm just going to DO IT!!!
I don't care if I walk the whole thing ... so long as I finish :sohappy:

thank you!! you can totally do the tot 10 miler at 47!! no problem!! as long as you train and pace yourself, you will get your medal! our goal going in was just to finish, even if we had to walk the whole thing and we did even better than we thought. you will do great!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Wednesday February 29th – One More Disney Day and Back to Reality

Today was our last day in WDW. :cry: I was really sad that our trip was over but lucky for us it was leap day so we actually got to spend a whole lot more time in WDW thanks to One More Disney Day. The Magic Kingdom was opening at 6am today and wouldn’t close until 6am March 1st. When I heard about One More Disney Day, I knew that I wanted to get to the MK right when it opened. I knew that this was the first time Disney had ever done anything like this and if they were going to do it again, it wouldn’t be for another 4 years. I knew there was no way I was going to miss this. Wes wasn’t too thrilled about waking up that early but he said he would wake up. I was sad that we couldn’t spend a full 24 hours in the MK but we would at least get to see the opening ceremony.

So at 4:45am my alarm went off and I was up immediately. I started getting ready and started to try to wake Wes up. He did not want to get out of bed and asked if I would be mad if he didn’t go with me. I said no, but I would be a little sad that he wasn’t coming with me for the opening. Wes realized that he should get up and come with me to avoid any future arguments. :lol:

Wes was taking a while to get ready and I knew that we were cutting it close to making it to see the opening ceremony. I kept asking him if he was almost ready and tried to have some patience. Finally around 5:20, he was ready and I headed out of the room as he gathered his things.

IMG_3032.jpg

Wes coming out of our room.

We got to the bus stop at 5:25 and I was really hoping that a bus would arrive as soon as possible. I think we ended up waiting about 10 minutes for a bus and I was so happy because there was still a chance that we would get to the MK in time. Then we stopped at every single bus stop at Port Orleans Riverside. Are you serious? Ugh. We had never stopped at every single POR bus stop on any other day and yet this morning our bus driver felt the need to stop at every one. The whole bus ride I just kept thinking that we weren’t going to make it to see the park opening. I have actually never been to the MK for an opening ceremony. It seems that I normally go to the other parks in the morning but never MK. So not only would I be missing the opening ceremony again but I would be missing the opening ceremony for One More Disney Day, an event that only happens once every 4 years. It’s so dumb but I was feeling really upset. The whole bus ride I just kept telling myself not to let this affect the whole day. Don’t get mad at Wes for not getting up right away when he asked if he could stay in bed and you basically guilted him into coming with you so early.

I continued this discussion in my head until we arrived at the MK at 5:54am. Yes!! There was still a chance of seeing the opening ceremony! We quickly walked up to the bag check area and saw that they were just starting. We made it! All of that inner turmoil was for nothing! There were a lot of people waiting to get in to the park but I was surprised that there weren’t even more people there. I kind of expected a complete mob scene with people all over but it wasn’t that bad. We got in line at one of the turnstiles and waited for the opening ceremony.

IMG_3033.jpg

I asked Wes if he minded staying in line while I went to get a better view and take some pictures. He said that was fine so I went and stood behind the area with all of the media cameras to watch the opening ceremony.

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

The opening ceremony was cute and I am glad to say that we were there at 6am for the opening on One More Disney Day. While I was watching the opening ceremony a cast member came by and gave me a One More Disney Day button. I was glad to get a free souvenir for this event. After the opening ceremony we were through the turnstiles and walking under the train station to Main Street.

IMG_3039.jpg

When we got in the park, we really weren’t sure what we wanted to do. We saw a ton of people heading to the Chapeau to get their One More Disney Day Mickeys ears and a lot of people going in the Emporium to see what other merchandise they had for the event. I found out later that the OMDD Mickey ears were actually being given out for free to annual pass holders over on the left side of the entrance. Dang it. We went to the right. Oh well. My free button was nice too.

We finally decided that we would go to Splash Mountain first to get a fastpass to use later in the day.

IMG_3040.jpg

Look at that fog. It made for some interesting pictures.

As we were walking up Main Street, Wes and I were trying to figure out what the best way to get to Splash Mountain was. I thought that going through Adventureland was the fastest and Wes thought going through Liberty Square was better. So we figured, let’s race. We parted ways and walked our separate routes to SM.

IMG_3041.jpg

I decided not to stop and take any pictures because I didn’t want that to interfere with the race. I made my way through Adventureland which was basically a ghost town and arrived at Splash Mountain only to see Wes standing there waiting for me. Dang it. I hate it when he’s right. Especially about WDW stuff. :lol: At least now we know the fastest way to SM from Main Street.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
When we got there we saw that the fastpass machines weren’t even on yet. Man, we weren’t having much luck this morning. Since we were there, we figured we might as well ride. So much for straightening my hair this morning. At 6:36 we were on our first ride of the day!

IMG_3043.jpg

We walked up to the loading area and there wasn’t anyone else in line in front of us. I was sure that we would get our own log, which I thought would be really cool, but then three guys were seated right behind us. I love this ride and it was really cool riding it so early in the morning that it was still dark out. The guys behind us were really funny. I didn’t get a chance to look at them before the ride, but they reminded me of my brother. They started talking about Step by Step and Boy Meets World which really cracked me up because I loved those shows while I was growing up. They were trying to remember the theme songs and one of them was saying “Fee-hee-heenay!” :lol: Great show. I was really interested to see what the guys behind us looked like after hearing them talk the whole ride and they didn’t look like I had expected. I thought they were probably in their early 20s when I first heard them talking but they looked more like they were in their 30s. Seeing them after hearing their conversation choices was funny.

IMG_3048.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

The sun was starting to come up and it was proving to be an extremely foggy day. We decided to stay in Adventureland and head towards Pirates.

IMG_3050.jpg

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

Pirates was another walk on and I was sure that we would get our own boat. At the last minute a couple and their grandson boarded our boat. I wasn’t too upset until the grandson said “Grandpa, try not to take so many pictures this time”. Oh great. Sure enough, the guy starts taking pictures with his flash on. I wanted to say something so bad but I didn’t want to put a damper on the day by getting agitated over this guy so I just kept my frustrations to myself. I just kept looking at Wes and laughing so I wouldn’t get mad.

Next up, we went on the Jungle Cruise. There was no wait and we were the first people on the boat again. I knew not to hope for a boat to ourselves since the last two attractions proved that people would show up. And guess who decided to join us. It was the flash taking pictures during a dark ride family! Awesome. I said to Wes “Oh look, it’s our family” :lol: Our skipper was very good and we were actually joined by a couple other families besides just “our family” so that was nice. After the Jungle Cruise we went to explore the Swiss Family Treehouse and we were happy that “our family” did not join us.

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3057.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_3058.jpg

I love this picture with the fog.

IMG_3059.jpg

We took our time walking through the treehouse which was really nice. I think I have only walked through SFT maybe 3 times, so getting to spend some extra time looking at all of the details was really cool. We were behind a mom with her little girl who was probably 2 or 3 who decided that she didn’t want to be carried but wanted to walk the entire treehouse. This made for some slow moving but they were really nice and we weren’t in any hurry. At one point the mom finally stopped her daughter and told us that we could pass. So we left SFT and realized that we were starting to get really hungry. It was a little after 7 and the only place that was open was the Main Street Bakery so that’s where we went.

IMG_3060.jpg

We found the entrance to the Bakery inside the tunnel of construction walls. The line was out the door but there was nowhere else to go so we waited. While in line we saw a group in front of us that had shirts that said “It’s my Wife/Daughter/Friend’s 12th Birthday” and the birthday girl’s shirt said “It’s My 12th Birthday”. The lady’s husband’s shirt was just too funny! It was so cool to see people celebrating their leap birthday. I feel bad for the leap birthday people only getting a “real” birthday every 4 years so it was nice to see so many of them celebrating at WDW. Another girl in line was celebrating her 4th birthday, aka 16th. Very cool.

Even though we had been waiting in line awhile, we still weren’t sure what to get. Everything looked so good. Wes ended up getting a coffee cake and a Danish and I went with the apple turnover. The place was packed but we were able to grab a table as two people were leaving.

IMG_3061.jpg

Our breakfast snacks were delicious. I am so glad that we stopped to get something to eat because I wouldn’t have made it to 10:30 when some of the lunch places started opening. We left the bakery to find that the sun was completely out but you could still barely see the castle due to the fog. We decided to walk through the castle and head to Fantasyland.

IMG_3065.jpg

IMG_3066.jpg

We got to Fantasyland and Wes had to find a restroom so I took some pictures while I waited.

IMG_3068.jpg

IMG_3069.jpg

IMG_3072.jpg

Fog was still hanging around.

We saw that the wait for Peter Pan said it was only 30 minutes so we figured that was probably the lowest posted time we would see and we got in the standby line.

IMG_3073.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
While in line I noticed that the trash can had a design specific to Fantasyland on it.

IMG_3074.jpg

I don’t know that I ever really paid attention to this before. I was looking forward to checking out the other trash cans around the MK now.

Our wait for PP was actually only about 10 minutes which wasn’t bad at all. Once we got off the ride, we saw that they were just now opening up the fastpass distribution machines for the day. It was around 8am and we still had a lot of time before we needed to head back to the resort to catch DME. So we made our way towards Tomorrowland and decided to go for a ride on Winnie the Pooh along the way.

IMG_3075.jpg

IMG_3076.jpg

IMG_3077.jpg

You can see Beast’s castle in the distance through the fog.

We arrived in Tomorrowland and headed towards Space Mountain. When we got there we saw that the ride was down. We went over to get a fastpass and the FP machines were also down. Major bummer. We then went on another favorite, the Peoplemover.

IMG_3078.jpg

I think this face was saying, I can’t believe you woke me up so early this morning. :lol:

IMG_3079.jpg

Always cool to see Space Mountain with the lights on.

IMG_3081.jpg

Wes took a little nap while on the Peoplemover.

While on the Peoplemover, I saw that the FP was working again for Space Mountain so we went and grabbed some fastpasses to use later. Sometime while on the Peoplemover the fog had lifted and it turned into a really nice day.

IMG_3082.jpg

Next, we decided to head to Liberty Square to see the Hall of Presidents.

IMG_3084.jpg

Main Street trash can design

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_3085.jpg

Well, hello!

IMG_3086.jpg

IMG_3088.jpg

IMG_3089.jpg

What’s up with the cauldrons?

IMG_3090.jpg

Hall of Presidents was great. I really enjoy this attraction but I actually almost fell asleep this time. We had been up since 4:45 so I was really tired. I am happy to say that I didn’t actually fall asleep and I was able to enjoy the show.

After HoP, we went to the Haunted Mansion and then went back to Tomorrowland to use our FP for Space Mountain.

IMG_3092.jpg

It turned out to be a really pretty day.

We had a fun ride on Space Mountain but the Peoplemover had broken down so we could see the lights on over the Peoplemover which kind of took away from the excitement of Space. Oh well. It was still a fun ride.

Since we still had about an hour before any lunch locations would be open, I decided that I wanted to go explore Tom Sawyer Island. I have only been there twice and both times I didn’t spend too much time there. So I figured today would be a perfect day to go explore. We walked to Frontierland stopping for a quick Photopass picture since you could finally see the castle.

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3095.jpg

We arrived at the Tom Sawyer Island dock and saw a really long line. I thought it wouldn’t be too bad so we got in line. Unfortunately, we were standing right in the sun and it was getting really hot out. I noticed that they were only using one raft today to transport guests to the island. I said out loud “they only have one raft running?” and a guest in front of me turned around and agreed with my frustrations. How could they only have one raft? After about 5 minutes of standing in line we realized that there was no way we were making it on the next raft and it would probably be another 30 minutes before we even reached the Island. So we gave up and decided just to go to Splash Mountain instead. See you next time Tom Sawyer Island!

The posted wait time was only 10 minutes so we decided to ride. We walked up to the front and it wasn’t long before we were boarding our log.

IMG_3096.jpg

The ride was great, as always, but we got really backed up shortly after the big drop. I’m not sure why they were so backed up but we slowly made our way back to the loading area.

IMG_3103.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Our picture was too funny not to take a picture of it.

IMG_3105.jpg

:ROFLOL: We just look so ridiculous. You can see that I have my poncho there ready to pull up to protect my face from getting totally soaked.

It was a little after 10:30 so we decided to make our way back to Liberty Square to get some lunch at Columbia Harbour House. We have never eaten there before so we decided to try it today. It didn’t open until 11 but we figured that we would explore some of the shops in Frontierland on our way.

IMG_3106.jpg

I love this place. I was sad that I didn’t get to eat there this trip. Next time.

IMG_3107.jpg

We passed by some hoedown thing with the Country Bears. It was funny seeing everyone doing the hokey pokey.

We made it to Columbia Harbour House with still about 10 minutes before they opened but they were letting guests stand inside to wait. Wes got in line and I walked around checking out all of the details.

IMG_3109.jpg

I went back down to stand with Wes in line and the restaurant opened right on time. We ordered and the cast members behind the counter asked us what time we got to the park and if we were staying the full 24 hours. We explained that we had to leave today but I wished that I could stay the whole time. I think Wes was happy that we had to leave. :lol: While Wes was waiting on our food, I went upstairs to grab us a seat.

IMG_3110.jpg

IMG_3111.jpg

I found a great little table next to a window overlooking Liberty Square.

IMG_3112.jpg

For lunch, I got the fried shrimp and Wes went with the chicken tenders. Lunch was really great and we had a wonderful view of the crowds.

IMG_3113.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_3114.jpg

We really enjoyed our lunch and I was starting to get sad that we would have to head back to the resort soon. We reminisced about our trip and talked about potentially doing another runDisney race. Since DME was picking us up at 1:10, I knew that we should leave no later than noon. So we decided that we should start heading towards the exit.

We got to the Hub and saw that the Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It parade was going on. We started walking up towards Town Square and realized that the parade was following us. :lol:

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3116.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

Once we got up to Town Square, we decided to check out the shops a little bit while we waited for the parade to pass by. I was trying to delay our departure as much as possible. We then went into the Confectionary so I could buy a co-worker a little treat.

We still had time left before we needed to leave so we went on one last ride on the train around the Magic Kingdom.

IMG_3118.jpg

IMG_3119.jpg

IMG_3120.jpg

We arrived at the Frontierland station and saw a crazy long line for Splash Mountain. The wait was actually in the outside part of the queue. It looks like the crowds had finally showed up at the MK around 11:30.

We passed by the new Fantasyland and it was neat seeing all of the construction going on. You couldn’t see a whole lot through the construction scrims but we could see some movement. I can’t wait to see it all when it is completed.

We got back to the Main Street station way too soon and I didn’t want to leave. I took some more pictures to kill a little more time.

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3124.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_3125.jpg

I had delayed the inevitable enough and it was finally time to head back to POFQ to catch DME to the airport. :(

IMG_3126.jpg

Goodbye Magic Kingdom!

IMG_3127.jpg

I was so sad that our trip was over. We caught a bus back to POFQ and arrived with about 20 minutes to spare before our scheduled pick up time. We finished packing a few last minute items and then made our way to the bus stop. We stopped in Floatworks for one last refill in our mugs and then went to drop off Wes’ checked bag at the airline check-in station. We had never checked a bag before using this method so we were interested to see how it worked. The cast member explained to us that it was just like curb side service at the airport and it made me feel a little better about our bags being there in Raleigh when we landed.

IMG_3128.jpg

IMG_3129.jpg

It seemed like way too soon that our bus was arriving and we were headed home.

IMG_3130.jpg

IMG_3131.jpg

We grabbed some seats in the front and were on our way to the airport.

IMG_3132.jpg

IMG_3133.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_3135.jpg

Goodbye Port Orleans and goodbye Disney World! :cry:

We got to the airport and made our way to the gate. Since we had already checked Wes’ bag and Disney printed out our boarding passes we just had to go through security. Security at MCO is always nuts so I wasn’t surprised that it took us around 30 minutes. That seems really long to someone who spends about 5 minutes every time going through security at RDU. We had another uneventful flight where I watched the Princess and the Frog. It was a nice way to conclude our stay at POFQ.

We landed on time at 5:30 and Wes’ checked bag was already on the carousel when we got to baggage claim. My Dad picked us up and we were on our way to get our dog, Daisy, and fill my parents in on our trip.

Final Thoughts

We had an amazing trip and I am still a little sad that it is over. It seemed like our countdown to our first ever half marathon would never end and then the whole trip was over before we knew it. Despite all of the struggles we had during the Princess Half Marathon, we really had a great time. I have definitely been bit by the runDisney bug and can’t wait to run again. I have no idea when that will be but I hope we run in another runDisney event next year.

I thought POFQ was a beautiful resort and the transportation was always great. It was my first time staying at a moderate resort and although I enjoyed the resort, I don’t know if I would spend the extra money for a moderate over a value resort. I think if I wanted to save money on a trip, I would just stay at a value resort. If I feel like spending more money, I would rather go deluxe than moderate. Unfortunately, I have been spoiled with deluxe resorts. I still want to try the other moderate resorts but I am not sure when I will try one again.

After looking at all of my pictures, I really wish that I had pre-ordered the PhotoPass CD again. We hardly have any pictures together. I know that we could have given our camera to PhotoPass photographers but I found that since we didn’t pre-order the CD, we weren’t trying to take a picture at every PhotoPass location. At least when we pre-order the CD, I know that I want to get my money’s worth so we make a point of stopping. Next time we go together, just the two of us, I think we will splurge and get the CD again. I think it is really worth the price when there is only the two of us on a trip.

And that’s it. I had a great time reliving my trip through this report. It really helped me deal with my post Disney depression. Luckily, I only have 133 more days until I return to WDW for a quick work related trip with some co-workers. I am excited to be their tour guide and show them around the parks.

Thanks for reading. :wave:

PolynesianPrincess

So sad it's over :cry: But seriously, such a great TR. I felt like I was right there with you and Wes.

The family taking flash pics on Pirates.... ugh! Apparently people just don't know how to listen because so many people insist on taking flash photos. Apparently rules are just for us and not them! :rolleyes:

Thanks for sharing!! It helped pass the time til my next trip in 37 days!! :sohappy:

rani8600

congrats on completing the 1/2 marathon. Your report really inspired me to want to give it a try. My sister and i have talked about doing it for a while now, but we are not runners so i thought it might be too much. maybe we will start to train and see if we can.

also, i know its a bit late but congratulation on your wedding!!

TakeMeThere81

:wave:Great trip report!!! How cool that on one trip you got to both run a Disney race AND check out One More Disney Day!! I enjoyed every bit of your report and I'm glad for you that you get to go back soon!!

I hope you run another Disney race! They are so fun!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom