I Can Go The Distance - A Princess Half Marathon Trip Report

Well, we just got back from our trip on Wednesday and we had an absolutely great time. This trip was a little different since it included our first ever half marathon and our first stay at a moderate resort. We were really excited to run in Disney’s Princess Half Marathon and to get another reason to visit WDW.

When: February 25th – 29th, 2012

Who: Ashley (me) and my husband, Wes. We got married last October and honeymooned on the Disney Dream with a stay at the Beach Club during the Food and Wine Festival after our cruise.

Photo0075FourBySix.jpg

And now, on to the trip report!

Saturday February 25th – Travel, Travel, Travel and Some Firsts

Today our day started really early. Our flight was at 7:05am so that meant we were awake around 5am. We got up, finished packing last minute items and my Dad came to pick us up to take us to the airport at 5:30.

IMG_0084.jpg

I love it when your countdown for a trip looks like this!

We arrived at the airport, went through security and were sitting at the gate by 5:49. I say this every trip but it is so nice to live so close to the airport. We boarded the plane and took off for a very uneventful flight. We landed at 8:49 and made our way to Disney’s Magical Express.

IMG_2524.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

IMG_2526.jpg

IMG_2527.jpg

The line for DME was non-existent. We boarded the bus at 9:15 and made our way to Port Orleans French Quarter.

IMG_2528.jpg

POFQ was the second stop after Saratoga Springs. We made our way to the online check in line where the people in front of us didn’t seem to understand what online check in was. I don’t know why the cast members behind the counter didn’t make the people move to the regular check in line but not too long after getting in line, it was our turn to check in.

We checked in and unfortunately our room was not ready. Not too much of a surprise since it was only 10:15am but you can always be hopeful. While I had been waiting in line to check in, Wes went over to the concierge to ask if we could buy my annual pass there. I thought that you had to buy them at the ticket counter in the parks but it turns out that if you are paying in full you can buy them at the concierge. Very exciting. So after checking in, we got in line to buy my first annual pass! :D I had done all kinds of math to determine whether or not I should buy the annual pass. I am potentially going on 3 trips to WDW this year so mathematically an annual pass was a necessity. :D I am going to be in Orlando in July for a work conference and decided to add a few days at Disney after the conference. There are also talks about going to Disney in December with my family. So even if I don’t go in December, it still made financial sense to buy the annual pass for this trip. Yay for math! :lol:

We got to the bus stop and it was actually pretty crowded. I was surprised since the overall crowd level for the day was just a 4 out of 10. We took a seat to finish eating our breakfast and waited for the bus. There were two really cute little girls at the bus stop that were wearing these ballet outfits with the princesses on them. They were running around dancing. The one girl, she was probably 4, she started showing the guy next to us her autograph book and he was telling her if they had seen those characters too. It was a really cute interaction and then the guy said “I like your dress” and the little girl goes “it’s a costume” and she pulls down the top of her dress and starts showing the guy her chest. :eek: :lol: It was so funny because the 4 year old didn’t realize that little girls shouldn’t do things like that. The poor guy just started laughing and looking away. We couldn’t help but laugh, and the little girl’s mom was laughing too telling her to stop pulling her shirt down. I hope for those parents sake that the little girl learns to stop flashing people. :ROFLOL:

As we walked to Star Tours, we passed by one of those booths where you can get your face painted. Wes keeps saying how funny it would be for a grown man to get his face painted as a tiger and just walk around the parks like it’s no big deal. I said it would be so funny to go to a nice dinner at Le Cellier and when you order your steak, order it “raaaaare” :ROFLOL: I thought that was so funny. Every time we passed by another one of the face painting booths I would say this joke again. It never got old. :lol:

As we enjoyed our goodies, we walked through the shops. Does anyone else think this hat is a little creepy?

IMG_2906.jpg

I love Walt but something about that picture of him on this hat is just weird.

Too funny about the little girl. Keep in mind you were in Port Orleans, maybe she was trying to earn some beads....:ROFLOL:

I don't think I'll ever be able to eat at Le Cellier now without thinking, "I'd like my steak Rraaaaare.". I actually laughed out loud at that one.

I agree, that hat is creepy.

I'm excited for an update, but I'm sad it's your last day.

PartOfYourWorld

thank you! we don’t have any specific runDisney event in mind. i wish that i could go for the TOT 10 miler this fall but i don’t know that i can squeeze in another trip. this Friday we find out if we are going to hawaii to stay at aulani and after we know that, we will know whether or not we are potentially going in december with my family. we have a whole lot of what ifs right now along with potentially going on a Disney cruise in 2013. its so hard when i want to go on so many trips for different events and with my family and wes’ family!

those tacos from the appetizer menu were absolutely delicious! i don’t know if it was because i was a little buzzed from the margarita or because i had ran a half marathon earlier in the day, but i was in love with those tacos! :lol: i highly recommend trying them!

i can’t believe you didn’t hear the plumbing. we heard it all the time. it wasn’t that bad or annoying but it was noticeable. maybe only some of the rooms hear it. we were on the first floor so maybe that makes a difference. what floor were you on? maybe if you are on the upper floors you don’t hear it as much.

WOW lots of trips!!!!!

Thank you I will definitely have to try them!!!!! :)

We were on the second floor, not sure if it would make a difference :shrug: Weird how things like that happen in some places not others.

And so happy you love Once Upon A Time too!!!! My new favorite show!!! Rumple is definitely my favorite :)

Stinks about the rain too :( Torrential downpours are not fun! But still better in Disney than at home!

emh1960

Such a great report!

Thank you for your wonderful report and congratulations on your race and your recent marriage!:sohappy:

TakeMeThere81

Hey!! Thank you so much for posting this trip report! I have had limited time and I have been reading through in chunks so I just got to the starting line with you! How great that this was your first half marathon and that your husband ran with you! Mine ran with me too last year if you remember, and it was great!!! I can't wait to read about the rest of the race.

I enjoyed all of your pre-race report as well and I agree with you that:

1) Our pace at WDW is more chill the more times we go

2) It's important to put the camera away for a while sometimes.

Can't wait to read the rest! :wave:

TakeMeThere81

Yay I finished the report thus far!

You did so awesome in the race! Congratulations!!! Not a runner?!? Pshaw!! Are you kidding? You are totally a runner! If you run, you are a runner, period. It doesn't matter how slow you go or even if you take walk breaks. Girl, you and your hubby are part of the club :)

Loved all of your mile marker photos...especially your cute thumbs' ups!

Ahhh, I LOVED the Magic Kingdom gates, that was so amazing when we ran through them!!

fighting...you two are so funny! But I'm glad you include these things in your TRs. Hey, it's real life, right??

I'm glad you achieved your first goal! Sorry you didn't finish your second goal but that's just a good reason to run again!! ;)

I loved that picture of Wes taking a nap...he kind of resembled a corpse! :lol: I totally understand the feeling...

You two are the cutest couple, very cute picture in front of the castle.

Loved the Liberty Belle. This is something we haven't done for a while because our kids have just had this 'thing' about going up and down the stairs, which isn't really safe on this boat. We're good now, they're past that stage and hopefully we'll go again soon.

Yum on your dinner at La Hacienda! And I LOVE their margarita glasses!!

Turkey Leg Hat...LOL that's so funny! Actually, my hubby has the t-shirt!

I too LOVE Once Upon a Time...I'm so glad there is a show I'm into now. I don't get into tv shows often, and this one is great!

frizzy hair...I hear ya girl. I have the same problem. You spend all this time on your hair then in about 30 seconds the humidity ruins it. I say the only thing that worked for me was to use A LOT of anti-frizz hairspray. I think I used Garnier

Great report!! :sohappy:

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Too funny about the little girl. Keep in mind you were in Port Orleans, maybe she was trying to earn some beads....:ROFLOL:

I don't think I'll ever be able to eat at Le Cellier now without thinking, "I'd like my steak Rraaaaare.". I actually laughed out loud at that one.

I agree, that hat is creepy.

I'm excited for an update, but I'm sad it's your last day.

i didn't realize that she might have been celebrating mardi gras! good point! :lol:

i'm glad you enjoyed that comment. i thought it was pretty funny. in fact, i used the line again last night at dinner when i got my burger and it was a little raaaaare. :lol:

yea, something about that hat is just not right.

update is being posted now. it was our last full day but we still had half a day in the mk for one more disney day!

WOW lots of trips!!!!!

Thank you I will definitely have to try them!!!!!

We were on the second floor, not sure if it would make a difference :shrug: Weird how things like that happen in some places not others.

And so happy you love Once Upon A Time too!!!! My new favorite show!!! Rumple is definitely my favorite

Stinks about the rain too. Torrential downpours are not fun! But still better in Disney than at home!

see what i mean about wanting to go on a lot of trips? i doubt they will all happen unless we win the lottery but we have lots of plans for future trips.

i have a feeling that the first floor might be worse with the plumbing noises since all the water has to go down somewhere right? i'm not a plumber so i don't know but that is my guess.

once upon a time is so great! before show first started i was worried it might get cancelled but it seems like it has a really big fan base so hopefully it is safe. it is too good not to keep it going!

Thank you for your wonderful report and congratulations on your race and your recent marriage!

i am glad you are enjoying it! thank you so much!

Hey!! Thank you so much for posting this trip report! I have had limited time and I have been reading through in chunks so I just got to the starting line with you! How great that this was your first half marathon and that your husband ran with you! Mine ran with me too last year if you remember, and it was great!!! I can't wait to read about the rest of the race.

I enjoyed all of your pre-race report as well and I agree with you that:

1) Our pace at WDW is more chill the more times we go

2) It's important to put the camera away for a while sometimes.

Can't wait to read the rest! :wave:

no problem! i am glad you are enjoying the read. i wouldn't have been able to finish if wes wasn't there with me. he was great. it is so nice to have supportive husbands who are willing to run in a princess half marathon with their ladies.

i'm working on the camera thing on attractions, parades and fireworks but it is so hard. i hope that on my next trip i can put down the camera for all of these and just enjoy them.

Yay I finished the report thus far!

You did so awesome in the race! Congratulations!!! Not a runner?!? Pshaw!! Are you kidding? You are totally a runner! If you run, you are a runner, period. It doesn't matter how slow you go or even if you take walk breaks. Girl, you and your hubby are part of the club :)

thank you! yay, i'm a runner! :lol: it just feels so funny to say, but i guess i am. in fact, i have continued to go running since the race so i guess i really am a runner! imagine that.

Loved all of your mile marker photos...especially your cute thumbs' ups!

thanks. i knew that i wanted to get pictures of the mile markers and i figured a thumbs up would be a good pose to show that we were still moving

Ahhh, I LOVED the Magic Kingdom gates, that was so amazing when we ran through them!!

fighting...you two are so funny! But I'm glad you include these things in your TRs. Hey, it's real life, right??

I'm glad you achieved your first goal! Sorry you didn't finish your second goal but that's just a good reason to run again!! ;)

we were really happy to finish the race but i really want to do another one so i can meet my second goal of a finish time. i think if i do run again, my time goal would be a little better than just under 3 since i would make sure to train a lot better the next time around

I loved that picture of Wes taking a nap...he kind of resembled a corpse! I totally understand the feeling...

didn't he?! i am so glad he wasn't or that would have put a damper on the trip :lol:

You two are the cutest couple, very cute picture in front of the castle.

thank you! that is very kind of you to say.

Loved the Liberty Belle. This is something we haven't done for a while because our kids have just had this 'thing' about going up and down the stairs, which isn't really safe on this boat. We're good now, they're past that stage and hopefully we'll go again soon.

Yum on your dinner at La Hacienda! And I LOVE their margarita glasses!!

Turkey Leg Hat...LOL that's so funny! Actually, my hubby has the t-shirt!

i think the shirt is cute but something about the hat is just weird

I too LOVE Once Upon a Time...I'm so glad there is a show I'm into now. I don't get into tv shows often, and this one is great!

i should have guessed that people on these boards would love the show. it is right up our alley!

frizzy hair...I hear ya girl. I have the same problem. You spend all this time on your hair then in about 30 seconds the humidity ruins it. I say the only thing that worked for me was to use A LOT of anti-frizz hairspray. I think I used Garnier

i'm going to need to get some kind of product before my july trip. i can only imagine the mess my hair will be in. i think you will see me wearing a lot of ponytails that trip.

Great report!!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Monday February 28th – Hollywood Studios and Epcot

Today would be our last full day in the parks so we were going to make the most of it! This morning we were up at 7:45 again and heading back to Hollywood Studios.

IMG_2925.jpg

We made our way to the bus stop through the very convenient short cut through the parking lot and were there at 8:20. We arrived at HS a little earlier today and were through the turnstiles at 8:55. The lines seemed about the same as yesterday so we were hoping for the same crowd level. Today’s plan was for Wes to walk ahead and get fastpasses for TSMM and I would follow taking pictures along the way.

IMG_2926.jpg

IMG_2927.jpg

IMG_2928.jpg

When I got to Pixar Place, Wes had already gotten our fastpasses and was waiting for me so we could ride standby. Again, the posted wait time was something crazy long but we actually walked up to the 3D glasses again. The cast member asked us how many and we were sent up the right side for the 3rd time! Woo hoo! This was awesome. We were on the ride by 9:07.

I was really hoping to beat Wes this time and I was doing okay throughout the first couple rounds. Then during one of the rounds I noticed that Wes was shooting over on my side of the screen!! Ugh! What a cheater! I couldn’t believe that he was stealing targets on my side. His excuse was “I just hit all of mine so fast that I have to go to your side” Ugh, please. Needless to say, Wes beat me yet again.

IMG_2929.jpg

This ride was good though because I learned that Wes was a cheater and could never be trusted on TSMM again. :lol: We decided to head towards Star Tours to see if we could get a different sequence. We walked through the Streets of America since they are so nice and peaceful in the morning when the park just opens.

IMG_2930.jpg

I love these windows! I need to spend more time checking out this area of the park.

IMG_2931.jpg

Star Tours had no wait so we got in the standby line. This time we actually had a different beginning sequence! I was really excited and hoping we would see more new sequences. We ended up having the same middle and end as the day before but this time Princess Leia delivered a message to us. It was cool getting to see a couple new sequences but we still saw the same ending. Is that always the same? If it is, that would explain why we weren’t seeing anything different. :lol:

We then went to see Muppet Vision 3D since it had been interrupted the day before. Hopefully this time we would be able to see the whole show.

IMG_2932.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_2933.jpg

IMG_2934.jpg

The waiting area actually seemed a little crowded today. It’s so great that the Muppets are still getting some love from the fans! We were able to see the whole show today which was great but the bubbles and the fireworks weren’t really working. It’s too bad when the special effects don’t work right but it was still enjoyable.

After MV3D, I was getting really hungry. I had decided this morning that we should skip getting any breakfast and I was now regretting that decision. Luckily we were close to the Writer’s Stop so we went in there to see what kind of treats we wanted.

IMG_2935.jpg

Everything looked so good!! Especially those Mickey Gingerbread cookies!! I wish I had gotten on. Next time.

IMG_2937.jpg

IMG_2938.jpg

There was a group of 3 people in front of us in line who seemed like they were ordering everything off the menu. There were two older ladies working behind the counter who I would have to guess were in their 70s, maybe even 80s, and they were having a really hard time remembering everything. They must have asked the people 5 times what they wanted. They would remember to grab one thing and then say “and what else did you want?” The ladies seemed like they were really struggling this morning with their jobs so I just smiled and tried not to get annoyed at their lack of speed. After all, how could you be mad at two cute elderly ladies working at WDW?

It was finally our time to order and we decided to split a cinnamon bun and water. The lady only asked me twice what I wanted. :D She also asked me if it was for here or to go. I said it was for here and she gave it to me in a to go bag. Funny ladies.

IMG_2939.jpg

The cinnamon bun was great! It was so huge that it was perfect for us to split. I really enjoyed sitting in the Writer’s Stop. It is a lot less crowded than the Starring Rolls Café and it is nice that there is seating inside. The atmosphere in there is really cool too. I felt like I should start writing a novel or something.

It was now time to use our TSMM fastpasses and it was my last chance to try and beat Wes. We entered the FP line and were once again sent up the right side. 2 must be a magic number on this ride because all 4 times we were on it, we were sent up the right hand side when the groups in front of us (whether in the FP line or standby) were sent up the left. This time we did have to wait a little bit on the stairs but the wait wasn’t too bad until we were battling it out. The whole ride I kept screaming “stay off my side!” to prevent Wes from cheating.

IMG_2941.jpg

I ended up getting what I am pretty sure is my best score ever on this ride!! Unfortunately, so did Wes! :lol:

IMG_2942.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Wow! Wes actually got a deer prize! That was the first time I have ever seen that prize. It was a great final ride on TSMM this trip. Next time I want that deer!! :lol:

Next we were off for one last ride in HS and we decided to go on RnR.

IMG_2944.jpg

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

It was a great ride with some of my favorite Aerosmith songs and then we were on our way out of the park. Of course, I took pictures as we went.

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2950.jpg

IMG_2951.jpg

Another great window display.

We wanted to eat lunch in Epcot so we took a ferry around 11:15.

IMG_2952.jpg

IMG_2953.jpg

IMG_2954.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
It was a really nice day out and we figured that we could get out and walk at the Swan and Dolphin stop instead of taking the ferry the whole way. You would think that after the half marathon we would prefer the ferry but we were troopers and started walking. We weren’t sure if we would beat the ferry or not but it would be a fun challenge.

IMG_2955.jpg

Oh BoardWalk, how I love you!!

IMG_2956.jpg

We ended up beating the ferry by about 5 minutes. We arrived at the International Gateway a little before noon and I was already hungry. Wes wasn’t hungry yet so we decided to check out some of the countries before we ate. We stopped really quick at the Kim Possible station to pick up a mission. Then it was on to France.

IMG_2958.jpg

It was so cool to see some of the topiaries already up for the Flower and Garden Festival. We have never been during the festival so it was neat getting to see some of the topiaries and displays starting to get set up.

IMG_2959.jpg

IMG_2960.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

After France, it was on to Morocco!

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2965.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

IMG_2967.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_2969.jpg

Thought this sign was neat.

IMG_2970.jpg

IMG_2971.jpg

Well, hello! Haven’t had a peeking picture in a little bit.

IMG_2976.jpg

We saw this Moroccan Style building and decided to go inside. Like with the Norway pavilion last October, I didn’t realize that you could go in some of these buildings. It’s funny how many things you overlook.

IMG_2972.jpg

I was fully expecting this guy to start moving. How freaky would that be?!

IMG_2975.jpg

Love these lanterns.

By this point I was really hungry so we were on our way to Japan to try their quick service restaurant. We arrived at Katsura Grill.

IMG_2977.jpg

They had so many things that looked good on their menu. It was so hard to decide. I ended up getting the California rolls and Wes got the Spicy Tuna rolls and Tsukemen salad combo.

IMG_2979.jpg

IMG_2980.jpg

The food was great! I can’t wait to go back again. Since it was so nice we decided to eat outside. The seating area is really well done and it was very tranquil. I could have hung out there for hours. We also got to see some really adorable baby ducks that were hanging out in the water feature near the seating area!

IMG_2984.jpg

So cute!!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_2986.jpg

IMG_2987.jpg

We had a wonderful lunch. Next stop was Germany to get a beer! This has become a new tradition since Wes’ grandfather passed away while we were in WDW in 2009. His grandfather was German and he loved WDW so to honor him we have a beer in Germany.

IMG_2988.jpg

IMG_2989.jpg

IMG_2991.jpg

IMG_2992.jpg

Normally we just get one and split it but at the last minute I decided I wanted my own. So we got our beers and then walked through the shops in Germany.

IMG_2994.jpg

:lol: How funny is this shirt?!

IMG_2995.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
I love the Germany hats and the little German Mickey’s. Something about lederhosen are just so adorable. Not so much on grown men but they look cute on Mickey and Duffy.

IMG_2996.jpg

We started walking over to Norway where we could check in for our Kim Possible mission. On the way over I realized that getting two beers was a bad idea. We decided to take a break in China so we could finish drinking them. This was the view from our bench.

IMG_2997.jpg

We just sat and people watched as we finished drinking our drinks. I was feeling really tipsy from the one beer that I hadn’t even finished yet. I saw a baby in a stroller eating Cheetos and his little hand was completely covered in orangey goodness. :lol: I wanted Cheetos so bad right then! Wes jokes that I have ADD because I can get so easily sidetracked during a conversation but when I have been drinking it is even worse. I kept seeing kids with Cheetos and telling Wes that I wanted some. Of all the snacks in WDW, why did I want Cheetos so badly?! :lol: I didn’t get my Cheetos (which is probably a good thing) and we made our way to Norway to get assigned our first mission.

IMG_2998.jpg

We picked up our Kimmunicator and were sent back to China for our mission. We had already done the China mission on our October trip so we knew where the clues were.

IMG_2999.jpg

We quickly worked our way through the first couple. Then we were actually sent to a different one than our previous mission. I was really excited that they weren’t the same each time. We opted to do one more mission and we chose Mexico which we had never done before.

IMG_3000.jpg

I was still feeling tipsy and it was starting to get pretty hot out so we decided to turn in our Kimmunicator and head back to the resort for some pool time. We really like the Kim Possible adventure and I am sad to hear that they are replacing Kim Possible with this platypus character I have been reading about. I loved watching Kim Possible in middle school! My sophomore year of high school we had Super Hero day during spirit week and I went as Kim Possible. It’s sad that they are updating this and getting rid of Kim but I guess more kids can relate to the platypus. :lol:

Before we left Mexico, I decided that I really wanted some nachos! My tipsyness was making me really hungry. So we stopped at La Cantina de San Angel and split an order of nachos. I was too buzzed and hungry to take a picture before we started eating them. They were really good. Messy, but delicious!

We headed towards the park exit and saw some more topiaries on the way.

IMG_3003.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_3005.jpg

We stopped for a quick picture before we left. Can you see that my chest and neck are a little pink? Yea, I didn’t. More on that in a bit.

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

We got back to the resort around 2:30, went to the room to quickly change into our bathing suits and headed to the pool. Our seats from yesterday were taken and the pool was a little more crowded but we found some open seats near where we were sitting yesterday.

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

The pool party was in full force. Luckily I was still feeling a little buzzed from the beer so I had an amazing nap. We both fell asleep pretty soon after arriving at the pool. I didn’t wake up until my phone started vibrating with a reminder. It was time for us to check in for our flight tomorrow. :cry: I woke Wes up so we could check in and get our boarding passes. We were in the A boarding group for our Southwest flight so we were good to go. We laid around the pool a little longer. Our chairs were now in the shade and it just felt so nice it was hard to leave. Finally around 4 we realized that we needed to get moving.

IMG_3011.jpg

Hey, little guy.

We left the pool and went to the main building to take care of a couple of last minute things. Wes went to the front desk to ask for late checkout and I went to Floatworks to get some Mickey rice krispy treats to take home. My parents were watching our dog so I wanted to get them something but they told me not to. I ended up getting them the chocolate covered Mickey rice krispy treats since my mom loved them on our trip in 2009. I met up with Wes and we were all set to check out at 1pm tomorrow. This was perfect because DME was picking us up at 1:10. We then went to the gift shop so I could buy some popcorn! I love the caramel corn and kettle corn popcorn. On our October trip I decided not to buy any and as soon as we got home I regretted the decision. I wasn’t going to make that mistake this time.

We went back to the room, took showers and got ready to head back to Epcot for our dinner at Le Cellier. This is when I realized that my chest and neck got burned so bad today. When we were in HS earlier in the day, it was pretty cloudy. By the time we got to Epcot, the sun was out in full force. I didn’t realize it at the time but I was getting burned. You could actually see where my purse strap had been because there was a diagonal line of white across my chest. :lol: Not so good.

We caught a bus to Epcot at 5:20 and the little ballet girls from yesterday were on our bus. Remember, the one little girl who flashed a guy? :lol: Yea, those little girls. We were sitting in the back of the bus with them and the little girls were sharing two seats with their mom. The same little 4 year old who flashed the guy her chest yesterday was now sitting with her legs spread wide open while wearing a dress. :lol: Those poor parents are going to have their hands full.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
We got to Epcot at 5:50. First up was Test Track. We grabbed a FP and then rode using the single rider line. I love this ride and since it’s getting a refurbishment this year, I wanted to make sure we got to go on one more time as the ride is now.

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

After TT, we had time to kill before our FP time so we went over to one of my favorites, Captain EO!

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3018.jpg

I love this show! It is so awesomely 80s it’s fabulous! I really love the songs and am sad that I can’t find the change the world one. I actually downloaded “Another Part of Me” and jam out to it while thinking about Michael’s awesome dance moves at the end of Captain EO. :lol:

It was time for our TT FP so we made our way back to the other side of Future World. It was another great ride. I really hope the refurbishment doesn’t tarnish my love for this ride. I read a little bit about the changes they are making and I am just not sure how I feel about it yet. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

We still had time before our 7:45 reservation at Le Cellier but we decided to go check in anyway. I would rather be too early than late. We checked in at 7:20. There was a group in front of us that were trying to get a table but they didn’t have reservations. I guess they didn’t realize that this place is crazy hard to get a table. They turned around and told us that we shouldn’t even try unless we had reservations and I informed them that we did. We checked in and the hostess said that she couldn’t seat us early. I told her that was no problem but that we just wanted to make sure and check in so they knew we were here and ready. This was the first time that Le Cellier wouldn’t be our last meal in WDW before we had to catch the DME to the airport. We were really looking forward to not being rushed this time and getting to fully enjoy our meal at a normal pace.

IMG_3019.jpg

We went down to wait outside the restaurant. I realized that I really prefer this area during the day. It isn’t as pretty at night. I tried taking some pictures but it wasn’t worth it.

IMG_3020.jpg

See what I mean.

I decided that I wanted to walk around the Canada pavilion so Wes stayed in front of the restaurant in case they called us early. Again, it was too dark to take any really good pictures so I just walked through the shops to check out the merchandise. I thought this shirt would be so cute on a little kid. Too bad I don’t have any.

IMG_3023.jpg

I went back to Le Cellier to wait for our table. I took a picture of us together and it didn’t turn out very well. I went to start to take another one and a very nice lady offered to take our picture.

IMG_3025.jpg

See that sunburn? Yikes. It didn’t hurt that bad but it didn’t look pretty. Close to our actual reservation time we were seated.

IMG_3026.jpg

I love these wall sconces.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
We were at a nice half booth/half table in the corner of the restaurant. The little two top tables are okay but I hate the fact of how close you are to the table next to you. The whole dinner I was eavesdropping on the couple next to us. It wasn’t intentional, I swear. :lol: It’s hard not to hear what they are saying when you are that close.

We weren’t on the dining plan this trip but I couldn’t pass up getting the cheddar cheese soup as an appetizer. Wes was so sad because they didn’t have his chicken chipotle sausage on the menu anymore. Does anyone know where this went or if it is coming back? That was his favorite. He ended up splitting a bowl of the soup with me.

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

Sooooo delicious. I seriously could just eat the soup and the pretzel bread and be happy. I decided to limit myself on just one stick of pretzel bread so I could save room for my entrée. I got the filet for dinner since last trip I went with the hamburger instead, and Wes switched it up and tried the chicken.

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

Both entrees were delicious. Wes really liked the chicken.

We didn’t have any room left for desserts so we got the bill and decided to head back to the resort. We had seen IllumiNations the other night so we were okay missing it. We made our way to Future World and passed all of the people waiting for the fireworks. I was kind of sad to be missing them but like I mentioned earlier, Wes isn’t a big parade or fireworks person so I try not to push him into seeing them too many times in one trip. As we were approaching Spaceship Earth, IllumiNations started and scared me to death. :lol: We knew they were coming but our backs were to World Showcase so we didn’t see them. All we heard was a loud bang.

We caught a bus back to POFQ and called it an early night. Tomorrow was One More Disney Day so we had a very early morning!

Up next: One More Disney Day and time to go home :cry:

Howe

I'm loving your trip report!! You and Wes are so cute. Congratulations on finishing the half marathon! I did one back in 2010 in San Francisco... Don't know WHAT I was thinking when I signed up for those hills!!

Looks like a really fun trip. I used to live in New Orleans, so I never thought I would want to stay in either of the Port Orleans resorts, but after seeing your pictures maybe I will! It looks like a great resort!

PolynesianPrincess

[B]As we were sitting there enjoying our time together, four teenagers sat at the table right next to us. They started talking about how high they were and dropping the F-bomb along with some other fun words. Ugh. This is why teenagers bother me. Why do you have to pretend to be so “cool”?! You are at WDW. Get over yourselves and just act civilized. I don’t mind the foul language because I can talk like a sailor at times too but when you are at WDW with children around, you need to watch yourselves. I felt bad because there was a family with little kids right behind us and I am sure they could hear everything the teens were saying. They were really starting to annoy me so we finished our meal and instead of just sitting there and enjoying ourselves, we decided to leave the park. It was unfortunate that our night had to end with this annoyance but overall we had a really nice day. I was bummed that the weather wasn’t too great for our time at the MK but we ended up making the best of it. We left the park a little after 10.[/B]
We caught a bus back to POFQ and first thing I did was soak my feet in the bathtub to try to get the dye from my flip flops off. I scrubbed them three times while soaking them in warm water and couldn’t get the dye to completely come off. I was too tired to care so I gave up and went to bed around 11.

Up next: Last full day in the parks[/QUOTE]

OK THIS makes me totally angry.... I HATE when teenagers act like this. I have 3 teenage cousins and whenever they act like this, I put them right back in their place. If I was there I would have said something to them. I'm not the type of person to tolerate that stuff, especially when there are little kids around. I hope teenagers these days realize nothing they say like that makes them looks cool... It just makes them look really stupid! OK, end rant!! lol

Earle of Sandwich is so yummy!! :slurp: I've never had the BBq Hawaiian but it looks really good. I love ham and pineapple together. This might be my go to sandwich next month!

HopLow

I want the deer!!!!!!! That's going to be my goal on the next trip.

I am bummed we couldn't get to Earl of Sandwich on the last trip. I had made a mental note that I wanted to go, but somehow we were never hungry when we were in the area and it was too out of the way to go to DTD just for that. But your Hawaiian sandwich looks DELISH!! :slurp: Totally up my alley. Did you ever have the burger at Red Robin with the grilled pineapple and bbq sauce? It's my favorite. And in college, we would get pineapple pizza after going out. Apparently, I like pineapple on everything.

And how much more fun is Kim Possible with a little buzz going??? We had a great time and it made it all more challenging. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom