Hygene of water parks ... scientific research

JordanNite

Original Poster
And apparently one for excessive denial as well....

As i say, your tactic appears to create confrontation, deflect the topic i am talking about, and thus get the topic closed for whatever ego reason, so i'm not going to engage with you anymore.

lazyboy97o

It's not genuine to be concered about water parks? You've never thought about it?

Perhaps we are all have different concerns in life, be it aviation, crime, health, urinating in pools, etc ...
Again, you have been provided ample information regarding the minimum legal standards and pool maintenance. That you repeatedly refuse shows the concern to be irrational. Here is another set of information that you'll whine about because its not specifically about Walt Disney World. You're not going to get that information because it is irrelevant and even if you did you'd clearly make up reasons why it was not enough.
www.howstuffworks.com/swimming-pool.htm

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
As i say, your tactic appears to create confrontation, deflect the topic i am talking about, and thus get the topic closed for whatever ego reason, so i'm not going to engage with you anymore.

The only reason this thread should be closed is because your question has been asked and answered, multiple times over. But because the information doesn't have a header that reads "The Walt Disney Corporation" across the top you refuse to believe or accept it. That's not rational discussion, it's arguing for the sake of argument. And that's trolling.....

JordanNite

Original Poster
But the parks do look tempting, and my tickets will include admission into them.

Curious, but can you wear something like this?

2xu-r-3-race-wetsuit-blk-btb-mw2337c-2013.jpg

This will insulate me against urine, and/or feces, and other waterbourne contaminations. from others.

bubbles1812

I admitted what? Now whose trolling. What is it about you, that feels so threatened by this thread, that your only contribution time and time again is to accuse me of trolling ... not just pointing this out once, but numerous times. It's a sad indictment of you. This isn't your board. I'm free to post as i wish, till the moderator closes it. I am genuinlly concerned, get over it.
Actually, I think most people think you are trolling at this point. You've been provided multiple links, including the standards for Florida and for the county... Which include Disney World. But simply because there is no "Disney" heading on the top of those documents you seem to have developed an inability to read. Or you really just are that dense and apparently missed science past elementary school and reading comprehension past first grade. Or you are trolling. But again, all those codes and standards apply to Disney. It's not a hard thing to understand for anyone except for you.

And yes, I suppose you could wear that dumb looking suit. If it makes you happy, by all means wear it. Though be warned, germs are still going to be everywhere! And be on the look out for the DNA sharks... They like to swim around, chomp you, and then take your innards to Mickey for cloning.

Hot Lava

I have lived in more than one place where the local large water park has had issues (and even had parts closed) due to e coli contamination due to fecal matter combined with improper maintenance and chemical levels. It does completely skeeve me out, and I have not been to a water park in years. But part of that is also I am no longer a sun worshipper. Last time I was at a WDW water park, I spent the time sitting by one of the pools with a frozen drink.

But I would not take an infant to most water parks b/c enhanced threat e coli presents to infants.

That said, I think Disney is probably the most vigilant you are ever going to find for a water park. I would say they probably have the cleanest water parks going.

Water parks, pools and hot tubs all make me wonder.
Now hot tubs are a completely different story, due to the temperature of the water. I never, ever use a public hot tub - ever. On the scale of worries about water contamination issues, a hot tub is a million times more concerning than any swimming pool.

openendedsky

Honestly, you're best off treating this person and regarding his posts as if he's a troll.

Because it tends to have a lower specific gravity than water.
Not trying to sass you, but wouldn't that be more of an issue of density? Or
For some perspective, two areas that tend to be the most germ ridden:

1. Keyboards
2. Kitchen sink sponge

Public pools tend to do pretty well exactly because most are monitored daily. I have to believe WDW is on top of this and has among the cleanest pools.
If this kid ever uses a public computer, he's screwed. Who knows if anybody has their "genetic material" on it. :rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom