Hurricane Milton coming to FL

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Hopefully this will give companies an initiative to start moving all powerlines underground. It’s only a matter of time before it’ll be rare to see a powerline. Maybe this will make them consider how much better it can be when you’re in storm alley.
This comes up with every major hurricane. It's cheaper to replace/repair every couple of years than to bury the infrastructure.

Figgy1

Orlando this morning
1728566649485.png

Rescue Ranger

While we haven't ventured out much beyond our view from indoors looking out within the Disney Springs area - everything seems fine. Wind and rain have haulted for the most part. I don't even see any debris. Not even many leaves. The umbrellas even stayed in place. Never lost power. Walt Disney World looks to have fortunately avoided any serious impact beyond water pooling in low lying areas.

Not sure if they will decide or if it's even possible to reopen anything earlier than expected this afternoon/evening but the conditions(only from what I can view and what we experienced) didn't seem anywhere near as serious in the area as projected.

celluloid

While we haven't ventured out much beyond our view from indoors looking out within the Disney Springs area - everything seems fine. Wind and rain have haulted for the most part. I don't even see any debris. Not even many leaves. The umbrellas even stayed in place. Never lost power. Walt Disney World looks to have fortunately avoided any serious impact beyond water pooling in low lying areas.

Not sure if they will decide or if it's even possible to reopen anything earlier than expected this afternoon/evening but the conditions(only from what I can view and what we experienced) didn't seem anywhere near as serious in the area as projected.
The thing is, they need humans to operate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom