Hurricane Milton coming to FL

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Hard disagree, if I'm an international tourist and I'm stuck on site anyway, I'm sure as hell going to be taking advantage of the quiet parks. I've got nothing else to do, nowhere to evac to, and a room to go back to knowing I'll be taken care of. As calous as that might sound its just the facts, you're there, cant leave, so make the most of it.

My PSA: If you're staying on site and stuck and NOT in a theme park taking advantage of how quiet it is you're nuts.

Been in the exact situation a number of times (UK), and some of those days have turned out to be the best for getting a ton done that you'd otherwise have spent half a day queueing for.

I’m not gonna disagree with you…but I guess I’m more big picture.

I know the holiday schedule…it’s not great when it comes to hurricane season in the Atlantic basin.

Sometimes you get the bear and sometimes the bear gets you 🐻

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
With all of this, I wonder if this might influence people's decision in the future to take a WDW vacation in September/October, as that timing would obviously increase the risk of a vacation-interrupting hurricane along with the anxiety/fear of riding it out while at WDW.
We always book our trips in January/February or September/October to avoid crowds. For the later, we book knowing this is a risk, high risk recently. We are fortunately to live within a 7 hour drive so we can always pull the plug (and have) on trips and rebook. That said if I was flying internationally to WDW, I'd seriously reconsider those months.

Eric Graham

They are in Cape Coral. Their Tornado Warning keeps getting extended as more touchdown. They heard what they thought was one during Ian but were never sure because the power was out. They saw on the news the tornadoes going right through their neighborhood roads on the map. These same sounds of the one near them has them confirfming that is what it was two years ago.

This is what makes me frustrated as people say "The Hurricane is 200 miles away" type statements. The parks are going to close right when this tornado heavy producing weather is over Central FL.
oh, sw florida...thought it was near Destin, but apparently I was totally wrong.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
We always book our trips in January/February or September/October to avoid crowds. For the later, we book knowing this is a risk, high risk recently. We are fortunately to live within a 7 hour drive so we can always pull the plug (and have) on trips and rebook. That said if I was flying internationally to WDW, I'd seriously reconsider those months.
…those are pretty much the times I avoid now due to crowds.

October sux…January/February not much better.

100% Disneys fault…by choice.

TalkToEthan

The eye will not just disappear when the storm makes landfall. The storm is going to cross the entire state.
Yes, yes indeed. And rereading what I wrote below I can see why you responded with that.

[“””TalkToEthan said:
You were saying storm’s eye will be directly over your house which is generalized prime coastline and you’re not in evac zone????”””]

At first TehPuddingMan (but few posts later adjusted to 20 miles inland because he used Sarasota as a reference point) said he was in Sarasota which is quite coastal: this storm’s eye + Sarasota had me questioning the no evac order……. not that I was under the impression that an eye somehow stops at landfall.

Disstevefan1

1728492891620.png

durangojim

With all of this, I wonder if this might influence people's decision in the future to take a WDW vacation in September/October, as that timing would obviously increase the risk of a vacation-interrupting hurricane along with the anxiety/fear of riding it out while at WDW.
I'm more worried about having influenza during a trip there in Jan/Feb than I am about experiencing a life threatening hurricane during hurricane season at WDW. That being said, I'm sure it will affect some people but this isn't anywhere near the first time WDW has had a hurricane.

celluloid

I'm more worried about having influenza during a trip there in Jan/Feb than I am about experiencing a life threatening hurricane during hurricane season at WDW. That being said, I'm sure it will affect some people but this isn't anywhere near the first time WDW has had a hurricane.

There is being prepared, but there is also the balance of every time being the first.

Be prepared and treat a major storm with the same respect you do with every time you get influenza.

Last edited:

durangojim

There is being prepared, but there is also the balance of every time being the first.

Be prepared and treat a major storm with the same respect you do with every time you get influenza.
I agree, I'm just wondering what casualties, deaths, etc have occurred at WDW? I don't remember hearing about any but I could very well be wrong.

Lilofan

Hopefully for all safety all the guests remain in their hotel rooms during Milton and not act like a fool and venture outside and start vlogging. If they get hurt / need assistance during the high winds - no one is coming to help you.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Is this the first time they covered the main street & castle lamps? I don't remember if they did this before
View attachment 819903
View attachment 819904
Photos from WDNT:
I never recall that before

For reference (cause it’s not obvious)…wdw almost NEVER gets strong TS/hurricane force gale winds.

They have gotten heavy winds and damage at times…but they’re always on the ebb due to the 60 miles of land it has to cross.

We shall see. The last storm with lots of damage I recall was Ivan? In 2004. What did Ian do?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom