Hurricane Milton coming to FL

Gringrinngghost

Update from Universal:

To TMs from Universal:
All Team Members should report to work as scheduled for Wednesday, October 9, unless given further direction from your management team. We are planning a normal schedule for Team Members starting with third shift on Thursday, October 10.

We understand that some Team Members may have extenuating circumstances related to the storm that will affect their ability to report to work and we will remain flexible. If this is the case, please follow normal call-in protocols.

Team Members may secure their personal vehicles and park at their own risk in TeamPark or our parking structures at CityWalk. You must be prepared to show your UO ID to Security. Please note that Team Members electing to do so will have limited or no access to their vehicle until the "all-clear" is given to return.

FigmentFan82

Now be an employee and try to have time to prep without calling out.

At UOR some back of house departments are work at home starting tomorrow due to them finding it unsafe for staff to come in… but front of house, y’all have to come in.
Talking about the public, not employees. Read before you respond please.

Gringrinngghost

Talking about the public, not employees. Read before you respond please.
And I was talking about how employee's are not told of plans before the public in this matter...

1728412693741.png

TMs I know who are working by the way didn't hear of the operational update UNTIL I sent them a text.

SoFloMagic

I don't find this to be true. Tampa and the Bay gets plenty of damage, even from storms as recently as well, two weeks ago. However, what is true is that there has not been a direct major storm make landfall in Tampa in 103 years.
That's what I mean. I feel like theres always an expectation that the storms will turn and not go into the bay directly. And for 100 years they have. So to see the NHC doubling down on a near-direct hit is concerning.

celluloid

That's what I mean. I feel like theres always an expectation that the storms will turn and not go into the bay directly. And for 100 years they have. So to see the NHC doubling down on a near-direct hit is concerning.

For sure. Hopefully everyone is preparing for that potential as nothing is ever zero. And Fort Myers, for Ian, was not even in the cone of uncertainy.

In the same sense, no one in Orlando should be thinking they are only destined for gusts less than Charley.

Winter

We’re now leaning more towards the NC, TN, KY area but after last week even those inland areas aren’t looking all that safe from natural disasters.

I desperately want to live in a less congested, and green, area but with a paid off house in (mostly safe) Vegas sometimes it feels like it makes more sense to just stay put and travel more.
The Northeast is very green and doesn't have many natural disasters.

MerlinTheGoat

Sorry for the very quick and dirty cut snapshot, I had to be quick and didn't grab everything I wanted to. But I grabbed this just now off WESH's live stream-

1728412642854.png

Polk and even further south earlier are seemingly being forecast to have the worst gusts at possibly 100 mph or so. North of Kissimmee has lower wind forecasts. Like high end tropical storm to low Cat 1. We'll see.

Tom Terry on WFTV didn't show a diagram like this for Orange and the other central counties, but repeated the same information verbally. He noted that he doesn't like to report winds as high as what is claimed by the nationally provided maps due to the real trends being much lower. He often knows his stuff during these types of storms, but i'm not sure I want to feel any relief yet given the warnings coming out from the NHC.

Ayla

What would you like them to say? If they've not actually figured out when they will close (which isnt unreasonable nor unexpected, you dont make calls like this early and end up with parks sitting empty when they didnt need to be) then all they can say is what every single person knows - they MAY close at some point.

This is no different from any other closure operationally speaking, you make the call as late as possible, and only once you've got all the details. They're following the same practices as every other park in the area has followed for decades.

We'll no doubt be getting that announcement very, very soon so its a bit of a non issue.
It is now almost 3pm eastern and zero updates on their webpage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom