Hurricane Milton coming to FL

MerlinTheGoat

Another screengrab showing some of the local projected wind speeds (these are sustained I believe, and WFTV is largely reporting the same thing). At the moment the further south areas are projected to get it worse. It was a time lapse and going a bit fast, I saw Orlando briefly jump to 70-something but didn't catch it in time. Remember that these do not include gusts, which can reach a fair bit higher. Cat 1 winds are 74-95 mph sustained, while Cat 2 winds are 96-110 mph sustained. This can and probably will change too, so don't make risky decisions based off of this.

1728413705372.png

I'm roughly between downtown Orlando and Kissimmee, bit closer to the former.

celluloid

Another screengrab showing some of the local projected wind speeds (these are sustained I believe, and WFTV is largely reporting the same thing). At the moment the further south areas are projected to get it worse. It was a time lapse and going a bit fast, I saw Orlando briefly jump to 70-something but didn't catch it in time. Remember that these do not include gusts, which can reach a fair bit higher. Cat 1 winds are 74-95 mph sustained, while Cat 2 winds are 96-110 mph sustained. This can and probably will change too, so don't make risky decisions based off of this.

View attachment 819754

It is going to change every hour or two at this point. Particularly as it hits the area where it may rise north.

Gringrinngghost

Wasn't discussing employees

And I was not talking about employees being notified. Thanks for missing my point too
You stated "Since it's been known, why does Disney need to also inform people. If you're in a area that could be affected badly, do something. Don't wait for Disney to say something." in a reply to: "Nobody is suggesting a 4-5 day closure, but providing enough advance notice to park guests that a park may close earlier than expected in order to allow CMs enough time to prepare their own homes is necessary. We knews for a few days now that the Central Florida area will be impacted somehow by heavy rains and winds for Wed/Thr, why not start giving notice in advance? Central Florida has been in the center of the track for days now."

So reading comprehension has taught me the following: You stated that why does Disney need to inform people to do something before the storm hits in a reply to not "Don't wait for Disney to say something." Well... cast members aren't informed about operational changes before the public are, and usually if they do its at most a 20 minute warning. TWENTY MINUTES. So... how can Cast members who have to come in because they can't afford to not come to work do something? Spoiler alert they cant. So I would advise you to be rather clear with your statement because it is rather general and ambiguous. Or in the future know that Disney does not accept responsibility to being someone’s therapy because they don’t wanna go to a therapist.

Last edited:

Mr. Sullivan

“Disney does a great job taking care of you during a hurricane”. Just as soon as they make sure they’re the last to blink
As has been echoed numerous times in this thread, they’re not doing anything differently than they ever have. They have never made any sort of closure announcement as early as people are saying they should’ve. They are in the process of their phased lockdown and none of that so far has required guests knowing about it. Why is Disney doing what they have always done in this situation suddenly an issue? They’ve clearly been preparing for a couple days and have clearly been working with Universal and SeaWorld on the plan. Just because the others got their announcements out a couple hours sooner doesn’t mean Disney was waiting to be the last or that they’re dragging their feet. They’re following their procedure.

Also, yea they DO do a great job taking care of people during these events. We’ve seen them do it many times. People on property will have food, water, electricity, and access to help if they need it.

Ayla

This storm is expected to widen (by a lot) and speed up right before landfall, which is why the higher winds are going to go much further (farther?) inland. Anyone in the path of this storm is going to see massive tree damage and power outages, along with flash flooding.

MerlinTheGoat

Tom Terry on WFTV says he's surprised the NHC is predicting a Cat 2 for the Orlando area, and seems to think that might be overstating it. He seems to think there's a possibility it will weaken beforehand and get sheared off somewhat. Though he does say the potential can't be written off. Tony Mainolfi on WESH was a bit more bold about contradicting the NHC's forecast and said he thinks it will weaken and track a bit more south.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom