Hurricane Milton coming to FL

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Parkinson said the latest advisory from the National Hurricane Center suggests a peak at Category 4 and a landfall intensity of Category 3.

"As always, this far out, people need to prepare for one category above, which means preparations should be for a Category 5 maximum, and a strong Category 4 landfall," Parkinson said.

Landfall location is key

Forecast models show Milton headed for Florida's west coast. The direction Milton approaches from is a large concern, Parkinson said. Instead of running parallel to the coast, Milton is coming in at a 90-degree angle.

"That means that storm surge will be piled into the coast," Parkinson said, comparing it to what happened in New Jersey during Hurricane Sandy.

Ayla

People need to evacuate from the West Coast. But a Cat 4 hurricane isn't hitting Central Florida.
We have this type of crap every single time a hurricane heads for east or west central FL. If you don't live there, you don't need to be there. Finite resources don't need to be used for tourists who could have left but chose not to, because Disney!! There is going to be massive amounts of tree damage and widespread power outages, at minimum, in central FL.

Yodasnuggs

With all due respect, this is a pretty limited and ignorant statement. We were there for Ian. Flights were cancelled before our DVC room reservation was up (MCO closed Tuesday at noon, if memory serves, and we were supposed to leave Wednesday evening). We had gotten off a cruise ship on Monday morning. Disney was at least generous enough to force us to use points for the additional nights we had to stay because there were no flights out and all car rental agencies at the airport were also closing. 🙄
I'm glad someone said this. While I am in complete agreement that annoying who was to arrive yesterday/today/tomorrow should absolutely change their plans, it's not necessarily as easy as people are making it out to be for current guests to get out. There are only a finite number of planes, trains and automobiles leaving Orlando at this point. Compared to the number of guests who are already on vacation....I'm assuming the math doesn't math.

Anyway, I hope locals and current guests alike stay safe!

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We have this type of crap every single time a hurricane heads for east or west central FL. If you don't live there, you don't need to be there. Finite resources don't need to be used for tourists who could have left but chose not to, because Disney!! There is going to be massive amounts of tree damage and widespread power outages, at minimum, in central FL.

I live about 1.5 miles from Flamingo Crossing. So I LIVE here. Was here for Ian. Milton will be my 8th hurricane in Florida.

Even the governor has told people to evacuate 10 to 20 miles inland.

Lilofan

I'm glad someone said this. While I am in complete agreement that annoying who was to arrive yesterday/today/tomorrow should absolutely change their plans, it's not necessarily as easy as people are making it out to be for current guests to get out. There are only a finite number of planes, trains and automobiles leaving Orlando at this point. Compared to the number of guests who are already on vacation....I'm assuming the math doesn't math.

Anyway, I hope locals and current guests alike stay safe!
Once the winds get to 60 mph and more it is taking your life in your hands to be on the road driving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom