Hurricane Matthew

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Of course the real question if Matthew comes ashore and does severe damage to WDW necessitating the indefinite closure of one or more park or hotel complexes does WDW rebuild or take the insurance money and leave the facilities to rot as per River Country post hurricane
That would seem so unlikely as to not even be worth discussing.

Kate Alan

I've been here with friends since the weekend and my sister was scheduled to meet me this Friday. She's driving up tonight instead - we'll do what we can Thursday AM and hunker down in the resort if WDW closes the parks late Thursday/Friday. Right now looks like the weekend and Monday still have decent forecasts, so hoping the whole trip won't be a wash for her (no pun intended). Our concern right now is with our friends and family in the storms path.

Disney4family

I'm supposed to fly down Friday morning. I guess I have to cancel. I don't know what to do. There's no availability for any other flight. I need a miracle or a good cry. :( It was supposed to be my b'day trip.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Okay. I'm east of you in Tallahassee. It's about 4 and half hours to WDW for me.

I'm in Tally also. It's 4 hours for me, with pit stops, from front door to entrance on Western. But I live right by I-10.....

So how long were you without power after Her-Mean?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Omg I LOVED that game!!!!! :) ;)

Hah, hah. I'm just hoping we can find a defense before October 29th.....

Don't think the ACC needs that outside firm anymore to determine the Atlantic Division winner for the December 3rd game. I'm just hoping we don't have a loosing season....

Wonder if Mickey Andrews could be convinced to come out of retirement for the rest of the season...Kelly needs to go.

JohnD

Original Poster
I'm in Tally also. It's 4 hours for me, with pit stops, from front door to entrance on Western. But I live right by I-10.....

So how long were you without power after Her-Mean?

Thursday night through Saturday afternoon. At 2:30 pm, I was standing in MK (he he) when my Alarm app notified me that the alarm system was on low power. I then knew that power was back on. I left Tally early that Saturday morning for a Labor Day weekend trip primarily to see MSEP for the last time. The next day I was in Epcot and fatigue caught up with me. So I went back to the resort and took a nap in the A/C with the overhead fan going. I thought of those still without power in Tally. ;)

JohnD

Original Poster

Don't think the ACC needs that outside firm anymore to determine the Atlantic Division winner for the December 3rd game. I'm just hoping we don't have a loosing season....

Wonder if Mickey Andrews could be convinced to come out of retirement for the rest of the season...Kelly needs to go.

I'll occasionally check my ESPN app for the score. I'm back at WDW 10/29-11/4. :)

21stamps

Most of my heart is with the Buckeyes, a good portion of it though is with the Canes. I'm looking forward to the day when they are back on top of the ACC! Sorry, but I despise FSU, closely followed by the Gators, and rounding out my top 3 NCAA Hate would be the Wolverines. Completely jumbled, I know.lol

JohnD

Original Poster
The OSU Michigan game is our second day at WDW. We won't be at the parks..I'll be ordering room service and watching the tv. :)

It's your vacation. For myself, don't know specific time yet of FSU-Clemson game. Maybe 8pm due to teams playing? If so, I'll be in CG enjoying a good meal before watching Wishes. If earlier, I'll either be on the road (game is 12:00-3:30) or in MK (game is 3:30-7:00) before my ADR.

peter11435

Of course the real question if Matthew comes ashore and does severe damage to WDW necessitating the indefinite closure of one or more park or hotel complexes does WDW rebuild or take the insurance money and leave the facilities to rot as per River Country post hurricane
Please leave. Your unique brand of delusional hyperbole is always unwanted and unnecessary.

21stamps

It's your vacation. For myself, don't know specific time yet of FSU-Clemson game. Maybe 8pm due to teams playing? If so, I'll be in CG enjoying a good meal before watching Wishes. If earlier, I'll either be on the road (12:00-3:00) or in MK (3:30-7:00) before my ADR.
Same here.. Time is still TBD. I'm hoping it's in the evening. Crowd levels are predicted 9/10 that day, so I'd skip the parks either way. We have a 2pm brunch scheduled at 1900 park fare and just planning on relaxing, maybe monorail hopping, swim if warm enough, and a sea Raycer...hopefully time to squeeze in a drink at Mizner's. We can watch the EWP and Wishes from the room if it's a night game..that's what we did last year on Labor Day when OSU played, it actually ended up being one of my favorite days..probably because it was the only one that didn't have a strict schedule besides breakfast ADR and kickoff.

JennSmith

We are here now..we were planning on leaving early Saturday morning...like 7am. Heading towards atlanta, Chattanooga, Lexington KY. Do you guys think we'll even be able to get out at that point? Also, if we leave tomorrow am, will we be able to get gas between here and there??? What would you guys do?

Dubman

During our October 2004 trip I remember seeing lots of blue tarps on the roofs of houses on the way from the airport to WDW.. That year was active for Central Florida.. Had Frances in early September, then Ivan and Jeanne in late September. Only damage I remember seeing in the parks was at the Off Kilter stage. Jamie commented during their show that Ivan wreaked havoc on the roof to the stage. (the roof was only made from a tarp like material)

Edit: Forgot about Charley in early August.. Very active that year!

Hopefully Matthews' effects will be minimal as well...

IMG_0007.JPG

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom