Hurricane Matthew

JohnD

Original Poster
What about Mickeys Not So scary on Friday :'(

Don't know. Forecast shows MK likely closed during the day. In the evening it's cloudy and windy. Enough to cancel the party?

image.png

beertiki

We are at Disney now. Bus driver made an announcement saying all buses and parks will be open unless it's cat 5. We are supposed to check out on Friday and drive home to key west. Might be staying until Saturday. My predictions, Thursday, morning will be fine, wind increasing all day, Thursday night, very windy, Friday, decide if it is too windy and rainy to drive. A little wobble of 50 miles will make the difference between it being real bad here, or just a windy day.

21stamps

We are at Disney now. Bus driver made an announcement saying all buses and parks will be open unless it's cat 5. We are supposed to check out on Friday and drive home to key west. Might be staying until Saturday. My predictions, Thursday, morning will be fine, wind increasing all day, Thursday night, very windy, Friday, decide if it is too windy and rainy to drive. A little wobble of 50 miles will make the difference between it being real bad here, or just a windy day.
Be safe! I'm sure you already know this, but hopefully you've already filled up the gas tank.
Multi hour lines for fuel is one of the very few things that I don't miss about my beloved state..

MissMaryEli

I'm curious, do you think that the storm this week will have an effect on crowd levels next week? What I mean is, are crowds historically heavier the week following a hurricane or tropical storm?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Wilma closed the parks in 2005 as a category 2.

fotofx

Disney Rule 1: NEVER Listen to the bus drivers....

biggy H

Currentlying at the Boardwalk and the only message we have had is that Disney is monitoring the situation. We also have a villa which is in the next county and they only have a tropical storm watch. Unless the eye comes closer or makes landfall then I reckon it will just be windy.. nothing we don't get at home every winter.

Dubman

Wilma was a beast.
Matthew won't cross the state.

That said, I never trust the forecasts until it's imminent. I just hope this one stays off the coast.

One of the reports this morning, the Today Show, said long range forecasters are calling for Matthew to curl off the North Carolina coast, move back to the south and cross over southern Florida into the gulf of Mexico. Still lots of uncertainty, but that is one of the possible solutions going into mid to late next week.

http://www.today.com/video/hurricane-matthew-when-and-where-could-it-hit-the-us-779573827973

21stamps

One of the reports this morning, the Today Show, said long range forecasters are calling for Matthew to curl off the North Carolina coast, move back to the south and cross over southern Florida into the gulf of Mexico. Still lots of uncertainty, but that is one of the possible solutions going into mid to late next week.

http://www.today.com/video/hurricane-matthew-when-and-where-could-it-hit-the-us-779573827973

I've been watching, didn't see that one.. But I don't doubt what they're saying. I've prepared so many times..and then the storm changes path and hits somewhere else or weaker than it was. I had a house full of guests who evacuated from Key West to my house for Wilma.. And then Wilma changed and hit us instead, leaving them stuck at my house for a week. No power, no water, lived on the top floor, generator went out day 3 and we had to literally carry buckets down 20 flights of stairs to retrieve water from the pool.
Hell is the only way to describe that situation.

It's almost addicting to watch a storm's path..and people should always prepare.. It's just tough to know what's going to actually happen until closer to. I don't envy the meteorologists in these situations.

I don't know if I would cancel my trip at this point, but I definitely wouldn't be thrilled.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom