Hurricane Matthew

deeevo

Euro model has it smacking Daytona in 72 hours

ecmwf_mslp_uv850_watl_4.png

JohnD

Original Poster
Lots of weather stupidity in this thread. Really amazes me how idiotic people are when it comes to hurricanes. But I digress.

Yet this picture doesn't show the ENTIRE Peninsula covered by the storm. Proving my point right.

Notice I made the comment before the updated advisories this afternoon. How about not jumping down my throat okay? At 7:30 this morning there were still not anticipating major impacts to Central Florida so forgive me for not being able to peek into the future.

My image showed Hermine affected WDW even when it hit up in the Big Bend. These things cut wide swaths. As for Matthew, I was up at 6:30 this morning and the forecast track was already shifted westward. I don't blame you for not knowing until you woke up and saw the next report. Matthew, OTOH, is skirting right up the east coast. It's a Cat Three storm. Rain bands are likely to cover the entire peninsula (which the Big Bend isn't by the way) and not all at the same time either as it travels south to north.

JohnD

Original Poster
Euro model has it smacking Daytona in 72 hours

ecmwf_mslp_uv850_watl_4.png

The Euro model also showed Hermine smacking New Orleans as Cat 2 or greater storm. Better to look at all the models together and see where they agree. This model could be an outlier.

drp4video

21 Stamps said: This is the difference between a tourist and a Floridian.

We're idiots and sit on our balconies til the last possible minute.. And then inside watching through our floor to ceiling glass (example Me- staying in my condo in an evac zone) as it passes by...lol

this is DRP don't know how to post a reply that is not in a quote. I just wanted to say that I get it because we get Tornado's here in Michigan and many of us, myself included, hear the sirens, sit outside and watch the sky get dark, the wind pick up, then go in when the rain starts, and then run downstairs when it looks like...uh oh......

JohnD

Original Poster
Models show the hurricane cone of uncertainty closer to Florida. Forecasts still show WDW experiencing tropical storm force winds between 35 and 50 mph.

Daveeeeed

Models show the hurricane cone of uncertainty closer to Florida. Forecasts still show WDW experiencing tropical storm force winds between 35 and 50 mph.
That's very high though, that paired with rain the fireworks outdoor attractions and just walking around will be miserable, and that's if they don't reduce hours or close the park. We may have to cancel our trip.

JohnD

Original Poster
That's very high though, that paired with rain the fireworks outdoor attractions and just walking around will be miserable, and that's if they don't reduce hours or close the park. We may have to cancel our trip.

It depends on how long your trip is and if you're able to get to Orlando before the hurricane arrives. You could hunker down in your resort and wait for it to pass. At worse, you might miss one day in the parks.

mousehockey37

It depends on how long your trip is and if you're able to get to Orlando before the hurricane arrives. You could hunker down in your resort and wait for it to pass. At worse, you might miss one day in the parks.

There are youtube videos from past tropical storms that show they bring characters to the lobbies of the resorts and such to entertain guests while the storms are passing. So they do have some plans for things like this.

JohnD

Original Poster
To round out my original question about MSEP, the remaining parades are tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday. It doesn't look like they'll be affected by the hurricane and will end as scheduled. :(

Eddie Garrison

Just keeping an eye on it for now. Long way off from the Orlando area even if it tracks more Westward.

Should just bring stronger than normal winds and lots of rain. It rains here a lot, just not for all that long. We'll see what happens.

Lost three houses from hurricanes while living in Pensacola, Florida in Erin, Opal & Ivan. I don't suspect it will be too bad here near the parks. We're heading out to EPCOT here shortly for some Food & Wine fun. We'll be asking the CM's we are friends with what Disney has planned for this storm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom