Hurricane Matthew

PhotoDave219

I am sure they do, but they also have cut off dates as to when they can be added.

I would expect each company to be a little different but for most, coverage will not go into effect for 30 days after purchase and many will not even sell it to you once you are in the projected path of a storm.

At one point - not saying this is the way it is now, but was in 2004 when i was shopping for insurance - Some companies allowed you to purchase up until watches & warnings were issued. The instant they issued those, they wouldn't cover you.

The 30 day rule sounds about right. Anyone who owns property on a coastline and doesnt carry hurricane, homeowners, and flood insurance is a fool.

21stamps

We were cross-typing. See my post above regarding the hurricane track.
Just read it.

I'm not in complete disagreement. I have no love lost for either Florida or LSU...but I do think it was a tough call to make. I do understand why they did it..still don't know if it was completely necessary, but do understand. No matter what decision they would have made you're still going to have a lot of angry people.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I want to commend all the CMs who showed up to work at DS last night. Many of them were in unfamiliar work locations, not their usual assignment, all to help the guests. Those who showed up displayed nothing but a strong desire to assists guests with getting them out and giving them options in an unfavorable situation. My hat is off to those working DS last night, they were truly phenomenal.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Social media is going absolutely crazy over this.
But-Don't lump Gainesville with SoFla!! They aren't southerners!! ;)

Meanwhile in Southern Florida.. A better game will be played tonight :)

Yeah! And we know how that turned out....

8a8ef54ae76c71c2512de652e5a1c338.jpg

LAKid53

Premium Member
Lol true.

Regarding the Gator game though, I do think it was a mistake. I understand why it was done..but they maybe should have held off a few days before cancelling. I am in complete agreement that it should not have been moved to LSU. That would have been unfair.

I thought the LSU-UF game was going to be played tomorrow. Did I miss something?

LAKid53

Premium Member
Social media is going absolutely crazy over this.
But-Don't lump Gainesville with SoFla!! They aren't southerners!! ;)

Meanwhile in Southern Florida.. A better game will be played tonight :)

You saying Hogtown aren't Sotherners?! My god, they are the ipitomy of Southerners....

BTW, Hogtown was the original name of Gainesville, named for the Hog River. Aptly named, quite frankly. And I'm not saying that because I'm a Nole, saying that because I've been there several times.....

LAKid53

Premium Member
I have that pin!

I have several. Meg Crofton is an FSU alum and whenever she was on campus for an alumni event, a lot of us would wear it.

@21stamps has been strangely quiet. Him, wonder why? Nice to see one of those kicks go our way for a change. But that was a nail bitting final 3 minutes. I think I aged 10 years. :D

JohnD

Original Poster
I have several. Meg Crofton is an FSU alum and whenever she was on campus for an alumni event, a lot of us would wear it.

@21stamps has been strangely quiet. Him, wonder why? Nice to see one of those kicks go our way for a change. But that was a nail bitting final 3 minutes. I think I aged 10 years. :D

That field was so littered with trash you'd swear a hurricane blew through. Looks like it went wide left.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Matthew's over. Time for really important news, like when does Rivers of Light begin?

Maybe never. A regular on the runDisney threads who ran in the DLP Half Marathon mentioned that runDisney announced an evening race would be added to the current lineup. My understanding is that the Everest Challenge was was cancelled because of RoL - the race was run in the evening. So we're thinking, given how popular runDisney events are, that runDisney is going to have an evening race in AK. Too much is happening at DHS to add a new race in that park.

LAKid53

Premium Member
That field was so littered with trash you'd swear a hurricane blew through. Looks like it went wide left.

It wasn't clear, did they penalize Miami for the fans littering the field? Because that is a penalty. I'm just thankful none of our players got hit by any of the stuff the students were throwing. I wish one of the few cops there had seen the kid encouraging those around him to throw stuff onto the field. I know @21stamps thinks FSU fans are bad, but viewers just saw what those of us who have watched and/or attended that game for years have known about Miami fans. Not classy to litter your own field when you disagree with a call. Puts them at the same level as UF fans.

danv3

Got out of North Carolina just in time to avoid the worst up there and arrive in Orlando to find it sunny and warm. At the Boardwalk and AK, as well as the drive from the airport, there's essentially no evidence a storm even occurred. I saw one palm tree down by the airport.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom