Hurricane Matthew

PhotoDave219

Wow. This just got real. I confirmed with my friend that is a friend of jasmine and she said this may only be the second or third time in history that the parks are closed. I think the last was hurricane Charlie.

I think @wdwmagic said Wilma but at this point we're splitting hairs. Its been over ten years since this last happened, yes.

JohnD

Original Poster
MK is closing at 5 today according to their official website.

MK and Epcot shown as closed tomorrow and until 5pm today. Only a matter of time until posting for HS and AK.

image.png

image.png

disney4life2008

Who knows what the future holds, but I find WDW's (and UOR's) handling of the situation to be flippant. For the CMs not planning on riding out the storm on property, the scheduling doesn't seem to have been very accommodating.

My thought is this. Unlike a grocery store or similar, those can shut down with no issue. But where guests are, you need staff. So they may be working other parts of the resort. When you work in the tourism industry, that is one of the creeds. The guests are first priority. Look at the work of Rosen. Im sure many of my ucf rosen students would confirm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom