Hurricane Irma

Cmdr_Crimson

Really? Didn't know. Security or a grounds crew JUST got there. All gates are open now. Can't tell you how tempted I was to sprint an take a pic. But I'm not that crazy.
IMG_4172.jpg

IMG_4171.jpg

IMG_4173.jpg

Just a curious question.....Was the park music loop playing in the area or was it quiet?

Roknrollrghostr

For those of you asking about the animals, while I of course can't speak for the parks, I can say that all animals at the lodge were brought to safety. You could hear some of them making noises in the building they were being held in. Interestingly, the springbok were the last to go in (they were still out on the savannah until the early evening) and the first to get out. They are already out on the grounds this morning.

Woke up to a message from the hotel saying that due to the curfew we were being asked to remain inside our room. I'm pretty sure she used the word "room" instead of resort and I am going to leave my room to go check out what's going on. Glad to hear from you guys in the area and know that you are safe.

Figment82

I'm so thankful that it sounds like, for the most part, damage in the central Florida area wasn't too terrible. It's still pretty gusty at times here, but nothing like it was earlier this morning, and it's great to finally see the sun!

We're hoping to take a walk around the neighborhood later to assess everything, but for the most part we seem to have been extremely lucky. Never lost power, which is amazing for this area. Thank you so much to those of you sending in photos from property - even the curfew-breaking pics. ;)

andysol

freesvoice

There's no need to apologise. Despite the devastation, a holiday to WDW still takes a lot of time and money to plan and you're allowed to be upset about it. People shouldn't be so rudely shooting you down IMO. I hope your rescheduled trip turns out to be amazing!
Agreed. Especially considering you did the right thing and rescheduled your trip! Appreciate the updates from inside WDW but kind of ironic that someone who didn't cancel their trip because they didn't want to miss out on Disney is calling you out for being sad about rescheduling. Your spring trip will be great, and we are all so thankful things weren't as bad as expected in central Florida.

MOXOMUMD

Ok. Here is a wdwmagic exclusive

I went ahead and decided to use the walking path to MK to see the damage. Saw no one on my walk. No one there. No grounds clean up. No security. Just me.

Damage not bad. Just limbs and bulbs- maybe 6 globes broken.
Walking path to MK
IMG_4150.jpg

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg
IMG_4154.jpg
IMG_4155.jpg
IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4157.jpg
IMG_4158.jpg
IMG_4160.jpg
IMG_4161.jpg

These are the lights that were wrapped (fans are too). Only 1/5 or so of the bulbs had this on them. Guessing they ran out?
IMG_4162.jpg

I took these about 10-15 mins ago. I forgot to take video so just went back and took some. Someone on a golf cart went inside. Entrances and gates are now open. I have video and pics I'll send to Steve @wdwmagic so he can post.
Thanks for the pics. I wonder what the tree damage in the animal areas of Animal Kingdom is.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom