Trip Report Hurricane Idalia, Football and Adventures New and Old

Hello Friends!

My husband (Josh) and I (Heather) just returned yesterday from a great trip and I can't wait to share all of the crazy and fun details here soon!!

IMG_0928.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I've been trying to figure out what to do with all of R's bottles when we move because right now we don't have space for half of what he has. The allocated ones are in one of my antique pieces hidden away, others are spread throughout my kitchen so much so that I struggle to find room for my potatoes. And then unopened bottled are hanging out under the bed away from sight. I hope he doesn't buy anymore until after the move lol. We can never find any of the Wellers, which I see in your pic, because they are always gone before we get to the store. We saw one house for sale that was FULL of rare bourbon and I seriously thought my husband would croak :) Candleberry has a candle that smells EXACTLY like a bourbon warehouse when the fumes are released from the barrels. It's soooo good.

And I don't know what made me laugh more - the sudsy feet in the rain or him ordering a Caesar salad at the Mexican restaurant. He definitely gave you a lot of stories that will live on in memory that day LOL.
Wow sounds like he has a lot. I'm glad Josh has his own room to keep all his stuff in!
I will have to check out that candle!
I'm still laughing at the suds :hilarious: Lots of memories made.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Aug 30, cont.
Once we got to Gran Destino, we went right up to our room. We called Bell Services to bring up our bags. Right away, I recognized this window from @sheriffwoody report. We were on the 5th floor in room 539.

IMG_0863.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

Right at roof level, but directly across we could see the Tower of Terror. We could also see the Spaceship Earth and Epcot fireworks at night.
IMG_0865.jpg

We got a king size bed and the room was huge! We loved the look and size.
IMG_0867.jpg

It didn't take long for our bags to arrive. We got into dried up and took a good nap before dinner. Once we got up for dinner the rain had stopped. We were off to Disney Springs.
IMG_0871.jpg

I could just eat this bread for dinner, honestly.
IMG_0872.jpg

We also ordered the firecracker shrimp for appetizer, but didn't get a picture.

I got the filet mignon sliders and truffle fries. I loved the sliders but didn't like the truffle fries as much as I did last time.
IMG_0873.jpg

Josh got the "Yacht Club" Club. This was nice and fresh tasting although could have used more sauce. Was just a tad on the dry side.
IMG_0874.jpg

There's turkey under there somewhere!

After dinner, there was a band playing right outside, so we sat and listened to them for awhile and took in this sunset. What a change from the morning, right? It was gorgeous and there was a nice breeze. It was a perfect evening.
IMG_0875.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We walked around a little bit. I was hoping to try Gideon's but wasn't waiting in that long line.
IMG_0876.jpg

We ended up getting Gelato. I got the pumpkin. This was like eating cold pumpkin pie filling. Yummy, but was too much because it was rich.
IMG_0877.jpg

Eventually we headed back and I snapped a picture of the beautiful lantern wall in the lobby.
IMG_0878.jpg

I cropped this picture and it's my new desktop wallpaper. Love it!
IMG_0878 (2).jpg

We spent the rest of the night relaxing in the room.

12in12

We walked around a little bit. I was hoping to try Gideon's but wasn't waiting in that long line.
View attachment 743043

We ended up getting Gelato. I got the pumpkin. This was like eating cold pumpkin pie filling. Yummy, but was too much because it was rich.
View attachment 743044

Eventually we headed back and I snapped a picture of the beautiful lantern wall in the lobby.
View attachment 743046

I cropped this picture and it's my new desktop wallpaper. Love it!
View attachment 743045

We spent the rest of the night relaxing in the room.
I was going to ask about dessert at the Boathouse but than read you had gelato. Personally not a fan of sweet pumpkin flavoured anything so not envious of your dessert this time.
I am envious of you watching that beautiful sunset, it looked gorgeous.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Thurs., August 31st

When we woke up this morning, it was still an overcast day, but the radar didn't too bad. Some pop up showers likely in our future. We were on our way to Animal Kingdom. We arrived to the park for early entry and it did start lightly raining, but by the time we walked up to scan in, it had stopped. Our first stop: Dinoland!
IMG_0885.jpg

It was kind of creepy walking back because there was no one around. Josh even asked if I was sure Dinosaur was opening with early entry.

IMG_0886.jpg

Yes, it was, we were just the only guests rope dropping the ride.
IMG_2831.JPG

After jolting around in the darkness to find the dino, we went after the Yeti next.

IMG_1278.JPG

Then it was off to a morning safari.
IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

We were treated to a great big lion roar!! It was incredible.
IMG_0890.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0892.jpg

We were moving and a grooving through the park with very little people there today. Despite the lower crowds, I'm still a genie and lightening lane girl because I'm a sucker and I like convenience. By the time we were off the safari, it was time for our LL on Flight of Passage.
IMG_0893 (1).jpg

I love that ride so much. :inlove:

Then it was a relaxing boat ride through the Navi. Although, the girl in front of me had her phone raised above her head the entire ride while she was recording. So annoying!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Aug. 31, cont.
We mobile ordered some lunch at Satuli Canteen. This is one of my favorite places to sit inside and relax in the AC a bit.
Josh got the Chili-Garlic Shrimp Bowl and I got the Cheeseburger pods with veggie chips. I got a side of Creamy Herb Sauce to dip my pods in and it was a gamechanger. So good.
IMG_0894.jpg

IMG_0895.jpg

Ahh, it was so quiet and cool in there. I was zoning out of theme park mode, off my feet and ready to eat. I break my cheeseburger pod in half and begin to stuff in it my mouth just as a castmember comes over and puts a fake microphone in my face asking me what my favorite Disney movie was. By fake, I mean she is pretending to be holding a microphone in her hand. She sees that my mouth is now full and says it's ok, you can wait to answer. She waits and watches me as a chew and swallow. Feeling obligated to get to her question at this point, I tried to chew, chew, chew as fast as I could before finally answering The Little Mermaid. Ok, I'm done...nope. Have you see part 2 she asks? Have you seen the live action movie? What's your favorite song from the movie? Finally, my interview was done, however, Josh's was just getting started. He put down his fork to answer all of the same questions before we were finally set free to eat in peace. She stopped at every table and everyone seemed a bit confused. I know she was just trying to entertain, it was just a little strange.

After finishing up lunch, we decided to go catch the bird show. As we sit down, Josh decides he would like a Mickey Ice Cream bar, so he gets up before the show begins and goes to get one. He is sitting there eating and on the first bite a huge melty piece of chocolate falls down his shirt and into his lap and then another. I was once again dying of laughter. My poor husband. He sat through the entire show with chocolate down his shirt and all of his shorts.

IMG_0896.jpg

We really like this show. I even had a hawk fly right over my head.

After that was over, Josh went to the restroom to try and clean up. He somehow managed to get it all off, but said everyone was going to think he peed his pants. :hilarious: To try and ease his pain, I said, no it just looks like you rode Kali River Rapids. 😂

We boarded the Wildlife Express for a trip over to Rafiki's planet watch.
IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0899.jpg

I had never been over here before. I think it would be cool to catch a medical procedure being performed, but other than that, was just ok. We walked around the petting area before heading back.
IMG_0900.jpg

I believe after this we went and saw the Nemo show before getting coffee from Creature Comforts. We walked around the back of the Tree of Life while we drank of coffee.
IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0904.jpg

After finishing our drinks, we went to see It's Tough to be a Bug. It has been years since I've seen it and Josh never had. I heard it's now in the process of being changed soon, so I'm glad we caught it. On the walk in, I ironically got BIT by some kind of bug. I felt it bite me then it was stinging for a few hours after. I ended up getting a huge whelp there, that stayed for the rest of the week despite me applying ointment to it daily. I'm not sure what bit me, but wow!!

Maybe that was payback for me laughing at my husband so much because once again I was left laughing when the "bug" crawls under your bottom at the end because he jumped and yelped. hahaha! It got him good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom