Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Are the vloggers going to be able to visit CVS for artificial years so they can live-stream their “GUUUUUYZZZ!!1 We are FINALLY back in the Magic Kingdom and I’m just so emotional! Please like and subscribe Like oh my God, guyzzzz! There’s Mickey!!!1”
View attachment 670139
Don’t forget to leave a Superchat thank you Chad in Milwaukee I am so happy to be back too.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Any news on MCO? We're supposed to arrive on Saturday at 3pm ET and go to the parks starting Sunday but haven't seen any MCO updates other than the one in this forum.
Nothing official more than the below. The roads to access the airport are still flooded and that needs to be resolved for reopening. Then the airlines need to restart their operations. I would not expect the airport back to ’normal’ until late Sunday or Monday. And only your individual airline will know their plans to restart service to MCO

flynnibus

Premium Member
The boat docks are out in the open near Royal Pacific, and the berths are pretty snug when parking two right next to each other. Parking at least some of them under bridges gives them more protection and minimizes bumping against each other in high winds.

View attachment 670125

-Rob

But also puts them at risk of crushing their roofs when the water level raises so much. My guess is they put them under there more to keep them from getting swamped due to the sustained rains.

Lilofan

I would check in with your family members in Naples before heading down there. Conditions on the ground may not be ideal, even if their property escaped substantial damage.
Naples has a curfew until 6am tomorrow , no driving allowed in the city , approx 50% of roads are flooded. Is Ferrari of Naples going to have a salvage sale?

TimeDuck

Nothing official more than the below. The roads to access the airport are still flooded and that needs to be resolved for reopening. Then the airlines need to restart their operations. I would not expect the airport back to ’normal’ until late Sunday or Monday. And only your individual airline will know their plans to restart service to MCO

Thanks! Obviously you don't have a crystal ball but I wonder if we should pre-emptively change our flights to Sunday before it all gets booked up. Or if we should ride it out and hope that we'll be allowed to land Saturday afternoon.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Any news on MCO? We're supposed to arrive on Saturday at 3pm ET and go to the parks starting Sunday but haven't seen any MCO updates other than the one in this forum.
The Orlando International Airport recently released a statement advising visitors that "no timeframe has been selected for when MCO will return to normal operations."

You’d hope the airport is open by Saturday, but flight availability would be down to the airlines.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Thanks! Obviously you don't have a crystal ball but I wonder if we should pre-emptively change our flights to Sunday before it all gets booked up. Or if we should ride it out and hope that we'll be allowed to land Saturday afternoon.
I would contact your airline and ask them what they anticipate and work with them They are the only ones who will have a sense of their recovery plans.

CJR

They may not have the staff to be able to honor everyone with a park reservation. If that's the case, they have to prioritize somehow. Plus, if they only open some parks, people paying Disney money to stay at their resorts might not have access to a park.

They might, they might not. They would know. It's a weekday in September, so it's not a peak day. There's also a high likelihood that not everyone with a reservation made it to Florida.

I'm sure they'll be taking a lot of things into account. Like I said, we'll see what they decide soon. I just wouldn't completely bank on pre-2020 measures.

Lilofan

That is a nightmare if travelers cannot fly in and out of MCO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom