Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

mikejs78

Premium Member
The reservation system was not in place in the past. They could possibly, and that's the emphasis, do things differently this time.

They can keep it resort only or just honor people that had existing reservations. There's a lot of ways they can go about it. We'll find out very soon.

They may not have the staff to be able to honor everyone with a park reservation. If that's the case, they have to prioritize somehow. Plus, if they only open some parks, people paying Disney money to stay at their resorts might not have access to a park.

I have no idea what to do about our reservation/arrival on Sunday yet. We have Halloween party tix that it sounds like Disney will move ahead with so we are inclined to go. On the second half of our trip, we were supposed to be visiting family in Naples, but that looks unlikely right now. Even if we could make it from Orlando, I'm sure the infrastructure won't be fit for a family with small children.
If you do come,Are you driving or flying? If you’re driving I will definitely fill up with your supplies and bring it with. Things like diapers formula or whatever you need for your kids. In this day and age it’s crazy how items just all of a sudden are hard to come bye

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
They may not have the staff to be able to honor everyone with a park reservation. If that's the case, they have to prioritize somehow. Plus, if they only open some parks, people paying Disney money to stay at their resorts might not have access to a park.

Priority should go to those guests staying on property, especially if staffing is limited.

ToTBellHop

Priority should go to those guests staying on property, especially if staffing is limited.
They should start with the deluxes, of course.

1664486847632.gif

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Hey I noticed your countdown timer shows the Fort. Guessing you are on site and had to park at TTC. Have you heard anything about Fort status?

Does it? I need to change that. I've got my own place about 10 minutes from Western Way. And I would have been in one of the cabins, not the campgrounds. I imagine WDW will announce once Fort Wilderness is surveyed and any damage is assessed.

If you do come,Are you driving or flying? If you’re driving I will definitely fill up with your supplies and bring it with. Things like diapers formula or whatever you need for your kids. In this day and age it’s crazy how items just all of a sudden are hard to come bye
Flying into MCO from ORD and then driving into Naples on Wednesday. Kids are school age but little, so we luckily don't need much beyond mac & cheese and bottled water for them.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Yep. A lot of flights will still be disrupted due to crew and planes being out of position. The aiport being open doesn't really mean all that much if the airlines are disrupted.
If it’s any clue, United has all flights due to arrive prior to 10 am delayed till after 10am and all departing flights prior to noon canceled.

mightynine

Flying into MCO from ORD and then driving into Naples on Wednesday. Kids are school age but little, so we luckily don't need much beyond mac & cheese and bottled water for them.
I would check in with your family members in Naples before heading down there. Conditions on the ground may not be ideal, even if their property escaped substantial damage.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
WDW deciding to open to resort guests first might not only be about who spends what. It could be they’re confident about movement of guests within the resort, but don’t want to add the burden of guests traveling through surrounding damaged areas until things are better under control. It could be seen as a responsible thing to do.

They also encourage cancelling of trips with their hurricane refund policy:
”Q:
What does it mean for my vacation plans if a hurricane warning is issued within 7 days of my arrival date?
A:
If a hurricane warning is issued by the National Hurricane Center for the Orlando area—or for your place of residence—within 7 days of your scheduled arrival date, you may reschedule or cancel your Walt Disney Travel Company Disney Resort Hotel Package and most room only reservations (booked directly with Disney) without any cancellation or change fees imposed by Disney. Most room-only and vacation packages can be modified, or cancelled online, including changes to travel dates.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom