Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

DCBaker

Premium Member
11pm update -

Screen Shot 2022-09-23 at 10.54.13 PM.png

wutisgood

We decided to cancel our trip for Sept 24th through Oct 1st today. The forecast just does not look very promising and we decided it was not worth the risk and money spent to still go. We were driving from Tennessee. We had MNSSHP tickets for Tuesday and will loose that money but cancelled everything else.
Ask Disney if you can at least get a comp ticker for another day instead. Or give the tickets to someone on the forum who can use them if you really strike out. If they have the party you could even sell them on ebay for something back.

Touchdown

Original Poster
So landfall keeps being delayed while the track hasn’t changed. Also now looking to not make the turn NE and instead slam into GA. The models seem to be still quite different and still changing. If you notice, the area of the cone hasn’t really changed in 24 hours, just pushed more west. Ian appears to be vexing forecasters. The current path is close to the last Euro run but a day later then that model. GFS is back to hitting the panhandle. It will be interesting to see what happens with runs today.

Last edited:

Lilofan

Do you mean they are like undermining it? or like in the future. bc we are driving to disney right now.
If I were you once you get to WDW, fill up your gas tank, buy ponchos if you have not already, bottled water and snacks. Once the power goes out and if the parks shut down , the gas pumps stop working if the gas stations haven't already run out of gasoline. This is a time I would not want be on vacation where a hurricane is coming.

Last edited:

The Mighty Tim

I'm from the UK, so this sort of thing is new to me. I am currently on day 3 of my 12 day trip at WDW. I'm staying at a WDW resort hotel and do not have a rental car. I also have ADRs on Tuesday and Friday evening.

Is there anything I should do or should I just relax and enjoy my trip as best I can and let Disney so the worrying for me?

lazyboy97o

I'm from the UK, so this sort of thing is new to me. I am currently on day 3 of my 12 day trip at WDW. I'm staying at a WDW resort hotel and do not have a rental car. I also have ADRs on Tuesday and Friday evening.

Is there anything I should do or should I just relax and enjoy my trip as best I can and let Disney so the worrying for me?
It would be prudent to take an Uber to a grocery store and get some things if you’re stuck in your room for a few days. Even though the resort will likely have some food available you’re not going to want to go out to get those things.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Just do your thing…they’ll direct you if things are serious and you need to adjust.
I wouldn’t focus on it. Hurricanes (I’ve ridden out several including from wdw command posts) are really just “loud blustery days”, Pooh Bear.
Stock up on water for your room and prepare to be stuck there all day Wed and Thur
There won’t be a water shortage. Disney has enough supply on-site to last till the Armageddon

…they’re not in punta gorda 😂

Last edited:

Lilofan

Just do your thing…they’ll direct you if things are serious and you need to adjust.
I wouldn’t focus on it. Hurricanes (I’ve ridden out several including from wdw command posts) are really just “loud blustery days”, Pooh Bear.

There won’t be a water shortage. Disney has enough supply on-site to last till the Armageddon

…they’re not in punta gorda 😂
If riding out the hurricane at Disney was just loud blustery days why was AK and DAK closed for 3 days post hurricane in summer of 2004 before reopening ? Was it cleaning up after the hurricane or issues of staff coming to work post storm or both ?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If riding out the hurricane at Disney was just loud blustery days why was AK and DAK closed for 3 days post hurricane in summer of 2004 before reopening ? Was it cleaning up after the hurricane or issues of staff coming to work post storm or both ?
Honestly….cause you don’t read very well

I said in a post upthread that 2004 was the EXCEPTION

Hurricane charley - in particular - picked up speed and strength just before crossing the gulf coast. That’s how storms damage central Florida…they have to move fast.

If they’re not cooking…they loose a lot of the umph by Polk county.

Just like Andy…wasn’t supposed to be a big deal, but turned on the afterburners and was tight as a drum ripping through the Everglades

I’m not suggested anyone go play in the pool during it…but don’t scare the Brits. It’s been a tough month for them. 🇬🇧

Lilofan

Honestly….cause you don’t read very well

I said in a post upthread that 2004 was the EXCEPTION

Hurricane charley - in particular - picked up speed and strength just before crossing the gulf coast. That’s how storms damage central Florida…they have to move fast.

If they’re not cooking…they loose a lot of the umph by Polk county.

Just like Andy…wasn’t supposed to be a big deal, but turned on the afterburners and was tight as a drum ripping through the Everglades

I’m not suggested anyone go play in the pool during it…but don’t scare the Brits. It’s been a tough month for them. 🇬🇧
One impressive thing about Brits is some I know are unfazed on the cold January weather in Orlando. They may be disappointed when the water parks are closed for cold weather. Charley was a nightmare but when I was staying at WDW my flip phone from Verizon had cell coverage while others who had other carriers could not use their phones. 8-12 inches of predicted rain Tue/Wed in Orlando will flood some areas.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom