Hurricane Ian expected to impact Florida (updates and related discussions)

lazyboy97o

The Tampa Bay Rays are also scheduled to be playing at home this weekend against Toronto. Despite being an indoor stadium, I wonder if they will cancel the series or just relocate up to Canada for the series. It might inconvenience the dozen Rays fans planning on attending, but at least will keep everyone safe.
Why? The center of the storm is expected to still be south of Cuba on Sunday evening.

Gringrinngghost

08.AL0304W.GIF

If anyone wants a storm analog…

Lilofan

The Tampa Bay Rays are also scheduled to be playing at home this weekend against Toronto. Despite being an indoor stadium, I wonder if they will cancel the series or just relocate up to Canada for the series. It might inconvenience the dozen Rays fans planning on attending, but at least will keep everyone safe.
After Sunday game in Tampa , the team is getting out of Dodge and will fly to the Midwest playing in Cleveland , etc next week. Who knows, the players may take their families with them too.

bhg469

It still amazes me that there’s not a real big fan base when the team is legitimately good every year and has been for a little bit now.
Before I moved to FL I used to be a contractor for MLB and had visited many stadiums. The trop is by far the worst I have been to with the most difficult access for people to come and go. There isn't much around the stadium and while I wasn't there during a largely attended game I can only imagine leaving with really only a few small roads to exit would be a PITA! They either need to move to another city or find themselves in a situation to be in Tampa or best case somewhere between Tampa and Orlando.

michmousefan

Anyone have an idea of what the WDW resort cancellation polices are like if central Florida goes under a hurricane watch or warning?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom