Huggle-licious

barnum42

tigsmom said:
Some people find the right person the first time out and others need to look a little longer.
My Mother has always hoped that I just take after most of the O'Gorman men in the her side of the family. Apart from my Grandfather, they all got partnered comparatively late.

But as you know, after years of drought I've been having a good time these past seven or so months :)

barnum42

DDuckFan130 said:
Funny you say that...in the Latin community, a lot of girls my age are either seriously dating, engaged, or married. It's a cultural thing I guess :lol:
I'm sure one of the reasons for high divorce rates is the expectation that you HAVE to have a partner, so rather than be "left out" people end up with someone because that is what is expected.

I've always wanted to spend time with someone because of who they are, not to fulfil an expectation.

barnum42

speck76 said:
my parents never bothered me with marriage talk, until my sister got married a little over a year ago (and she is 4 years older than me).....now I am getting the "whatever you choose to do we will be ok with"......

is that?
Are they people who equate a love of Disney with show tunes, Barbara Streisand and a better dress sense than your average male?

tigsmom

barnum42 said:
My Mother has always hoped that I just take after most of the O'Gorman men in the her side of the family. Apart from my Grandfather, they all got partnered comparatively late.

But as you know, after years of drought I've been having a good time these past seven or so months :)

And she is a very lucky lady indeed!

huggles

Safari Giraffe

My take on this dating, love and marriage stuff goes like this:

I was probably the only one out of all my friends in high school that was without a "boyfriend". I probably had one or two throughout all 4 years of high school. Believe it or not I had many friends that were guys. I tended to be more serious, quiet and focused and did not lend myself much time for "fun" (well some fun). After high school I started to think that I would never find that special someone and for a while I did not. I was looking so hard to try to find Mr. Right that I probably missed alot of opportunities along the way. When I stopped focusing on finding the right person for me and just sat back and relaxed.............I found him!

You may ask.....how did I know he was the right one for me? I can't exactly explain it. I just knew it was right. Everything felt right. I could talk to him about anything and never worry about him judging me. I felt so comfortable around him right from the start. I think that's how you know it is "right".

Over many,many years the relationship had grown and matured and we knew we were meant to be together. We have known each other for over 18 years and been married 11 years and I would not trade him for anything in this world!

Long story short: The "right" person is someone who likes/loves you for who you are and not who they want you to be. It is someone who wants to see you achieve all your dreams and never holds you back, but always pushes you forward.

I guess you could say that I am also a hopeless Romantic (just like Mad).:)

MKCP 1985

Safari Giraffe said:
My take on this dating, love and marriage stuff goes like this:

I was probably the only one out of all my friends in high school that was without a "boyfriend". I probably had one or two throughout all 4 years of high school. Believe it or not I had many friends that were guys. I tended to be more serious, quiet and focused and did not lend myself much time for "fun" (well some fun). After high school I started to think that I would never find that special someone and for a while I did not. I was looking so hard to try to find Mr. Right that I probably missed alot of opportunities along the way. When I stopped focusing on finding the right person for me and just sat back and relaxed.............I found him!

You may ask.....how did I know he was the right one for me? I can't exactly explain it. I just knew it was right. Everything felt right. I could talk to him about anything and never worry about him judging me. I felt so comfortable around him right from the start. I think that's how you know it is "right".

Over many,many years the relationship had grown and matured and we knew we were meant to be together. We have known each other for over 18 years and been married 11 years and I would not trade him for anything in this world!

Long story short: The "right" person is someone who likes/loves you for who you are and not who they want you to be. It is someone who wants to see you achieve all your dreams and never holds you back, but always pushes you forward.

I guess you could say that I am also a hopeless Romantic (just like Mad).:)

Great post! I especially like your conclusion. Well said!

speck76

barnum42 said:
Are they people who equate a love of Disney with show tunes, Barbara Streisand and a better dress sense than your average male?

Disney and showtunes are one thing....I don't care for Babs, and I am very plain with the clothing.

In addition, I can not dance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom