Huggle-licious

Nemo14

Wow - I just peeked in to this thread and it looks like you guys had quite a conversation about dating. I never dated much through school, then in my twenties, I started to panic that I'd never find the right man. Little did I know that I'd be nearly 30 before I met him, but I knew from day one that he was the one. It's hard to explain, but when it happens, it just feels right.
My father (who married at 19) always told us to not be in a hurry to get married. He loved my mother dearly, but he totally understood how some people marry for all the wrong reasons. When you meet the right one, you know it, and then everything else seems to fall into place. I guess I too am a hopeless romantic!
Huggles all! :)

BeachClubVillas

Just peeked into this thread, and I have to weigh in. I feel like I'm an old maid at 22! :lol: While my cousins date just for the sake of dating, I don't really do that. I'm tired of wasting my time with guys who just aren't my type. I don't want to date a guy just for the sake of dating. I don't know if this makes any sense at all. I never really dated in high school, but I had a lot of guy friends. I went to an all-women's college, so that put a serious crimp in my dating prospects! It seems like all the guys around my age are goofy and immature. I'm looking for a man, not a boy. But because I look even younger than I am, most guys in their mid-20s or older don't even give me a second look.

I'm ready to just go out and buy a dozen cats and call it a day. :(

tigsmom

BeachClubVillas said:
Just peeked into this thread, and I have to weigh in. I feel like I'm an old maid at 22! :lol: While my cousins date just for the sake of dating, I don't really do that. I'm tired of wasting my time with guys who just aren't my type. I don't want to date a guy just for the sake of dating. I don't know if this makes any sense at all. I never really dated in high school, but I had a lot of guy friends. I went to an all-women's college, so that put a serious crimp in my dating prospects! It seems like all the guys around my age are goofy and immature. I'm looking for a man, not a boy. But because I look even younger than I am, most guys in their mid-20s or older don't even give me a second look.

I'm ready to just go out and buy a dozen cats and call it a day. :(

Awwww.......huggles

MKCP 1985

Safari Giraffe said:
Good Afternoon:)

Lots of spring cleaning to do!
Your ten foot pole probably comes in handy in getting to those corners around the high ceilings. :cool:

My daughter received some good news today. She received her ACT results and she has scored higher than I ever did, and she has tied her mother's score. (Her mother went to college on a full scholarship based on her class rank and ACT score). And this daughter of mine is still a sophomore!

I'm a Big Proud Daddy today. :cool:

nibblesandbits

Original Poster
MKCP 1985 said:
Your ten foot pole probably comes in handy in getting to those corners around the high ceilings. :cool:

My daughter received some good news today. She received her ACT results and she has scored higher than I ever did, and she has tied her mother's score. (Her mother went to college on a full scholarship based on her class rank and ACT score). And this daughter of mine is still a sophomore!

Wow! congrats to your daughter! I hated taking the ACT...it was hard! :lol:

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
MKCP 1985 said:

To echo nibblesandbits sentiments - congratulations! Never took the ACT myself, I grew up in SAT country and that was long enough ago I don't even remember what a good score was!

Safari Giraffe

MKCP 1985 said:

Well, since I am not really a giraffe (big suprise) I did have to climb a ladder to get to some high places (good thing my husband was not home). I actually put the ladder in places where I knew I would have a soft landing if I did fall off (couch, soft cushy chairs). I notice now that I am getting "older" that my sense of balance is not what it used to be.:lol:

I also thought: "Well if I fall and the injury is not too severe....I could probably fix myself".:lol:

Now on to more important things: Congratulations to your daughter on her wonderful ACT results and to you for having such a intelligent daughter. You truly must be a proud father! :)

It must make you "Proud Big Cat Daddy" for atleast the rest of the week!!:sohappy:

Now back to finish my big spring cleaning job....................

MKCP 1985

Thanks everyone for the congrats -I will be sure to pass them along to her. She is pretty happy . . . no - actually, she is thrilled today.

I can only dream of being "as cute as a giraffe." :lol:

Safari Giraffe

MKCP 1985 said:
Thanks everyone for the congrats -I will be sure to pass them along to her. She is pretty happy . . . no - actually, she is thrilled today.

I can only dream of being "as cute as a giraffe." :lol:

I've seen a picture of you I think. You are not bad looking. I'm sure you make your wife and daughter proud.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom