Huggle-licious

barnum42

MKCP 1985 said:
Joe, I was thinking of you last night. My daughter's boyfriend was over having dinner with us and he brought up the fact he is boycotting Nestle because his science teacher told the class Nestle used child labor to harvest their cocoa beans.

I told him your story about the baby formula. :wave:
Interesting that Nestle are able to be so wrong in more than one area.

speck76

MKCP 1985 said:
Joe, I was thinking of you last night. My daughter's boyfriend was over having dinner with us and he brought up the fact he is boycotting Nestle because his science teacher told the class Nestle used child labor to harvest their cocoa beans.

I told him your story about the baby formula. :wave:
We should not pin American ideals on foreign countries.....Child Labor was an accepted practice in the states for much longer than it has been unaccepted.

If we wanted to pin American values on foriegn producers....the vast majority of us would not be able to afford anything....

DDuckFan130

speck76 said:
We should not pin American ideals on foreign countries.....Child Labor was an accepted practice in the states for much longer than it has been unaccepted.

If we wanted to pin American values on foriegn producers....the vast majority of us would not be able to afford anything....
*huggles*

:wave:

Lil'mermaid

This study hall bores and I really hate being short. I was reading a magazine before and when I finished it I went to put it back where it belonged on the wall. I nearly killed myself with it because I cant reach the top part and the magazines have a hard plastic case thing on them. :brick:

Funny sight for the day: I'm sitting in a chair reading ESPN Magazine, looking over the fantasy baseball ranking and such and I look over that the guy next to me, reading Seventeen. The two of just started laughing, then got yelled at cause we're in the "silent reading" section. :lol:

kal1484

Is it me, or are people on this fourm not able to use english? heck, even my math teacher sent me an e-mail I couldn't understand! What's with the english today? I mean, I know mine might not be grand, but you can understand it!?

*gets off soap box*

stranger

speck76 said:
can I wear a french maid outfit?

From your closet:

fifi-c.jpg

:wave:

stranger

Lil'mermaid said:
This study hall bores and I really hate being short. I was reading a magazine before and when I finished it I went to put it back where it belonged on the wall. I nearly killed myself with it because I cant reach the top part and the magazines have a hard plastic case thing on them. :brick:

Funny sight for the day: I'm sitting in a chair reading ESPN Magazine, looking over the fantasy baseball ranking and such and I look over that the guy next to me, reading Seventeen. The two of just started laughing, then got yelled at cause we're in the "silent reading" section. :lol:

Yup, that's funny!

:lol:

I use to read my roommate's Maxim magazines and he would read my "girly" ones.

stranger

DDuckFan130 said:
Hi everyone who wasn't here :wave:

Rox, feeling better today?

Ehh...just taking a break!

A co-worker decided it would be a good idea to quit and leave all the dirty work for us. :brick:

DDuckFan130

stranger said:
Ehh...just taking a break!

A co-worker decided it would be a good idea to quit and leave all the dirty work for us. :brick:
That's always fun. Would you like to deal with the ESE kids I've been dealing with all day? :p

barnum42

wdwprincess03 said:
Is it me, or are people on this fourm not able to use english? heck, even my math teacher sent me an e-mail I couldn't understand! What's with the english today? I mean, I know mine might not be grand, but you can understand it!?

*gets off soap box*
"English" needs a capital "E"

;)

I think the problems with written English on Internet forums comes from a number of reasons:

Most people, self included, can get too involved rattling off responses to take 100% care over composition and silly little error creep in.

Ppl 2 uzd 2 txting dont chng wen onlne.

General ignorance of grammatical rules / general "don't care" attitude with grammatical rules.

Dyslexia

Not having a spell checker installed on the browser.

International visitors to the forums - English not being their first language.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom