HUGE news/rumors

raven

Characters do not need to creep into every ride experience:lookaroun

Tell me about it. Pretty soon they will add Disney Villians to the Haunted Mansion. :hurl:

Anyone remember Copperfields thing in MGM.

I do. There was a huge billboard outside the gates advertising David Copperfields Restaurant when I was there in '98. Since my father is a magician he wanted to find out everything about it and when he asked a few CMs he was told the tables would "levitate".

TTATraveler

I am not exactly thrilled about the Jungle Cruise rumor, in fact it annoys me. The jungle radio broadcast is full of quirky humor and puns and really compliments your experience on the JC provided you have a good skipper. I can't figure out what Timon and Pumba have to do with the Jungle Cruise or how they would create a preshow. What would they have, some kind of continuous loop on the TV screens. Characters do not belong on the Jungle Cruise. If they feel the need to spend money on the JC, why not add the pirahana attack scene from DL or actually get guns that make shooting noises at the hippos like they do in DL.

Lee

Adventurer
I think we need to hear from Lee or Corrus about this...

Well...I can provide about half of that equation...

Jungle Cruise...yep, though I hadn't heard about T & P being added...hope not.

Space Mountain...been on the wings for a while...looks like it may have the greenlight.

Imagination....no idea.
My usual sources have had NOTHING to say about Imagination.

Soarin...yeah, it'll get a new film..don't know when, though...

I don't understand why so many peopl eon this site seem to hate pixar. The stuido has put out most of the most popular movies for disney in the past 10ish years. My younger siblings adore most of these movies and love the rides and charcaters even more. Would you all rather see a valiant attraction added into the parks, or something based of home of the range, or whatever the movie was called I forget. As some one who grew up at Disney World and now is a cast meber, I love anything new into the parks, especially if pixar is envolved. I happen to think those guys are geniuses. But that is just my two cents. I think sometimes this site which is for people who love disney gets a little caried away with being mad at every little thing they do.

Yay for some new stuff in spectro, maybe they will start training us seasonal kids.

darthjohnny

I don't understand why so many peopl eon this site seem to hate pixar. The stuido has put out most of the most popular movies for disney in the past 10ish years. My younger siblings adore most of these movies and love the rides and charcaters even more. Would you all rather see a valiant attraction added into the parks, or something based of home of the range, or whatever the movie was called I forget. As some one who grew up at Disney World and now is a cast meber, I love anything new into the parks, especially if pixar is envolved. I happen to think those guys are geniuses. But that is just my two cents. I think sometimes this site which is for people who love disney gets a little caried away with being mad at every little thing they do.

Yay for some new stuff in spectro, maybe they will start training us seasonal kids.

Well, I, along with you and many others like Pixar as well. They have produced great films, along with Disney's help. I think many bloggers on this site complain because they seem to think the Disney theme parks are being taken over by Pixar. They think Tomorrowland might as well be called Pixarland because of Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Monter's Inc. Laugh Floor, and the rumors about the Tomorrowland Speedway turning into a Cars theme and the rumored Incredibles ride coming. It also doesn't help that there is a rumor out there, though highly unlikely in my opinion, that when Disney drops the MGM name from the Studios theme park, the park will be called Disney/Pixar Studios.

jedimaster1227

Why yes, that would be me that dies.....of happiness. :D Maggie

I do pray that this doesn't happen because the Jungle Cruise really is one of those attractions that doesn't need character additions. Pirates was able to pull it off but Jungle Cruise wouldn't be able to. Thats like Disney placing mockups of Lindsey Lohan all around the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse- OH wait! :eek: They are already doing that(after the movie comes out)!

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
That part, I didn't confirm. As far as I know, it shouldn't close within the next month if it is even going to close within the next two months. The supposed time that it would close would be announced on Oct. 1.

Well dont they usually close the facility down before they make an announcement? They did that with Timekeeper and there doing it now with Who Wants to be a millionare (they still havent announced Midway Mania)

I do pray that this doesn't happen because the Jungle Cruise really is one of those attractions that doesn't need character additions. Pirates was able to pull it off but Jungle Cruise wouldn't be able to. Thats like Disney placing mockups of Lindsey Lohan all around the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse- OH wait! :eek: They are already doing that(after the movie comes out)!

Well, at least Lindsay Lohan will have a very remote reason to be there, what with the movie. But Timon and Pumbaa? What do they have to do with the JC at ALL? I mean, I love T&P, but on the Jungle Cruise? No way.

After fuming over it for a few hours, I have decided that the T&P/JC idea is too ludicrous to take place, and somebody just fabricated the whole thing to rile people up.

WDWKat26

VERY excited over the idea of a few new additions to Spectromagic. I love that parade! Also exicited to see Space MOuntain get a small upgrade, the new Soarin' film has me worried though. Don't know why so many think it needs changed when it feels so perfect. I can only hope it is equally fantastic. Even if some of these never pan out, I want to thank you for sharing the info.

Eh, I call bullhonky on the Spectro Magic rumor. I work that parade 5 days a week, and there's no room to add Lilo, Stitch, Woody etc.

Plus, Pixar characters are not allowed to be in the same parade/photo as Disney characters. Something about the contracts, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom