HUGE news/rumors

dxwwf3

Hopefully jedimaster is right about the Imagination budget.

And I REALLY hope the Jungle Cruise preshow rumor does not come true. The Jungle Cruise does not need a preshow and it ESPECIALLY does not need characters either.

IWalt

Grow up with the Studios name being changed to Disney-Pixar, that is completely retarded, completely. If anything the MGM will be dropped and they will just be called the Disney Studios, no reason what so ever to add that Pixar on and thats if MGM even goes away. I remeber when a certain Jim Hill said a few years ago that MGM was going away but its still on the park so that was wrong too.

Do not believe anything Jim Hill tells you,

As for the other rumors lets hope some of them are true and we get a new video for soarin even though the current one isn't bad and that the seas are brought back to life.
I have never been a fan of Jim Hill but I have two words for all MIDWAY MADNESS. I can;t think of a better way to promote this, then to rename the park this would help bring the pixar brand to the theme park and if we are all very very lucky keep pixar out of the magic kingdom any more then it is. ( I can dream right) Rename R'N'R Stich's Space Flight. Change Indy Stunt Show To The Incredibles Show and just keep going. We will see in Oct I hope. Peace

AdLibSean

I'm so over the pixar-ization of the parks- we already have too much of it, and now they're adding it to the parades??? Whatever... sorry to sound so negative- just venting.

wannab@dis

The budget will be bigger than the last two rehashs' but smaller than the original. The budget really isn't *that* small.
Oh? So what *is* the budget since your post makes it apparent that you know?

We've seen $13M for JC and $30M for Space Mtn... what are you hearing for Journey IV?

gboiler1

JUngle Cruise refurbishment scheduled for 2008 may feature addition of Timon and Pumbaa in some kind of pre-show video - Yuck. I really hope that this doesn't happen. Characters do not need to creep into every ride experience:lookaroun

I agree w/Meeko. I hope Timon and Pumbaa don't get a preshow on JC. I enjoy hearing the "messages" being broadcast and would miss the off beat humor. However, I'd love to see additions like at DL. The new Gorilla scene and Pirahna scene sound interesting or at least something new to breath a little more life into a classic attraction w/o taking anything away.

jedimaster1227

But the real question is....will it really close around the 20th. of this month?

That part, I didn't confirm. As far as I know, it shouldn't close within the next month if it is even going to close within the next two months. The supposed time that it would close would be announced on Oct. 1.

doop

Thanks for the info, that is all good news. I can't wait for the space mountain refurb, the onboard sound system is gonna be neat, seeing as I've never ridden the DL one. I'm not sure about the Jungle Cruise, I like it the way it is, but it could use a change.

imagineerfan

A new Soarin' film would be awesome. Since it is debuting at DLP I imagine it will cover scenes from all over the world. That would be pretty amazing, especially if they flew over the Golden Dome and Touch Down Jesus here at Notre Dame :p .

I can't wait for a new show!

Dan

Go IRISH, beat Wolverines!

Jerm

Again it is all rumor, till 1. Disney says so but even then it is not forsure until 2. Disney opens it. Anyone remember Copperfields thing in MGM.

Also Stitch was Disney not Pixar!!!!!!!

J

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe there are no plans yet to change it - only to film a new version? When's the DLP version scheduled to open?
Official word - a few years. Officially they are waiting to see what impact ToT and Nemos Coaster has. If the guests flock in phase 3 of the expansion will begin - including Soarin`.

Wannab@dis - that`s the first time I`ve read "JII IV". I like the sound of it ;)

imagineer boy

Great to hear. I hope these rumors are true.

Not too excited about the rumored Timon and Pumbaa editions to the JC, but the others sound great.

kcnole

The Soarin rumor is not new. I've been hearing that one for a long time, that they are going to go ahead and create the film of soarin over the world to tie soarin into epcot and then use that as the film for the paris version whenever it opens. The perfect time to introduce this film would be during Epcots 25th anniversary. Hopefully it'll end with a flyover of SSE while Illuminations is going on.

DisneyRoxMySox

I thought I mentioned this before..I guess I didn't. They recently approved some new names for windows on Main Street...this could be the big announcement? :D

jedimaster1227

I thought I mentioned this before..I guess I didn't. They recently approved some new names for windows on Main Street...this could be the big announcement? :D

New names as in famous imagineers and Disney alumni? That could make for the start of a nice announcement that would get bigger afterwards... :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom