HUGE news/rumors

hedbeeninfested

I didnt feel like readin through all 11 pages to see if this was said but regarding the Jungle Cruise pre show video with Timon and Pumba. For those of you that own the Lion King DVD theres a 'safari' which they narrate you through on boat or in a jeep. That is the only connection I can make as to why they would put Timon and pumba into the Jungle Cruise...for kids who like to play the games on the Lion King DVD...

Captain Chaos

Ok... October 8, 2006 is the closing date for JIYI or maybe 2008??? Either way, I believe a refurb is coming.. Sooner or later, we keep guessing a date for the refurb we will be right.. :lol:

Imagination has been given an undisclosed, but reportedly small budget for it's refurbishment. Attraction closes around 9/20, Image Works in January.

Yeah, I've heard 'bout that. I read somewhere that Dreamfinder might be in it, but sence you said, 'small budget', I probibly doubt it.

Jungle Cruise refurbishment scheduled for 2008 may feature addition of Timon and Pumbaa in some kind of pre-show video.

Sounds entertaining! Can't wait!

Space Mountain's 2008 refurbishment will simply bring refreshed track, Lighting, and new vehicles with impressive audio systems and LED screens.

Oooooh, my sissy's not gonna be happy when she hears it's gonna be closed for refurb... :lol:

The building of the Living Seas is going to turn completely blue. Light projectors have been installed near the building.

Whoot. :rolleyes:

Spectromagic will close in january for the additions of new characters, Stitch, Lilo, Terk, Nemo, Woody, Buzz Lightyear, and a new villians float added onto the Chernabog float.

For a moment there, I thought you were gonna say it's being replaced (thanks Gawd it's not)! I absolutely ADORE Lilo & Stitch and everyone else, so even though I'll be dissapointed it's gone for a while, I'll still be glad it won't be gone forever... Right? :lookaroun :veryconfu Though how they're gonna put Nemo on a float leaves me clueless... :confused:

The Soarin' film change for next September has been given the green light for filming. The reason for the green light is that DLP is also recieving the same film for their soon to begin constructed version.

Oh well... Atleast my mom doesn't have to face her fear of hights so soon yet. :p That is, ofcoarse, we go before September 2007... :goodnevil

The changes to Fantasmic that I mentioned last month may not happen until the spring, but may be announced on 10/1.

Awwwww... I'll be SO dissapointed to not see it when I go next time... It's my fav night show... :cry:

Big changes to Toon Town are going to be taking shape very soon. Expect to see characters from Playhouse Disney shows and maybe even a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse show by April. Work should begin by November.

But Playhouse Disney characters are already at Disney's MGM Studios, so why bring 'em at Magic Kingdome...? Bah, oh well.

Thats it... for now. I expect to hear much more before 10/1!
Let the rumor mill begin!

Can't wait to hear more from ya! :)

If anything that Disney does or does not do I just dont want them touching or removing Spectro Magic.

Yeah! Spectro Magic's the best parade I've ever seen! And tons of people watch it every night it runs (to my knowledge anyway), so why take something so popular? Snow White's Scary Adventure's REALLY old and people still ride it...

And what's with everyone against the whole Timon and Pumbaa thing? I think it'd be great. Besides, if it's gonna be on those TV's before you go on the ride, it would really help the little kids settle down while waiting in the line. It gets really hot and what not, and little kids hate waiting in line doing nothing, so, yeah...

WDWKat26

I just want to let everyone know that SpectroMagic WILL NOT be changing. It will remain the same, it will not be adding or taking away characters. You heard it here, I heard it from Management. Trust me, nothing is changing. Disney doesn't have the budger nor the staff to add all of those characters.

TestTrack

I just want to let everyone know that SpectroMagic WILL NOT be changing. It will remain the same, it will not be adding or taking away characters. You heard it here, I heard it from Management. Trust me, nothing is changing. Disney doesn't have the budger nor the staff to add all of those characters.

200+ million for M:S and they don't have the budget to add a couple characters? Why do I doubt that?

Not that I necessarily believe the rumor...but I think disney has the money to add a couple characters to a parade.

Captain Chaos

Or maybe if we just keep "believing" it will happen than it will... :lol:

If you believe hard enough, your dreams can come true... If we can dream it, then we can do it..

TestTrack said:
200+ million for M:S and they don't have the budget to add a couple characters? Why do I doubt that?

Not that I necessarily believe the rumor...but I think disney has the money to add a couple characters to a parade.

Totally agree with you. Disney has the funds. They will use their funds if they want to. I can't see Stitch in SpectroMagic, but ya never know.

Luigi

Its the wrong kind of humor for the attraction. The Jungle Cruise is funny, but not cartoony. It relies on dark, dry humor, not animated characters making fart jokes.

I hope it doesn't change much. We were very lucky last year, my 7 year old son got to "drive" the Jungle Cruise. It is now his favorite ride.

Figments Friend

Maybe we will learn more after the announcment on the 1st?

I have'nt heard any more about it.....would be nice to see something take place but i'm sure it's not on the top of the list right now.

Good to hear Spectro will be left as is. I can see them changing out SOME characters if they wanted to, but not add any as Kat was saying regarding the budget constraints. For example, they could take a couple of characters out, and replace them with more "current" characters to keep the parade fresh for longtime viewers. Did'nt Roger Rabbit once partake in this parade? Someone told me he was originally the "conductor" that wasd replaced by Genie.

I suppose if there was enought interest, they could pull out a couple of characters that do not have speaking ques and swap them out for Stitch, Terk, Timon, etc. This would mean it would be the same number of staff to perform the parade, no more and no less. Make sense?

Just a thought. Personally i like Spectro the way it is. :animwink:

Mr.EPCOT

I talked to a couple of Imagination Cast Members yesterday, and they didn't seem to know anything about their pavilion being closed for an overhaul anytime soon.

WDWKat26

Of course they "have" the money, they are just using it to provide guests with new shows (i.e. Woody's Cowboy Camp, Family Fun Day Parade, Dream Along With Mickey, etc.). They're not going to add extra characters, mainly because of staffing too. I won't get into it, but like I said before Spectro Magic is not changing.

CaptainMichael

They have money, but it's not being budgeted to Spectromagic. I can think of many better things to spend the money on than a few new characters. Another problem is definitely staffing. Contrary to popular belief, Disney doesn't have excess CM's just waiting around to be in a parade, etc. They need all the help they can get in existing areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom